Chapter 1

Enchanted

"I almost though you wouldn't come." His voice was cold and deep. It sent shivers down my spine and I could feel my hands tremble a bit. How did he know my name? 

He stepped closer to me and I caught something glitter in his hand. "Looking for this?" He asked me, holding a necklace in front of my face. My necklace. 

I blinked at him a few times and  then reached out for the necklace but before I could take it, he wrapped his fist tightly on the thin metallic chain. He was acting absurd. I didn't know him. I'd never even heard of him before, yet he knew my name. 
 

After great difficulty I managed to utter a few words to him. "That necklace....give it to me." 

He smirk grew wider. It was bone-chilling. I could feel my heart in my throat. "Oh I will, Kim Eunji."  

"H-how do you-" I began to say, but he cut me off before i could continue. "How do I know your name? Well, that's a secret." He gave me a crooked smile and then placed the necklace in my numb hand. 
 

"I should go now." He walked past me in a blur. I was petrified. This guy, whom I'd never seen before, knew my name and somehow managed to get hold of the necklace I'd lost earlier during the day. It had a star-shaped pendant on. I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world because it belonged to my late mother. I was searching for it desperately when one of my classmate told me that she had seen a boy wearing a black T-shirt, denim jeans and white converse holding a similar necklace. So, I waited at the front gates of the school.

I waited till all the people were out, but he was nowhere to be seen. Then I decided to look for him in the school building. I don't know what made me decide that, but I just did. 
 

Was he a stalker? I didn't know that. I was guessing that he saw the necklace falling from my neck but if he did then why didn't he give it back earlier? 

I turned around to look at him walk away, leaving me alone in the cold dark.

He carried along as though nothing had happened. Suddenly, he stopped. "In case you're wondering, My name is Sehun..." He glanced at me with a conceited smile. "Also known as, Your worst nightmare."
 

He knew what was going on.He knew everything. 

"Sehun...wait!" I called after him but as soon as I said that, he disappeared right before my eyes. 

 
 

~~~ 

 
 

When I woke up the next day, I was sweating a lot. That Sehun...he even came in my dreams.  I almost couldn't believe that what happened yesterday was true. I hopped off the bed and wiped my sweaty face with a towel. It was mid October, yet I was feeling so hot. Suddenly, my elder sister popped in front of my face, making me flinch.  
 

"Who is Sehun?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me creepily. I rolled my eyes at her, "Really Eunsang Unnie ? What are you doing in my room?" I counter-asked her. "Excuse me but I'm the elder ove here so I can do what I want!...Who is Sehun?" She grinned. 

"Oh he's just-" I looked at her in disbelief,"Wait a minute. How do you know about him?!"  

She smiled at me wryly and said," You were calling out his name last night. I woke up because you were sleep-talking so loudly!" She went and fell on my bed. I sighed, "Great."  
 

"So, aren't you going to tell me who he is?" Eunsang nagged me in her annoying voice. I pushed her and said, "No one.". "Just tell me already, Eunji! I'm your dear sister, right?" She told me but I refused to listen. "I'll tell you later, in school." I said and then went to get ready for school. Even though Eunsang was two years older than me, she acted like a little kid at times. I didn't want to hide yesterday's incident from her but I thought maybe she would find it too bizzare or made-up. 
 

After a while, "Girls, come down for breakfast!" My dad yelled to us from downstairs. My dad was a really nice person who sang old songs, made delicious pancakes and gave hugs for free. 

I quickly wore my tie and rushed down the stairs, almost tripping at the end.  
 

"Eunji, be careful!" He said as I hurried into the kitchen. I grabbed a slice of toasted bread from the counter. "Dad I'm late!! I don't have time to be careful!!" I stuffed the bread into my mouth. "That's why I tell you to get up early, but who listen to the old guy?" He fake sighed and poured me a glass of orange juice. "You know I love you." I said, giving him a quick hug.  "I know you do." He kissed my head." Where's Eunsang?" He asked me. I gulped down the orange juice as fast as I could. "I don't know." 
 

I heard the school bus honk outside our gate. "Gotta go now, Bye Dad!" I grabbed my bag and dashed out of the house. The bus was out there waiting for me and my sister. I climbed into it and greeted the driver.  

"And Eunsang?" He asked me. I bit my lip, "She's coming in a bit." 
 

Well, no one was bothered because everyone knew that the Kim sisters were always late. I hung my head low and sat down in an empty seat next to the window. Few moments later, Eunsang stumbled into the bus. She walked past me to the last seat where all the seniors sat. 
 

Even though Eunsang was a lot more childish than me, she was really popular in school because she was easy to approach and really friendly. It wasn't surprising that her friend circle consisted of more than half of the school... no, I'm just exaggerating but you get the idea, right? Whereas I was happy to have two amazing girls as my true friends. Namely, Mihyun and Danbi. I didn't want to be insanely popular like Eunsang but maybe I wanted more people to befriend me. 

 
 

~~~ 

 
 

We reached school late as usual. I waited till my sister and her friends got off and then climbed out of the bus. At first I hesitated to walk into school after what happened yesterday but then I just pushed the thoughts away and carried on. As soon as I entered, familiar faces greeted me. Mihyun and Danbi with wide smiles on their faces. Now, Mihyun was a part of our school's cheerleading squad. She had long dair hair and a sharp face. Danbi was the lead vocalist of the school band. She had short, light brown hair which she always tied into pigtails. My friends were more popular than me. Why? because I was the President of the Library club! Which was totally not cool.  
 

"Eunji! I was really worried about you yesterday. Did you find your necklace?" Danbi asked me with concern in her eyes. I smiled at her, "Yeah, I found it." The silver chain was now dangling on my neck. "Did you find that guy who picked it up?" Mihyun asked me curiously.  

"Uhh yeah. It was a guy from the nearby school." I didn't want to lie to them but some things were best left untold. Mihyun looked at me suspiciously for a moment. 
 

"Anyway, have you heard the gossip going around?" Danbi asked me. "Apparently there's a new guy joining today." Danbi had a twinkle in her eye. Oh, I forgot to mention, Danbi was obsessed over boys. "Great news.But how come in the middle of the year?" I asked her, disinterested.She just shrugged. Before anyone could say anything else the bell rang. So to end the conversation I said, "I have some work in the library, I'll catch you both later."  
 

I casually walked into the empty library and placed my bag on a table. I closed the door and went to search for a book on one of the aisles. No one really liked using the library in our school because most of the books were really old and we had no computers. The reason why I liked coming to the library was because it was quiet and no one could disturb me.  
 

 I stopped in front of an aisle and raised my arm to take out a book when I felt someone's breath on my nape. I jolted around and almost screamed when I saw the person standing in front of me. He cupped my mouth and pinned me to the stacks were books were kept. I looked at him with wide eyes. I'd really hoped that I would never see him again but I was wrong. Sehun. 
 

"Surprised?" He said, with that same evil smirk. I just stared at him in astonishment. His hand over my mouth was freakishly cold. I probably could've bitten him but I restrained the urge. More than that, he was way too close to me. I was afraid he might...You know... 

"Let's make this quick." He told me, pressing his forehead against mine. "Did you notice anything strange today?" 

I shook my head. "Remove your hand" My voice was muffled. "No. I know you'll scream if I do." He told me. Okay, at least he was smart. 

"I won't!" I told him. "Please remove your hand!!". He looked at me in the eyes and said, "I don't trust you." "Please, Sehun." 
 

He narrowed his eyes and slowly removed his hand from my mouth. I grinned. "I won't scream but I'm not spending another second with you." saying that, I stamped his foot really hard. He winced and bit his lip. I chose that moment to make my escape. I ran at full speed and grabbed my bag from the table. I was about to open the door, my hand almost touched the doorknob, but I couldn't because Sehun grabbed me by my collar. He pulled me around and slammed me against the door. Pain shot through my entire body. I had to squeeze my eyes shut because it hurt so much. I couldn't even breathe for a few seconds until the pain subsided. 
 

Finally, I took a deep breath in  and opened my eyes. Sehun had his hands on either side of me. There was no way I could escape.  

"I knew it. I knew you would do something like this." He said angrily. Now that I was actually observing him, he was wearing our school uniform. Maybe he was the new guy Danbi was talking about. But the thing that puzzled me more was that he was still on the aisle when I reached the door. How could he even catch me so fast? And the way he pushed me... 
 

"Let me go." I said, looking down.  "Why should I?" He asked me "I need to talk to you." 

"But I don't want to talk to you!!" I scowled. "I don't even know you." 

Pain flashed in his eyes for a moment, "Ugh. Your dumbness irritates me." 

"Yes. I'm dumb. How would I know what's going on unless you tell me? I yelled. 
 

Suddenly, he moved his face closer to mine . His eyes were cold and serious. "You'll find out soon enough." His words felt like ice. 

Then the school bell rang. I was so dumb-struck that I couldn't even think right.  

"I'll talk to you later." He removed his hands from my sides  and walked deeper into the library. "Wait! Where are you-" I was planning on following him but someone pushed open the library door which made me fall flat on my face. 
 

"Ow..." I rubbed my forehead and propped myself up. Mihyun gasped from behind me "Oh . Eunji, You okay?" She helped me get up from the floor. "I was," I said. "Until you came and made me fall." I pouted. My back was already paining and now my head too. 

"Why didn't you come for class?" Danbi popped her head from outside. I bit my lip, "I had...work." Mihyun rolled her eyes and said, "Okay now let's go for the next class!" Then she dragged me out of the library. 

"By the  way, Haru told me that the new boy is in your class! wah You're so lucky!" Danbi said with a pout. Mihyun and I were in the same class whereas Danbi was in a different one. 

"Well, I sure do hope we can meet him!" Mihyun told Danbi and then we walked off to our respective classrooms. 

 
 

~~~ 



 Even when we reached our classroom I couldn't get my mind off Sehun. What was he even doing in the library? I was stuck in my own world until our Teacher came inside. Behind him came a boy. He was tall, had black hair and deep blue eyes. A shade so dark that it could almost be mistaken for black. How did I know that?  

Well, because it was Sehun.







                                                                                                                                                                                                    A/N: First chapter is up! :D 
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Subscribe & Comment ^^
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Xoxo