Better with you (THE END)

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Better with you (THE END)

 

It was 3 am in the morning and Hyomin was busy preparing food for her girlfriend because Jiyeon had to leave Seoul and head to suburb for filming a reality show in early morning, afraid that Jiyeon might be hungry during the day, she made some sandwiches, salad and some fruit for her. Packing up all food into a box, Hyomin glanced at the time, it was 3.40 am, she quickly ran to her walk-in-closet to select simple yet elegant outfit for Jiyeon, after that she went to wake Jiyeon up.

“ Jiyeon ah, wake up please” Hyomin slight shook Jiyeon’s hand, it wasn’t hard to wake Jiyeon up as she wasn’t a kind of sleepyhead, Jiyeon groggily opened her eyes.

“Go wash up for a quick shower honey, it’s 4.00 am now” Hyomin told her girlfriend, Jiyeon quickly sat up hearing the time.

“ Hyomin ah, why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” Jiyeon jumped from the bed.

“Don’t worry, you have enough time, didn’t you tell me your manager would pick you up at 5.00 am?” Hyomin didn’t understand why Jiyeon was so hurried, she knew Jiyeon would take less than 10 minutes in bathroom and only 10 minutes for dressing and make-up.

“Because I want to spend more time with you my love” Jiyeon said and quickly ran to bathroom, Hyomin found her girlfriend’s action very cute.

As Hyomin assumed Jiyeon spent less than 10 minutes in the bathroom then a bathroom door was flung opened

“ Jiyeon ah, take it easy, I’ve prepared clothes for you here” Hyomin told her girlfriend, when she was about to run out of the door.

“Thank you honey” Jiyeon beamed, turning around to grab clothes that were placed nicely on end bed couch. After getting dressed and got her make-up done, Jiyeon motioned her girlfriend who was checking on her through a mirror to come and sit on her lap. As soon as Hyomin sat down, Jiyeon wrapped her arms around the older girl waist, they stayed silent for precious 10 minutes saying nothing until Hyomin broke a silence.

“What did you say to your manager oppa? Hyomin asked

 “I told him that our T-ara members and I had a reunion party in your apartment, and I had a sleepover here so I asked him to pick me up at your place instead of my apartment”  Jiyeon explained.

“Do you think he is trust-worthy? Hyomin asked

“Not really sure honey, it’s better not to let him know” Jiyeon wasn’t sure if he should know about them.

“I see” Hyomin responded shortly then getting up from Jiyeon’s lap “ Ok, get ready my girl” Hyomin extended her hand for Jiyeon.

“I really hate to leave” Jiyeon pouted

“Don’t do like this, I want to see your smile” Hyomin encouraged, Jiyeon gave a toothy smile

“Not like that, but like this” Hyomin showed her a warm smile, and Jiyeon smiled along.

“That’s it” Hyomin said satisfied. They walked out of their bedroom, leading to living room, Hyomin let go of Jiyeon’s hand and walked to kitchen to grab food box for Jiyeon.

“You made this?” Jiyeon asked

“Yes, I woke up at 3 am to prepare this for you, so you’d better eat all ” Hyomin told her girlfriend,  Jiyeon couldn’t really thank her girlfriend enough for what she did for her, every caring gestures her girlfriend showed meant more than “Ten thousand I-love-you words”, she loved every bit of this girl.

“Thank you honey, I’ll eat them well” Jiyeon said receiving a box from Hyomin, “You should eat more either, you are getting thinner, I worry about you, you know” Jiyeon said caringly, touching Hyomin’s face.

“Okay, I’ will” Hyomin ensured with a smile.

“I’ll see you soon” Jiyeon said then leaned forward for a kiss which Hyomin responded, but Hyomin quickly parted the kiss before it turned to a passionate one, and Jiyeon wasn’t very pleased about this.

“You’ll be late, let’s get going now” Hyomin pushed her girlfriend back to the door, “ I love you” Jiyeon quickly said before exiting the door, “ I love you more” Hyomin replied.

 

It was a long ride from Seoul to a countryside location that they had to film a reality show, Jiyeon took a nap as soon as she got on the van, she put food box on her lap hugging it all the way to there, she woke up and smiled like a crazy thinking of the person who cooked this food.

In reality program concept, Jiyeon and few other idols tuned actresses guests which were Yoona ( SNSD), Krystal ( FX ) and Uee ( Afterschool) were told to remove their stunning actress image to normal rural women and survived through the program. It reminded Jiyeon of their sub-unit album “Countryside life or Jeon won Diary”, although they kept promoting amidst controversy and hectic schedule, Jiyeon never felt like giving up because she was fighting alongside with her group mates and a most precious person in her life.

“Jiyeon, how is Hyomin unnie? Yoona’s question brought her back to present; they were on a break after filming.

 “She is doing well, busy with her work at her own company and stuff” Jiyeon told Yoona. They were two girl groups that members were close to each other, friend introducing was made through each mutual friend. Hyomin was friend to Sunny and Yuri, and introduced Jiyeon to them, while Sunny introduced Tiffany to Hyomin, at the same time Soyeon was close to Seohyun and Jessica since her pre-debut and Yoona and Eunjung went to the same university and knew each other, they became friends in entertainment industry.

 

During lunch time, Jiyeon shared her food with Yoona because there was more than enough for one person to eat.

“This is delicious” Yoona acclaimed, Jiyeon smiled happily, “Did you make it yourself?” Yoona asked.

“Not really, Hyomin unnie prepared it for me this morning” Jiyeon accidentally revealed, she was too proud of her girlfriend and got carried away.

“Hyomin unnie?” Yoona asked making sure she heard it right , at that moment Jiyeon realized she made a mistake, her heart was beating fast, her brain was working hard to come with the answer, she inwardly smacked herself hard.

“She is a good cook” Yoona sensed a discomfort in Jiyeon’s expression so she decided to save her from this, Jiyeon looked at Yoona with a confused expression.

“Yoona…er ” Jiyeon didn’t know what she should say.

“Don’t worry Jiyeon, this will be buried with me” Yoona said, and it made Jiyeon speechless, Yoona was not only beautiful but tactful, she could read people’s mind, and Jiyeon knew what she meant by saying that, she felt she could trust this girl somehow her worry wasn’t eliminated.

 “Thanks Yoona” Jiyeon finally said and gave her a grateful smile, on the other hand she didn’t know Yoona well enough to know what kind of person she was.

“To be fair to you, and if only it makes you feel better” Yoona looked at Jiyeon “My two unnies in my group used to be in relationship too” Yoona revealed smiling, but Jiyeon widened her eyes upon hearing this.

 “They loved each other so much that we had supported them and wished them a blessing” Yoona recalled the story of her group mate’s love story and Jiyeon was listening attentively.

“Anyway, as time went by and with all pressure they received, they broke up, however in good term and stayed friends, but it was a shame, because I wanted them to be happy together” Yoona added bitterly, she looked at Jiyeon who was trying to digest what she heard with slightly hung opened.

“I admire yours Jiyeon, I know it’s not easy to keep your relationship alive this far, but you made it” Yoona put her hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder, “Love is beautiful so be brave to fight for your love” Yoona encouraged her, Jiyeon felt so relieved yet encouraged, she didn’t know how to thank this girl, she was truly beautiful inside out, Jiyeon leaned in and hugged her.

“Thank you indeed Yoona” Jiyeon smiled

“You’re welcome” Yoona gave her a friendly smile.

 

The two actresses went back to their filming after lunch, they had a lot of fun throughout the program until the revealing of hidden surprised guests that built up a very awkward moment for Jiyeon because her surprised guest turned out to be Seungho and MCs tried to spice up the program by adding love line for them. As professional they were, Jiyeon played along. Since the filming would take 2 days, all celebrities had to sleep over at rural houses that provided by producer, and Jiyeon was so glad that she was paired up with Yoona, at the end of the day after filming, all guests were given free time off camera and all of them seemed to be immersed with their phones, Jiyeon sneaked to a van to make a phone call.

 

“How are you my love? Jiyeon sweetly asked her girlfriend

“I’m good, just arrived home” Hyomin smiled through the phone, “How was your day?” Hyomin asked

“I had fun filming the program, Yoona is here too” Jiyeon delightedly told her, “She asked how you were” Jiyeon added

“Oh, she did, please tell her to send my regard to Sunny” Hyomin said

“I will, Ok that’s enough for other people” Jiyeon changed the topic, she didn’t want to mention that Seungho was also in the program.

“Did you eat well?” Jiyeon asked worriedly

“Yes, I just had a dinner date with Jiwon unnie” Hyomin told her girlfriend with a cheerful tone.

“Are you cheating on me?” Jiyeon pretended to be jealous.

“Never ever” Hyomin confirmed, and it brought smile to Jiyeon’s face.

“Ok, I gotta go back now, just want to call to say I miss you” Jiyeon told

“I miss you too, take care my love” Hyomin said before the screen went black.

 

****************************

 

 “I will vote for Jiyeon ssi, her sporty charm which is contrasted with her beautiful innocent face make them fit our new collection” A staff said

“I agree on that, beside she’s doubling her popularity for her current drama, it will make a new collection more recognizable” Another staff agreed

“Certainly it will not only benefit the product image but sales target as well” The third staff supported     

“Hyomin ssi, do you think it possible for you to have Jiyeon ssi to sign a contract as our product advertising model? A staff from advertising section asked and all head turned to Hyomin who sat as a chairperson for a meeting to brainstorm the team’s ideas for new product launching.

It might seem she calmly listened but actually she inwardly sighed, she didn’t like the ideas of dragging or involving her girlfriend in beneficial purpose especially her brand, she has been avoiding it, but this time it seemed the whole team agreed on the same ideas without any dispute which it didn’t always happen, and she as a CEO couldn’t just allow her personal matter to discourage it.

“I’ll take this into consideration and see what I can do about this” Hyomin spoke, and her answer satisfied all staff.

“ But I don’t promise anything” Hyomin added but still her staff was all smiling, they believed it wasn’t hard for their boss to have a successful negotiation with Jiyeon, her friend and her former group mate to sign a contact with them.

 

After meeting was dismissed Hyomin went to her office to sign some documents and wrap up some work. When she got all job done, Hyomin collected her stuff to head home .As she was getting up from her seat and taking her bag, she accidentally hit a photo frame on her desk with her bag, and it dropped on the floor, glass broken into pieces. Hyomin bent down to pick up the photo, it was T-ara group photo with Jiyeon and Hyomin holding each other hand at the left end.

“Ouch!” Hyomin cried in pain when a piece of shattered glass cut her finger, she quickly held her bleeding finger, “Such a clumsy” Hyomin scolded herself, she placed photo on her desk before rummaging for a plaster pad in her drawer. Finished with her small cut, Hyomin sat back on her seat, for a moment she thought about life, her dream, and people she loved. 

 

Hyomin was driving back to her apartment with a lot of things were going on in her mind, she felt so disturbed today , she tried to focus on the road and  concentrated in driving, all of sudden a car in front of her stopped abruptly with a loud crashing sound, Hyomin widened her eyes in panic, she abruptly stepped on the brake, but she couldn’t stop the car, it unavoidably collided with a front car then another clashing sound was followed, Hyomin could feel her car was hit from behind and was thrown forward, her head hit on steering wheel hard, she felt thick wetness on her forehead , her head was getting dizzy before everything went black.

 

****************************

 

Jiyeon stared blankly at her phone, she was on a break from filming and decided to call Hyomin to let her know that she was almost done with her filming, and she might go to see her tonight but Hyomin didn’t answer the phone, she typed few messages on a chatting apps but they weren’t read, “She may be busy” Jiyeon thought, she put her phone into her bag and walked back to the set but they didn’t resume filming yet, Jiyeon sat down next to a staff member who was checking news online her mobile phone.

“A breaking news, just 20 minutes ago, a massive car accident occurred on highway in Seoul, 10 cars pile-up due to a drunk driver hurled into a public bus, it killed 1 driver and left 7 badly injured , involved in this accident, a former girl group member and a founder of well-known fashion band, Park Hyomin was reported injured  and  was rushed to hospital , her car was stuck in the middle between those 10 vehicles……”  

Jiyeon felt like air was taken from her lung, it was difficult to breathe, like a soul was snatched away, her ear was deafened by the news she clearly heard, Hyomin name was ringing on her mind like bell.

“Jiyeon ssi, isn’t that Hyomin ssi, your fellow member? A staff member was clearly shocked as well, “ Jiyeon ssi” He called her again , Jiyeon didn’t answer him but abruptly got up on her feet and ran to the van.

 

“Oppa, I need to go back Seoul now” Jiyeon insanely said, she hastily searched for a phone in her bag.

 “Jiyeon, what’s going on?” Her manager was confused by her sudden action as he looked at her dialing her phone with a worried look

“I need to back Seoul now” She screamed and it overwhelmingly startled her man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter