Memories

Reborn [ HIATUS ]

  Panting heavily, the dog bounded up the hill as fast he could, following the pained cries of his master. When he finally found the man, he saw him being attacked by other men and growled before barking and throwing himself at the attackers.

  The animal was suddenly struck down with a whine of agony as one of the men shoved a knife into it's right side. 

  He tried to scramble up as his master called his name, but could only move his head as blood gushed forth from the wound. 

  His eyes were watery and he whined lowly, in pain and at the sight of his master being kicked by the men before they too stabbed him and ran away. The dog's ears perked up slowly as the man tried to crawl over to him. 

  "Choongjae...Choongjae..."

  However, the man didn't reach his faithful dog in time, hand stopping just inches in front of his muzzle before he stopped moving.

  The dog whined and tried to get his master to wake but he wouldn't move, and as the dizzying smell of blood and early dawn spring was carried by the wind and leaves, the dog's eyes closed as well.

  Jun Jin sat up in bed, gasping for air. His sheets were soaked with sweat and he was breathing heavily. 

  Clutching the fabric of his shirt over his heart, his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness of the bedroom. Staring at random objects that finally started to come into view, he tried to push away the memories of a past life's events.

  He knew exactly what he had dreamed, because it wasn't even a dream, but a memory. A memory of the animal he used to be.

  Flopping back down onto the bed, he sighed and looked up at the ceiling as he tried to focus on the reason his dreams had become so frequent lately.

  It had been when he first met his fellow co-worker Andy at the pet shop.

  "Excuse me..." a soft voice said off to the side. Jun Jin was busy feeding a newborn pup when he felt the presence next to him and turned his head, looking up at the new arrival from where he was on the floor. Instead of greeting them like he normally did, he was slack-jawed at the sight of a face he hadn't seen in, well, years.

  "Sunho..." he muttered, not noticing he actually said the other's real name.

  "Um, sorry?" the look-alike asked. "I couldn't hear you." Jun Jin immediately shot up, surprising the other and the tiny puppy in his hand.

  "Sorry, sorry. Uh, what did you say your name was?" Jun Jin asked incredulously, focus entirely on the other man before he noticed the small animal was crying. Bringing it close to him, he smiled sofly and told it not to cry before starting to feed it the rest of the formula in the bottle.

  "I didn't say my name, but it's Andy." the slightly shorter man replied, finally introducing himself with a smile. "I came here because I saw that you had a job opening." Holding out an ad to Jun Jin, the taller's eyes scanned over the paper and nodded his head dumbly.

  "You're gonna have to talk to the boss about that. He's in his office right now, if you want me to show you." Finally, Jun Jin smiled towards the other before setting the baby bottle on the table beside him, still holding onto the pup.

  "Tha woud be great, thank you..."

  "Jun Jin. Follow me." Gesturing with his shoulder, he brought the tiny pup close to his chest as it started dozing off and led the way to his boss' office. Gently using his finger to pet the small dog's head, he pushed open the door to the office with his foot. "Hey, Eric, someone's asking for the job opening. He says his name is Andy." 

  Turning back to smile at Andy while keeping the door open, Jun Jin smiled and nodded his head, as if to tell him to go inside.

  After he walked in and Eric started talking, Jun Jin pulled his leg out of the arch and let the door close before walking back to the front of the shop. He frowned slightly, a million thoughts racing through his head as he returned the pup to its brothers and sister. 

  That was the first day he had met Andy.

  From then on, Jun Jin's days were full of surprises, most-if not all-of them having to do with Andy. As it turned out, the younger worked quite well with animals. He was easily surprised and seemed to have an affinity for horror movies. Still, there was so much more Jun Jin didn't know about the younger. 

  Sighing again, Jun Jin turned over in his bed and stared out the window.

  All he could do was think of the similarities between Sunho, his past owner, and Andy. They had the same face, the same tone of voice, the same bright smile that made Jun Jin's heart go pitter-patter.

  Burying himself under the covers as a blush started to rise on his cheeks, the man turned away from the window and closed his eyes, trying to fall alseep. Tomorrow was another day of work (to be read: another day with Andy) and he didn't want to be tired the entire time. 

  Jun Jin forced himself to stop thinking so much so he could sleep, but he couldn't help the thousands of thoughts swirling around in his head.

  It was only around an hour later that he finally fell asleep, faintly noticing that the clock on his bedside table read 12:34 as he drifted into his dreams once again.


  + OH MAN You do not know how long I've had this idea! *shot* T^T I finally got to actually writing it today and I think the first chapter came out pretty well. :D And then tomorrow we meet Andy! >u< I hope you liked the chapter, and I hope to finish the next one soon! Bye for now~