So Close To Being In Love

Four-Leafed Clover

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!"

It was a common knowledge that APink girls were usually loud with odd behaviours so when it comes to celebrating, what other ways to have fun besides screaming and squealing even louder?

They've been waiting until the clock strucked 12 to celebrate their most quite member birthday; no surprises, no secrets. What's the point anyway? They lived together for years and Son Naeun knew that there's just no way her members would leave her alone on her birthday. They knew each other too well to do so, especially not this year when she was officially becoming a legal adult.

Chorong unnie had prepared a feast—and when she said a feast, it was consisted of a full-course meal including her favourite gogi, seaweed soup, seafood, cakes, cookies, and many more—you wouldn't believe she managed to cook them all in a day. Of course, Eunji unnie and Bomi unnie had helped, while Namjoo and Hayoung busy preparing presents and decorating their dorm. It's not much of a party actually, but by the noises they've made, people would probably thought there were a hundred people there instead of six.

She was so thankful she had them as her members.

She really couldn't ask for anyone better.

Her family and her manager was also there for a while to celebrate. She had promised a family dinner the next day so she could stay in the dorm with her members and have some fun. They took a lot of selca before they finally dig in to the foods their leader had prepared for them.

Overall, it was a fun night.

But she couldn't stop herself from glancing at her cellphone, wishing for that particular someone would call her or simply texted her a happy birthday message.

Stupid, Son Naeun, she scolded herself.

Ever since her stunt at the end of WGM, she had never had a single contact from him.

It's been two months, and he didn't make any move on her.

Even when they met in various occasions after their last filming, even when he said that he would try his best to not ignore her, he'd still didn't make any effort to even say 'hi' to her.

She told herself that probably he was 'that' busy, or too self-conscious with the cameras, but day by day, event after event, the more she realized that it did seem like that he didn't give a about her. Then it hit her.

The message was clear: he didn't want her.

She couldn't blame him, though. Her actions were too spontaneous he must have been really shocked, not to mention that she didn't give him anytime to recover, let alone to react. Such a corward, running away after putting up a stunt like that. But somehow, she couldn't find herself regretting it, too. She finally followed her heart and took a chance, her last chance, to kiss him and confessed her true feelings. At least now she could say that she had had her first real kiss, with someone who she truly loved.

Although the feeling wasn't mutual.

She could only hope that he's not mad at her for stealing a kiss from him.

At first, it was hard for her to know that she'd been rejected. She even had ruined her chance to be 'just friend' with him. Slowly but sure, she thought it was probably for the best. It might hurt her even more if he reacted as if she did nothing; besides, she wouldn't be able to pretend she didn't have any feelings for him anyway. So she told herself that everyday, everynight, until she was convinced that it was better this way.

"Yah, Naeun-ah!" She was a bit surprised when Eunji unnie suddenly shoved her shoulder. And with a knowing smile, the older one immediately, "Yah... are you thinking about him again?"

"Ani--"

She tried to deny but who she was kidding anyway? Her sisters could never be fooled.

"Aiisshh..." Bomi unnie then joined in, "I told you, just call him if you miss him that much..."

"And risk myself a rejection once again? No, thanks, unnie. I am so done with being rejected. Especially not on my birthday."

The girls were laughing seeing Naeun's response.

Chorong unnie looked so proud that she asked them to toss their beers, "That's my girl!! Aigoo... uri Naeunnie is a grown up now, CHEERS!"

"CHEEEEERRRRSSSSS!!!!"

"We don't need boys if they don't want us!!!"

"Yeaahhhhhhhh!"

They're laughing and making silly dances as they get drunk together. Throwing profanities at those who had broke their hearts, screaming at the top of their lungs for those haters who know nothing about them, jumping and running around like no one cares. This is who they are. They've been through so much to get here and Naeun was grateful that these were the people who were always there for her, encouraging her, cheering her up everytime she fell. She wished that they would stay that way for many years to come, she hoped they wouldn't lose another member like last year, because let's admit it, 2013 was a hard year for APink, especially for Naeun. She hoped this year would bring a lot of happiness and they would grow stronger and stronger as a group.

That was her wishes for her birthday.

No, she didn't wish for another lover. No. She couldn't handle another broken heart at the moment.

It was time to move on and enjoy her carreer, like what she was supposed to do.

There's no time to weep and fell in love.

So when the bell door ringed at 2 am in the morning, everyone stopped and glanced at each other.

Who was it?

They were all sure they didn't invite anyone to their private party.

"Could it be the neighbors?" Namjoo said.

"Hayoung-ah... you're the only one who didn't drink. Could you check who is it?" Chorong unnie ordered their youngest member.

Hayoung could only pouted and do as she was told since the others, except Naeun, were all sprawled out all over the room lifelessly. She peeked at the intercom to see who was it, and a gasped immediately heard throughout the living room.

Everyone then struggled to sit up as they saw Hayoung running back to the living room in panic.

"Unnie!!!! Palli, palli, wake up!!!! We need to clean these up!"

Hayoung was running around to pick up empty beer bottles and threw them to the trash bin, only to came back to pick up dirty dishes to the sink.

"Seriously, unnie, palliiiii! Help me!!"

"Aisshh... who is it, Hayoung-ah? Why do we need to clean up?" Bomi whined, she was the one who looked the worst among the others.

Hayoung ran to help her getting up and straigthened out her hair, "You will thanked me later for this. I swear, you'll regret it if you don't."

Annoyed, a slightly tipsy Naeun got up from her seat to open the door without anyone noticing. Seriously, whoever it was who dare to ruin her 21st birthday party would get—

 

Bam!!

 

She slammed the door shut as soon as she saw who was it behind the door.

It can't be.

No. No no no no no no no. It can't be.

The girls then cautiously approached Naeun who looked like she had seen a ghost. Only one person in this world who could make her react like that, and that person shouldn't even be in the country right now.

 

"Naeun-ah..."

 

A man's voice heard from outside the door followed with a few banging.

 

"Naeun-ah... please... open the door. We need to talk..."[1]

 

Silence.

...

...

...

 

Holy . He's really here!!!

"Ottokhaji?" Hayoung whispered, glancing around nervously for her unnies to do something, "We can't just ignore sunbaenim outside, but—" everyone were more worried for Naeun.

Could she handle this?

But it was her birthday! She should be having fun, not having the 'talk'...

Geez... why did he have to come today?!

Eunji, who had magically sobered up in a matter of seconds, took Naeun's face in between her hands, "Naeun-ah, look at me. Do you want to talk to him?"

The quite girl couldn't even utter a word to answer her. Her expression was a complete confusion, it seemed like she didn't want to, but she knew that she needed the talk. She missed him calling her name, but hearing him doing so just outside the door, had opened the old wound that she was still trying to heal. It hurted.

 

"Naeun-ah...please..."

 

Everytime he called her name, it's like a stab in her heart. The wound getting deeper and deeper, and she was bleeding her heart out.

How could you? How could you, oppa?

 

"I need to talk to you, Naeun-ah. Just... give me a chance..."

 

"Should I tell him to go home?" Bomi asked her.

Chorong added, "You don't have to talk to him if you don't want to, Naeun-ah..."

 

"Naeun-ah—"

 

"Naeun..."

 

"Just— Please..."

 

And she couldn't take it anymore.

"Ottokhae, unnie...?" She sobbed into Eunji's arm, while the others joined the two in a group hug to support her. It hurted them too to see her like this. As much as Lee Taemin could make her laugh, he was also the reason why she was crying a lot these days. She would put up a strong face most of the times, trying to hide it even from her members, and only cry when she couldn't contain it anymore. The frequency had lessen, but everyone knew that she hadn't forgotten him yet.

 

"Naeun..."

 

His voice had become distant overtime, and the banging on the door had gone. The girls thought that he probably had given up when Namjoo peeked the intercom to find him resting his head on the door, looking so devastated. She told the others about this then asked Naeun, "Unnie, are you sure you don't want to meet him? Don't you think you'll regret it if you don't?" Namjoo didn't waver although the older members sent her some death glares. "Well, at least just hear what he had to say. You don't have to talk, just listen to him."

They were waiting for her decision in another deafening silence. Naeun's mind was a mess; but her heart said she should at least try and get some kind of closure. Deep inside she knew she needed it in order to move on.

With a deep breath, she finally decided, "I... I think, I'll try..."

Everyone asked her if she was sure, but she had made up her mind.

Be strong, Son Naeun.

She opened the door herself, revealing a very dejected Lee Taemin that she had never seen before. He looked... even more of a mess than those in the airport pictures. Yes, she's keeping a tab at him, like a silent lurker, watching him from afar just to see how he was doing. Her heart twinged a bit. As much as he had broke her heart, it made her even more sad to see him like this.

You should be happy. You should looked happier than me.

Why are you being like this, oppa?

She could see his eyes glazed over as he looked up, disbelief evident in his eyes but as he saw her, the flying cheekbones smile that she adored so much creeping up slowly on his beautiful, beautiful face.

"Thank God—"

He moved so fast to reach over her and before she knew it, she was already in his arms.

"I miss you so much, Naeun-ah..."

She was frozen as he tightened his hold on her, one arm wrapped around her waist and the other encircled her head in a very comforting—too comforting—way.

He kissed the side of her head and breathe in on her hair, as if he wanted to etch her smell on his brain forever. His hands rubbing her in all the right places, as if he wanted to memorize every curve of her body.

As if he didn't want to let her go.

Damn her weak heart.

God, why can't I be in his arms like this forever?

She could die happy now.

She forgot that she had audience in the room, so when someone—most likely Chorong unnie—cleared and make Taemin released her due to embarrassment, Naeun almost swore under her breath.

That was a piece of heaven that she had missed so much.

"So," Chorong unnie started to interrogate him with a glare, "What do you want to talk about, Taemin-sshi?"

Naeun abruptly looked at her leader with pleaded eyes, "Unnie, let me talk with him alone in my room."

When everyone started to protest, Naeun stopped them all with a whisper, "Please."

So she told him to follow her to the room, the room that she shared with Hayoung, the room that once held a memory of them during their fake marriage. The room hadn't changed at all. It was still so girly and a bit messy. And the first thing he spotted on the bed was of course, the teddy bear. He smiled.

"Ah I almost forgot," he exclaimed as he retrieved the paper bag that he had brought all along, "Happy birthday and happy coming of age day," he gave her a bouquet of flowers first then took out a wrapped box from the bag along with a card, "And uh... happy 300th day anniversary..." he said sheepishly.

Ah, so he did remember.

"Wuah!"

"Sssttt! Oh Hayoung!"

Naeun rolled her eyes and went to lock the door before her members ruined everything. She needed some privacy; and it was nearly impossible with her meddling sisters around.

"We'll be right here if you need anything!" Eunji said right before the door closed.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Bomi added. Naeun could only imagined how Chorong unnie would scolded her for saying that.

The atmosphere in the room was undeniably awkward once the members was out of their sight. It was like their first meeting, but without the staff who helped them, the tension was even more palpable. This time, they were all on their own. No audiences nor producers to please for, and no fans to be afraid of.

Real life situations had just begin.

***

They sat side by side on her bed just like last time, the distance that she put between them wasn't left unnoticed by Taemin. She was so close, yet felt so far. He ceased the direct approach that he usually did in front of the camera since he didn't want to scare her off. Let's face it, it was easier for him to get closer to her when the camera was on because that's what people would love to see, and she wouldn't have a way to escape from him. But now, he knew one wrong move would make her slip away from him forever.

Naeun eyed him from the corner of her eye as Taemin looking around her room, anxious of what he might do or say.

Out of a sudden he reached over her she almost jumped.

"Ah, so you kept this?" He grabbed the teddy bear from behind her then scooted closer to her smoothly, "Did it still work?"

He pressed one of its hand and waited, but nothing came out. He pressed again several times and still, nothing came out. He tried on the other hand and frowned, "Is it broken?"

No. It ran out of battery and I didn't know how to change it.

And yes, she did overused it especially for the first month after she last saw him, when her expectations were still up high, hugging it tightly before sleep, hoping that his voice would lulled her to sleep so they would meet in her dreams. Yes, she missed him that much.

She obviously didn't voice these things out, and seeing that, Taemin felt even more disappointed. After all the time and effort he had done, they had to go back to zero again. He took a deep breath.

"Are you mad at me?"

His fingers were nervously fiddling with the bear while his eyes searching for her face. He was trying to find some answers from her, because he knew, in this current situation, he couldn't believe her words completely.

As expected, she was avoiding his gaze as she answered him hesitantly.

"Ung... I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

Pestering her was his best way to get her to speak.

"I mean..." she looked down before she finally lifted her eyes to meet his. Her fingers played with her own ears, and with a shaky voice she replied, "You stood me up for 2 months, oppa..."

Taemin bit his lip.

He knew it.

"It wasn't like that, Naeun-ah..."

And eventhough she saw the regret in his eyes, she didn't want to believe him.

"Then what am I supposed to think, oppa?" She choked. "You ignored me when you said you wouldn't. You didn't even texted me when you said that you'd keep in contact with me. I— I was a bit upset at first, but then, I kinda accepted it. I mean, it's not like we have something, oppa. You can't get mad for losing something you'd never have."

"Is that what you're thinking? That we were nothing?"

"Hm," she nodded. Defeated. "I'm sorry, I should've not seeing between the lines. But these past 2 months had got me to open my eyes. Now I can see clearly, that you don't see me that way and it was all just for a show."

Another defeaning silence filled the room as Taemin kept looking at her with that intense gaze. She couldn't stand it. She looked at everything else but him. She didn't want to fall for it again, and she patted herself in her mind for successfully keeping her tears at bay.

"Is that mean... that you didn't mean it when you kissed me? When you said that you loved me?"

Now that had angered her.

"What? No!! Of course I meant it!" She couldn't believe that he was asking about her sincerity! It was her who should've asked him about that. "How could you, oppa?! Do you know how much courage that I had to muster up to finally confessed my real feelings to you? I didn't even think about it and just did it before I chickened out because I knew that was my last chance. I knew that you would ignore me after that, and you know what? I was glad that I actually did it because I was right! You did ignore me after that. And don't even try to question my motives because there's nothing else in my mind beside that I really really really lo—"

And then he kissed her.

She didn't know when did he moved or how he could get so close without her noticing, it just kinda... happened. And the kiss wasn't a quick one like she did before, because when she was freezing out of shock, his lips had been relentless on trying to get a response from her. His hands were also working his way out from her cheek down to her neck, and the way he rubbed his thumb on her oversensitisized skin...

She was burning. Painfully. Slowly.

Just when she finally registered what was happening, he stopped the kiss to take a breath and she almost whined at him. He looked into her eyes with his smoldering ones and whispered while his lips still on hers—hot, red and swollen from his kiss.

"I love you too, Son Naeun.. " before he captured her lips once again in a deep kiss.

Holy sweet of God.

She swore she could feel her heart was about to jump out of her ribcage.

Did he just said that he loves me?

This is not a dream, right?

Taemin slipped his arm around her waist and tugged her body closer to him, so much closer that their chest met in a very intimate way she could feel the muscles beneath his clothes. She gasped when his fingers slipped under her shirt and his thumb caressing her bare skin around her back, and he took her aroused state to slip his tounge into , deepening their kiss. Oh God. She had never been kissed like this before. And she liked it. Very very much.

Her body was so compliant, she'd lost control of her body and let Taemin posessed her since it's moving just the way he wanted her to be.

Closer.

As if it wasn't close enough, he squeezed her and pulled her body into his lap. She yelped in surprise, the new position had gotten their bodies to rubbed each other in delicious, dangerous ways, but Taemin refused to stop. Instead, he put her arms around her neck, so now her fingers could grab into his hair to hold onto.

 

Stupid, Son Naeun!

 

Weak, Son Naeun!

 

Are you really going to let him get away so easily like this? He had broke your heart, Son Naeun!

 

Her consciousness screaming for her to stop.

But the way he kissed her was so, mmmhh—

 

Where's your dignity, Son Naeun??!!!!

 

She finally put her hands on his chest and tried to push him away. But the ever relentless Lee Taemin just wouldn't give up the kiss immediately. He had been capturing her lips again and again and again, squeezing her body even more just so she wouldn't get away. It took several attempts before he finally took the sign.

"Oppa—"

He tried to bite her lips again when she stopped him by putting her thumb on his lips.

"—Please. Stop. You said you just wanted to talk, but what is this?"

He looked confused, "I thought we've done talking—"

She frowned, putting more distance between their faces so he knew that she meant it, "—well at least you owe me an explanation."

Taemin sighed. Kissing her thumb on his lips, he pulled her face back closer to his, resting his forehead on hers so she could feel his breath when he asked, "What do you want to know?"

"Where have you been? What took you so long? Why—"

He gave her a brief kiss before her voice started to shake. It was a comfort kiss, and it worked for her.

"I'm sorry," another kiss, "I didn't mean to make you wait that long." He chuckled, as if he was laughing at his own stupidity, "I know this is kinda lame, but I was pretty shocked when you kiss me that day. And when I finally registered what happened, you were already gone. I don't know what to do. Or what to think. Seriously. It felt surreal. I kept on thinking did you really love me? Or was it just a goodbye kiss?"

She wanted to interrupt, but he stopped her with another kiss.

His method of calming her was really effective. But it's absolutely not healthy for her weak heart. Not that she mind, though.

"I really really wanted to call you that night," he continued. His eyes and his thumb caressing her lips oh so gently. He was driving her mad. "I really really wanted to confront you. Asking you if it's real. I just... I don't know what's stopping me that day, or the other days after that. I realized that each day that had passed, my chances with you had lessen and lessen. There's no way you would wait for me, so I kind of... letting you go."

"So you did forgotten about me," she stated, obviously disappointed with him.

"I wish I did," his eyes casted down for the first time since he set his eyes on her the whole night. "I—" when he looked up, she could see the glitter in his eyes, "I'm trying to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think of the 'what if's', but, I missed you more and more instead. When I got so tired, I kept on flashing back to our married days, thinking 'Ah, it would feel so good if I could see you in a few hours, making you laugh, holding your hands...' I missed those feelings. There were times when I was staring at my phone, contemplating if I should call you, or text you, but then I doubted. What if you ignoring me? Even if you replied to me, how long would it last? Even if we tried on a real relationship, would it ever worked? I mean, falling in love was never even across my mind since I set my feet into this idol world. When I agreed to do the show, I thought ah it would be fun, we'll do each other a benefit, I'll try my best to be a good husband, and when it ended we'll become a good friend. I thought it would be just like another drama, but damn... I was so wrong."

"I didn't fell in love with you at the first sight, nor the second time, or the third time, but as I get to know you better, I knew that I was in a deep, deep trouble. What do I do to you? Every single day I asked myself, would it worth it to give us a try? What would I do if I ended up hurting you? What would happen to my career if the media ever found out about us? I've asked my hyungs about it, and they said: we're doomed either way. Better to take a risk and find some happiness as long as it last. In the end, the things that we regretted the most are the chances that we didn't take. And they were right. I kept on regretting things that I couldn't do when I was in high school due to my schedules, but if I think about it, I would regret it more if I didn't take the chance to be an idol. Everyone get the chance to be in high school, but only a few people get the chance to be an idol at that age. So now, with that thought had set in my mind, I've finally found the courage to ask you, would you take the risk and give us a shot?"

It was a lot to take in for Son Naeun. If he had told her about this 2 months ago, there would be no doubt she would have taken this opportunity to be with him. 2 months was a long gap for her feelings to change, for her to rebuild the walls that he had taken down. Was it too late already?

"I don't know, oppa..."

"Wae?" He tightened his arms around her once again, "You seemed to enjoy my kisses earlier—" he suggested with a teasing smile, earning him a death glare and a blushing Son Naeun that he thought was really cute.

It warmed his heart that he still had this effect on her.

Everytime she tried to push him away out of embarrassment, the more he squeezed her body closer to him. It was a futile attempt since he was much stronger than her, so instead of getting away from him, she found herself trapped deeper in his arms, like a snake to its victim. It was uncomfortable and heart-fluttering at the same time.

"Oppa—" She whined, prostested, hit him, swatted his arms, pried his fingers away from her, but to no avail. He would let her try for a second, only to catch her again with a stronger grip. His lips was restless either. He didn't mind everytime she turned her face away from him, but then he would place his kisses anywhere his lips could get on her. Her hair, her cheeks, her nose, her ears, her neck, her shoulder, her collarbone... Sometimes he would kiss her, sometimes he would add his tounge and her skin, even bold enough to bite her here and there...

He was really really determined to drive her crazy.

His hands weren't any better. Once she pushed his hand away from her waist, he would pulled her back by her hands. When she was busy prying her hand away from his grip, his other hand would caressing her neck and pulled her for a kiss. When she tried to avoid his kiss, his other hand went down to her hips and pulled her leg out so now she was straddling him on the bed.

"Oppa!"

If there was a camera here, everyone must be holding their laugh right now.

And he was oblivious about it.

The new position was giving her more disadvantages than ever. Each time she moved would create a delicious friction which sent her some electrifying shock to her already overheated skin. She tried to squirm away from him and decided against it as soon as she felt what happened if either of them move. Taemin looked at her expectantly, his eyes glazed over in amusement, challenging her to make another attempt.

She finally sighed in defeat.

"You just won't let me go, will you?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Because you like it."

It was so hard not to giggle at that.

His smile grew wider as she failed to keep her poker face on.

When Naeun finally pulled herself together, she hit him hard on the shoulder, "Cocky much, aren't you?"

He just smiled adoringly at her, keeping his eyes trailed on her face. It was that look again. Naeun bit her lips unconsciously, "Why? Why now?"

"Because I know that it was too late so I need the moment. Today is your birthday and our 300th day anniversary, if there's a day that would mean a lot for us, today is the day. It's my best shot to get you back. If this didn't work, I don't know what else to do."

"There's no 300th day anniversary, oppa... we didn't last that long."

Ouch.

"Don't say it like that..." he looked deeply hurt by her words the sparkle in his eyes shut off in a second. She immediately felt guilty.

Why did he had the ability to make it looked like it was her fault when actually, it was he himself who brought this upon him?

"I don't know, oppa... I think I need some time..."

"How long?"

"Umm..." she contemplated, "A week?"

"No... I don't have that much time."

"What do you mean?"

It was now his turn to hesitate, "Actually, I have to catch a flight back to Japan in a few hours..."

Naeun blinked, dumbfounded.

"What? I thought you're here because you had finished your schedule in Japan early?"

Taemin cringed, "Son Naeun babo. I came all the way here from Japan, took the last flight to Korea, and booked the first flight back to Japan this morning. I practically begged Minoh hyung for his permission just for today. For you."

His determination had made Naeun strucked speechless. Now that he had mention it, she'd just noticed how tired he looked, the hollow in his eyes showed the lack of sleep he must be suffering. He'd probably didn't get to sleep in the plane either. Between his already tight schedules, he'd still think of a way to be with her today—

She could feel her eyes watering. She reached out her trembling hand to touch his cheek, lovingly, tenderly caressed the skin under the prominent bag of his eyes, as if he might break under her soft touch, "You should take care of yourself better, oppa..."

She didn't know how happy he was to see that she cares about him, "I will. Once you said yes, I'll be feeling so much better," he suggested childlishly.

"Are you sure? It would be so hard on you, oppa..."

"I know. I'd never said that it's going to be easy, but I'm willing to try. It would be hard on you too, you know? I'd probably won't be able to see you often, or even contact you frequently, I could only hope that you'll be patience enough to stay with me."

"Are you kidding me? I'm happy enough if you didn't ignore me completely. I... I'd probably bored you to no extent, or annoyed you because I could be so clingy. You'll probably get sick of me sooner than later..."

"You're being clingy?" He chuckled, "That's something I'm going to look forward to. And no, I don't think I'll get sick of you. It was most likely the other way around."

Naeun closed her eyes desperately. This guy just wouldn't give up.

"I just— I don't know... Don't tell me I didn't warn you, oppa. I really don't want you to hate me after this..."

He took her face within both of his hands, looking straight into her eyes with a serious expression, "Why would I hate you, Naeun-ah? Hm? If you were lying about your feelings towards me, then yes, I will hate you forever. But if you really do love me, then say it straight to my face and show me, I could never hate you for that. Even if it was just for a while, I don't think I could ever hate you. If anything, I would be very thankful that you take a chance with me and give me some happiness as long as it last. Now, tell me, honestly, do you love me or not?"

No matter how hard she tried to hold back her tears, they still fell out of the corners of her eyes.

She couldn't lie. Her feelings overflowed as if her heart would burst out like a firework, it couldn't contain them anymore. To have him here, in her arms, just like what she wanted to be...

"I love you. I love you so much it hurts—"

She sobbed as he peppered her with butterfly kisses all over her face. This time, she didn't shy away from him. She just let herself basked in the glorious feeling of being loved by him, Lee Taemin, the man who had held her heart captive. She was drowning deeper and deeper into his arms. She didn't mind. In fact, she wished she could stay with him like this forever.

"Ssshh... I love you too, Naeun-ah..."

They stayed that way for the rest of the night. In each other's arms. They talked about everything, catching up on the things they've missed out for the last couple of months. At some point, Naeun fell asleep, exhausted from the roller coaster of emotions that was tonight. She'd asked him to let her know when he was going to leave to catch his flight and to set the alarm. Taemin lay her down on the bed and watched her sleeping peacefully on his arm. She wasn't lying when she said that she could be clingy, he amusedly smiling as he woke up to retrieve the blanket to cover both of them when she snuggled up closer to him, unwilling to let him loose even for an inch, even when she was fast asleep.

He was watching her sleep again before he finally gave up and fell asleep too.

***

He woke up first when the alarm set at 5 o'clock in the morning. He'd only slept for 2 hours but it was the best sleep he'd ever had in the last months, if not in his whole life. A smile soon tugged at the corner of his lips as he saw Naeun still sleeping soundly beside him, clinging on his body for dear life. Too bad that he really had to go so he wouldn't be late to catch his plane and to avoid the reporters or the fans. They won't be at the airport this early, especially if no one knew that he was in Korea at the moment. Lord knew what kind of chaos would happen if they caught him at the airport in Korea when he was supposed to be in Japan with his group, today of all day specifically.

He kissed both of her eyes softly, then whisperred on her cheek, "Naeun-ah..."

Naeun stirred with her eyes closed, her body squirmed to squeeze his body closer that elicited a chuckle from him.

"Naeun-ah... I have to go now..."

She made a non-commital-sound-slash-a-sigh, unwilling to let him go. He couldn't help himself. She's just too cute to resist.

He twisted his body so he's now on top of her and kissing her on her lips. She giggled as she was fully awake now, enjoying his kisses as much as she can. Feeling a bit more giddy, both of her arms snake their way to her neck, pulling him closer. There's an 'uhmpf' sound coming out from him as she deepened their kisses, turning them into a hot, passionate making out session.

But the happy moment didn't last long. She whined and pouted as the kisses galore came to a stop.

"Don't go..."

He pouted as well, "Don't say that. I might be tempted to do just that."

"Hm," hearing that, she pushed him away. She couldn't take any risk that would damaged his career. "Stop kissing me then..."

For once, he complied. Pulling his body away from her and from the bed, he fixed his clothes before he stepped his way out of her room. Naeun jumped to follow him outside, linking her arm to his, anxiously looking around for her sisters who might be waiting for them to come out. Fortunately, none of them were seen, probably still fast asleep in their room. She wondered where did Hayoung sleep last night...

They were saying their goodbyes in front of the dorm door, it was sad since their time together was really short, but they were once again back into their happy bubble. And the most important thing was that they've been honest to themselves and to each other, so that left no room for regret.

No, this time, she would follow her heart and be happy as much as she can with him.

This time, she would express herself better.

It's a promise.

***

A/N: I hope a lot of you go cray cray after reading this. Kekekkekek...

Originally, I have one more idea in my mind for the next one-shot, so keep the comments coming, even if you're just going to scream or write aslafjkdhfj, so I wouldn't lose interest to write it. Ciao!