Here I Come, Here I Stay

Love Run

Chapter 1

For five years they have not seen each other but they never forget to call and text.

And those years they long for each other’s embrace. Now sixteen, Soojung was granted by her parents to go there and spend her summer vacation.

“Dad, I’ll be careful, and mom ,” she paused to face her mother, “I’ll be fine, Victoria is there to take care of me and so are the other workers there.” She smiled as she kissed her mother’s cheeks and her sister came ascending from the stairs with grace wearing a grey cocktail dress with a grin imprinted on her face, “Yiyun is also there to take care of her.” She winked at the younger Jung who rolled her eyes in return.

“She’s a friend, I miss her.” She pouted as she hugged her father and jabbed her sister’s shoulder who scoffed, “you better come back, Soojung.” She glared at her younger sister but smiled at her as she kissed her on the forehead.

“Of course, Unnie.”

--

“WHERE THE HELL IS YIYUN?!!”  a faint scream can be heard inside the Jung manor, then a boyish girl came in living room, her bangs that almost cover her eyes and she smiled at the person who is looking at her.

“Hey there, sorry if I’m late, the crops are heavy to carry so, yeah..” she shrugged her shoulders as she fixed her hair, the person who screamed at her let out a sigh and said., “fine, but Krystal is coming here today, you better be good, alright? I don’t want anything to happen to her so I ensure her safety to you.” She said firmily as she raised her other brow at Yiyun who blushed when she heard the name of Krystal.

“Of course, I better get going then.. see you later, Vic-noona!” with that she ran away and went back to her home to pick-up her phone and there was a message.

From: Soojungie

I’ll be there in 5 hours, see you in a bit, Yiyun! J

P.S – got so excited that I can’t sleep so I’m using this advantage to sleep so that I can spend time with you when I get there! Xox

Yiyun smiled at the message and sent a reply.

To: Soojungie

Finally! So I can squish that cute face of yours! See you soonest, ddungie! I missed you and I’ve got something to tell you when you get here! Go catch some Zzz’s first! :D

She locked her phone and took a bath, she decided to wear white shirt and a grey cardigan with black sweatpants since she’s still have to work at the farm (Just because Soojung is there doesn’t mean she doesn’t need to work anymore) her dad was in the city with her sister (who studies there) because her dad is sick and the doctors in Korea are in the city so Yiyun is left to work harder in order to earn money.

--

Yiyun looked at her old mickey mouse watch and mumbled the time, “3:34 PM, she should be here by two hours.” She was cut off with her thoughts when Luna hugged her from behind, “Yiyun, Krystal will be home soon!” she exclaimed as Yiyun wriggled out from the hug and patted her head, “Yeah, I wonder what she looks like now.” She smiled to herself as she imagined her old friend’s look.

By now, Soojung should be 16 years old, a sophomore in high school. While Yiyun is 18 and a senior in high school, she goes to the public school with Luna and her twin.

“Don’t worry, she’ll remember you and you’ll be just fine!” with that, Luna gave her the brightest smile that she could muster and went on carrying a bouquet of flowers for the visitor.

Yiyun scratched her head when she heard her name, “YIYUN!” being called, she went to the source and smiled at the girl in front of her.

It was Choi Sulli, she became friends with her 3 years ago when her family visited the farm since her father and Soojung’s  are siblings. She was just the same age as Soojung but Sulli enrolls herself at the private high school.

“Sulli!” she waved at the girl who went to her and hugged her, Yiyun hugged her back in return and patted her head as she lets go of the hug.

“Are you here to meet your cousin, too?” she asked, Sulli shook her head indicating a ‘no’ and giggled when she saw Yiyun’s bemused expression.

“I’m here to see you, hyung!” she smiled widely, Yiyun knows the girl’s feelings towards her but she declined saying “I only see you as a sister, Ssul.” Which she responded, “Then let me be the little brother that will take care of you! I’ll call you hyung from now on!”

“You silly girl, go back at the house as I take a bath, Soojungie will be here soon.” She grinned at the thought of her first love.

“That smile is evident that you love Soojungie,” Sulli muttered as she saw Yiyun walk to their small house at the back of Jung’s Manor.

--

“FINALLY! HOME!” Soojung smiled widely as the view of their house is clearly seen,  when they arrived she immediately went out to be greeted by the headmaid, Victoria.

“Miss Soojung, welcome home!” she smiled as she greeted her mistress, Soojung rolled her eyes, “Vic-noona! Don’t miss me!” she pouted, Victoria laughed and nodded, “now why don’t you give noona a hug?” Soojung laughed and hugged her friend, she wants to drop the formalities in their farm when her parents aren’t around because just like them, she’s also human and she wants things between her and them to be equal.

The hug was cut off when she heard a horse approaching them, she lets go of Vic who winked at her as she looks at the rider of the horse, she was wearing a white shirt with grey cardigan, black faded pants and grey long boots, the rider’s hair was short, her bangs almost covering her eyes, her eyes were piercing through her, and to top it all off, the rider’s dorky smile which Soojung recognized.

“Yiyun.” She breathed out as Yiyun jumped from the horse and nodded, “Soojung.”

(A/N- cue Love Run music from AMBER’S Beautiful Album, you’ll enjoy reading if you’re listening to the song, I promise!!!)

“Yiyun!” she grinned widely as she jumped on the figure in front of her who laughed, “Soojungie! You’re all grown up!” the older girl said as she raised the girl in front of her who laughed along with her.

Yiyun let’s go of her and examined Soojung, her face has become mature, she’s also grown some body parts especially her height but she’s still taller than Soojung.

“Am I still pretty as you’ve remembered?” she asked, Yiyun patted the girl’s head who giggled, “You’ve become prettier, I must say.” She said as she winked at her playfully which was returned by a light jab on Yiyun’s rib.

“Stupid, help me with my things, we need a lot of things to talk about.” She pouted, Yiyun nodded and said, “Let me tie the horse first, I’ll meet you at our old meeting place by the flower farm.”

Soojung nodded as Yiyun waved her goodbye.

Here I come, here I stay.

--

“So how long will you be staying here, Soojungie?” Yiyun asked as she sat next to the girl who’s sitting at the pathway of the flowers as she stared at the sunset.

“Two months, how about you? You’ll be in college soon, right?” the younger girl asked and slowly leaned her head on the older girl’s shoulder when she felt that she’s now seated beside her.

“Yup, I’m planning to enroll at the University where my sister is at,” she sighed as she picked a flower and played with it.

“What University?”

Yiyun pondered for a second, “I forgot what it’s called but they call it SMU.”

Soojung nodded, “Soo Man University, it’s where Unnie studies,” she smiled at the idea, Yiyun blinked, “It’s where Jessica-noona is?”

“Yep.”

“So we’ll be seeing each other then,” she mumbled.

They remained like that, the silence is enough for them, just to feel the presence next to each other is enough.

“I read your text, you wanted to say something?” Soojung removed her head from Yiyun’s shoulder and looks at the girl beside her who smiled, Yiyun then placed the flower on Soojung’s ear.

“I love you, Soojungie.”

Soojung looked at her with wide eyes, she raised her hand to touch Yiyun’s cheek, “Is this a dream?” she asked, Yiyun giggled as she shook her head, “No, Princess, this isn’t.”

“Prove it to me, then.” Soojung challenged as she puts her hand on Yiyun’s cheek and nodded, Yiyun slowly leaned on her and at cue, the sun was descending and it was there, the flower farm’s pathway, where they were seated, had their first kiss.

And it was a start of something new to them.

Here I come, here I stay.