Part 1

Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Contains: Angst and ual References | Italics are flashbacks]

 

I sat on the floor, tears continuously flowing. Rian was beside me, crying also. She was patting my back but I know that she also needs comfort. He was her best friend anyway. He wasn't mine but my heart is much more broken. He was more than a friend to me. This shouldn't have happened if he didn't leave. and he left because of me. It was all my fault. I stared at the television, reporting about the plane crash where no one survived. No. He shouldn't die, not now, not ever while I'm still alive. No. This isn't happening. Maybe I'm just in a very bad bad nightmare but the ache in my heart kept reminding me that everything was real. That the accident happened. That he was gone forever.

 

The sound of sobbing across the room was broken by a constant ringing of Rian's phone. She sniffed and looked at the caller ID. Her eyes widened as she answered the call. After a moment, she stood up and went towards her room, locking it. It must be Chanyeol, the third of their trio.

 

As I was left alone, I recalled every memory I had with him.

 

I met him when Rian went back here at Seoul from Japan. Rian's my twin sister and we don't look alike. We also don't act alike. We're very different from each other. She was in love with music while I was with engineering. She had stayed at Japan for two and a half years because of promoting their trio band. I haven't actually met her fellow band members and it would be the first time today. As I was searching for Rian's brunette hair, I caught sight of a guy, a cute guy at that, staring blatantly at me.

 

He walked towards me as I just looked at him, confused. "Are you Yoo Nari?"

 

My eyes widened. Whoa! How'd he know? I nodded in response. "Yeah and you are...?"

 

"Byun Baekhyun." He smiled. At that moment, I felt my heart skip a beat but I ignored it. I just wish I didn't.

 

"Oh! Nariii!" I turned around to find Rian with a tall guy. Her appearance was very different now. And that explains why I can't find her. Her brunette hair has turned to a bunch of red strands. Her clothes were very stylish and her overall look just changed. She looked just like the idols you see on TV. While I... nevermind.

 

"Rian, you look great!" I said when she enveloped me into a bear hug.

 

She pulled away and smiled at me. "You too. You look so professional now." She winked. "By the way, I can see you have met Baekhyun. I told him to look for you because this giant and I went to look for some quick bite. We're so hungry. Oh! This is Chanyeol. And, guys, this is my twin sister, Nari! She's an engineer!"

 

The two guys 'awwed'. "You're pretty smart then!" The tall guy, Chanyeol, remarked.

 

"Pretty and smart," Baekhyun corrected as he winked at me. I felt my cheeks redden.

 

"Oh! You're flirting with my sister, ByunBaek!" Rian gagged as she dragged me by the arm towards the parking lot.

 

On the way home, I was constantly questioned by Rian. I answered everything smoothly, until one dreaded question came up.

 

"So, how are you and Sehun? I haven't heard anything about him," Rian asked as she looked at the window. I was the one driving while Nari sat beside me at the passenger seat. The guys were at the back, Baekhyun behind me and Chanyeol behind Rian.

 

"We... umm, broke up. Just a month ago," I felt my heart ache at the mention of it. Sehun was my four-year boyfriend and honestly, I haven't gotten over him yet. I couldn't.

 

"Why? What happened?" Shock was evident on her voice. Our relationship was pretty stable and everyone was expecting us to tie the knot next year but harsh fate overpowered everything.

 

"He cheated... with his colleague. We were drifting apart anyway. We expected a break up to come," I explained. We did but not this way. I thought that we would just try to be separated and get together after a while but a third party was not included on the plan.

 

"That's horrible. And to think that I really liked him for you. Don't worry, there are so many guys out there. You just have to look around." She grinned.

 

With that, I accidentally glanced at the rearview mirror and to my surprise, I met Baekhyun's eyes staring at me. I was the first one to look away, well, since I'm driving. The ride home was then silent the entire time.

 

 

Three weeks later, I found myself preparing food  for Rian's homecoming party. We had some maids but Rian likes it when I do the meals. The party would just be a small one, just her bandmates, me, her, and some of our close friends. She never liked the grand party our parents throw for us but I liked them. I liked the formal feeling, the way everyone is on their best behavior while Rian liked the casual type, where you can be yourself in front of your friends. I sent the maids out after cleaning the house, giving them free time until tonight, so, I was left alone. I was chopping vegetables when I heard the doorbell ring. The soft buzzer went off, indicating that someone entered the house. Must be Rian. "I'm at the kitchen!" I yelled.

 

I heard footsteps coming closer and I looked up to see... "Baekhyun?"

 

He smiled at me with his boyish smile. The guards must've known him now since they just let him in. He was always visting the house anyway this past weeks, with Chanyeol of course. "I thought Chanyeol was here already. Am I the first one to arrive?"

 

"Yeah. You're quite early. Even Rian wasn't finish with her shopping yet." He went closer to me and looked at what I was doing. I put all the vegetables on a big bowl before tossing them together.

 

As I was covering it with plastic film

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter