Chapter 3.

"plus que ma propre vie."
Year 2011 {mid November)
 
• Haehyun - memory
• Kichul - atmosphere
• Yekyung - immunity
• Jya Min - illusionist
• Dylan - healing
• Yasmin - affliction 
 

"Before we show you your in-charges, we'll just have you know that the six of them have been hand-picked and chosen by all of us here.  They will be your hoobaes in the near future, but in here...  You are theirs."  The room filled with silent muttering, and Kani sighed inwardly, knowing this would happen while Yasmin stuck her tongue out at him, Jya Min sniggering besides her.

 
"Anyone who disagrees now or feels that they rather not be part of this, please approach us and let us know.  We will then make your memory of this agency vanish forever."
 
Dead silence.
 
Yekyung gave a dry chuckle, causing his leader besides him to elbow him but it only led to the two of them laughing silently at the end of the room.
 
Kilum swiped onto the next slide, and their faces appeared onscreen, showing their abilities as well.
 
"Some of them are having suggestive thoughts."
 
Yasmin grinned widely at Dylan, before shouts were heard and a few people started writhing in their seats.
 
"Yasmin."
 
She smiled widely at the people seated before bowing to her higher-ups, who chuckled forcibly.
 
"This is what happens when people wants to use powers for their ill gains." Kichul said with certainty while moving towards the front with the rest of them, and he felt the atmosphere change.  "It is not our desire to have such people part of the agency, much less train them."
 
"Well-noted.  We'll ensure that those people be taken out from here." Kani smiled inwardly, knowing his kids' hearts and desires for a better and more serving industry.  He turned back to the screen and slid in a few charts.  "Now, take note of your interviewer for the first part and challenger for the second part.  This will be the final round before we officially recruit any of you in."

Jya Min sighed as she peered over the top of her sunglasses at the performance stage.  

 
"When do you think we'll be up there?"
 
Kichul rolled his eyes and smacked Dylan's head.  "It's all going to plan, patience is a virtue, my young child."
 
Haehyun sniggered as he and the other members made their way out of the car.  
 
"Are we ready for the first round of day three?"
 
Yasmin shrugged, her face showing ridiculousness and not bothering to cover up a yawn.  "It's so early in the morning and we actually have to put them through all this now?"
 
Yekyung smiled and put his arm around their youngest, tapping her lightly on her head with his other hand as they walked backstage to carry out their assignment.
 
They are immune to it all - the bright lights, the attention, the glitz and the glamour.  Years of training and shadowing has allowed them to see past idols and way more, especially even more so by being in the agency. Some of them had forsaken family, others have been through rough patches but they all had one mission in mind - to serve and dedicate their lives to making the industry a better one for all.

"No, you gotta get out of there!"

 
A piercing scream filled the room as Kani pressed his face to the glass screen to see closer.
 
"What do you think?"
 
"I actually think Dylan needs to do a lot of healing today.  Jya Min and Kichul are on top form today, while Yekyung is wearing people out through his defense mechanism."
 
Haehyun laughed as he saw his maknae's face, and ruffled her hair affectionately.
 
"There is a reason why you are not involved in this, you know."
 
Yasmin pouted and glared at him.  "That's because I'm the visual and everyone needs a soothing face to look at after all they've been through."  She proceeded to stick her tongue out at him, and then at her manager who guffawed loudly.
 
"And of course, you are almost at Dylan's level of healing - you can heal not only with your face as well." Kilum joined in with a laugh.
 
"Oppa!"
 
"Oh look, seems like they're done."
 
The door opened to show Kichul helping a weary Gongchan out, Jya Min following after as Yasmin went over.  She patted them on the back before taking a seat besides him.
 
"You okay oppa?" He nodded but he was still looking exhausted and drained as she gently let his back rest against the sofa bed, one hand on the back of his shoulder and another on his arm.  "Talk to me while I heal you okay?"

Dylan sighed and rubbed his eyes, studying the statistics of the challengers today and circling those who have dropped out and marking an X on those who performed below expectations.  He gave a groan as he realised who he had just passed.

 
The door opened and Haehyun peered in, smiling at him.  "Can I join you?"
 
"Sure."
 
Haehyun quickly walked in and took a seat opposite him.  "How's it going?"
 
"A number of dropouts and some that performed below expectations.  Noona will bring over the papers from her side in a few minutes so we can check and assess through."
 
"Good." Haehyun paused, wondering if he should ask.
 
Yekyung spoke up first.  "Maknae's brother outperformed our expectations.  And he even did well for the interview.  They have also taken notice of him as well."
 
Yasmin sighed as she opened the door, Jya Min and Kichul behind her.  "I guess this means I have to go talk to them, since unnie said he held out well and strong on her side too."
 
She glanced down at the paper in her hand, extracted from the sheets, and let the reality crashed in her head.
 
Lee Howon (Hoya), Infinite.