***

Fluttering Elevator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah there, watch where you’re going, Wookie.”

Ryeowook muttered a quiet apology before looking up to the person he had painfully walked into at the corridors of the SM building. When his eyes met with the familiar figure, Ryeowook felt his cheeks flushing and he quickly apologized again.

“Long time no see, Wook. How have you been?”

Ryeowook smiled. “I’ve been good, what about you, hyung?”

 The top idol replied his smile kindly. “I’m okay.”

“Do you have rehearsal today?”

 “No, everyone’s kind of on a break since we have no group schedules.” Ryeowook then added. “I’m just visiting the Exo boys during their practise. I promised to buy lunch but they’re always so busy.”

It was then that Yunho realized the amount of take-out bags the smaller male was holding onto, his small hands turning red from holding onto all of them at once. It must have been too much for him that Ryeowook shifted the bags from one hand to another.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Yunho offered.

Ryeowook looked at his senior, a little awkwardly before Yunho chuckled and reached out his hand to take the bags from Ryeowook’s right hand.

“You don’t have to do that, hyung.” Ryeowook said, although he was very thankful.

Yunho waved him off and started walking with Ryeowook towards the rehearsal room the Exo boys were in. While walking, Ryeowook silently thought how awkward it was. He had never been left alone with Yunho in all his life. They were friends but Ryeowook still respected him as a senior more than just a normal hyung. Yunho was closer to the other members like Sungmin, Donghae and Heechul and Ryeowook barely talked to Yunho.

“The boys are doing a great job for their comeback, aren’t they?” Yunho asked casually.

Ryeowook nodded, agreeing. “They are.”

Silence passed again and Yunho cleared his throat as they stepped into the elevator. He then started talking about how the exo members were improving and how they were handling everything so well despite continuously losing members here and there. Ryeowook was thankful that Yunho kept talking because hell, he’d never think of a topic to talk about with the Uknow-Yunho.

“Hey, I just remembered,” Yunho suddenly said. “Kyuhyun’s in India now isn’t he? With Minho and the others?”

Ryeowook stiffened. “Yeah, he is.”

“You’re not going with him? Changmin and I have a tour this weekend and it’s too bad he can’t tag along.”

Ryeowook shrugged nonchalantly choosing to let the conversation die on its own. They were reaching the fifth floor anyway and his heart did a little flip of joy when Yunho didn’t press on. That was when the elevator stopped abruptly, making both Yunho and Ryeowook lose their balance. Yunho was faster and stabilized himself and reached out to hold Ryeowook. The lights suddenly went out and both the idols were surrounded in pitch darkness.

Ryeowook cursed. “Oh .”

Ryeowook heard Yunho groaning and sighing. “Aish, this always happens!”

Ryeowook couldn’t see what was going on but from the sound of Yunho’s voice, he was neither panicked nor worried about the lift being jammed. Instead, he sounded pissed off like he had gone through this a couple of times already. Ryeowook jolted and released a scream when he felt cold hands touching his shirt.

“Oh sorry, I was trying to find the emergency call button.” Yunho chuckled and Ryeowook could swear, he felt Yunho’s warm breath near his ears.

It seemed Yunho accidentally touched him a couple of times before he managed to find the emergency call button and called for help. The person on the other line said a few things which sounded unclear to Ryeowook. All he could catch was “half an hour” and “just stay clear” and that was all. After Yunho said some okays, he ended the call and the lights of the elevator were thankfully .

“They’re able to get the lights back on but we’ll have to wait for about thirty to fifty minutes while they fix whatever is going on.” Yunho told Ryeowook. “I swear, this always happens to me.”

Ryeowook giggled, finding it a funny and amusing. He never knew Yunho had this side of him. To Ryeowook and the other juniors, Yunho was always seen as serious and although he heard from the other members that Yunho liked to joke and good around, he never experienced it first-hand. Until today. Yunho yawned loud and stretched out his arms and lowered himself onto the group, sitting cross-ledged against the metal walls.

“Might as well make yourself comfortable, Wook.” Yunho told Ryeowook as he gestured for him to sit.

Ryeowook nodded and placed the take-out bags neatly on the floor and slid down against the metal wall, wondering how long it would take for them to be rescued. Then it hit him again that holy hell, he was stuck in an elevator with Yunho for maybe thirty to fifty minutes! Awkward!

“Umm.. You… Does this always happen to you?” Ryeowook asked nervously.

Yunho nodded, frowning. “Yeah, sometimes when I’m alone but most times it’s usually Changmin and I.”

“We were once stuck in an elevator for almost two hours in Japan. I swear it’s not just here, but other places too. Changmin thinks I bring bad luck wherever I go.”

Ryeowook chuckled unsure of how to continue the conversation from there. He then awkwardly looked around the elevator and heard a low grumble and his eyes shot up to Yunho who was laughing awkwardly holding his stomach. Ryeowook couldn’t help but burst out laughing at how embarrassed and child-like Yunho looked, holding his stomach like that. He unpacked one of the containers from the bags and took out a pair of chopsticks and pushed it towards Yunho.

“Here.” Ryeowook giggled.

Yunho shook his head. “Aniyo, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter