First Day

3 Different Choices

I step out the house, wearing my new uniform: nvay blue skirt, white blouse, and a navy necktie. It's my first day at Seoul Performing Arts Highschool. I'm so nervous, I'm afraid I'll forget every bit of Korean I've learned and start blabbering in English.

 

I see the school, and a whole lot of students trickling in the gates. I followed them. Once inside, I immediately tried to find my classroom. No such luck Room 65-A, West wing is nowhere to be found. I decided to ask for directions. I saw a friendly faced girl with pigtails. I approached her warily.

"Excuse me, but, could you tell me where Room 65-A, West wing is?"

She smiled at me. "No problem. That's my room too. You must be the new girl sonsaengnim told us about."

I nodded. "Ne. I'm Kim Minna."

"I'm Lee Soojin. Nice to meet you."

We started walking, and I had to remember all the turns and stairs to climb. I'm telling you, there were many. Once we got there, the teacher quickly introduced me to the class. Everyone seemed so friendly and welcoming, but I was trembling, and I could feel my palms sweating. The teacher told me to sit at the back, and my seatmate was Soojin!

"This is a lucky day." I whispered to her as the teacher began the lesson.

 

After classes, I asked Soojin if she wanted to go shopping with me.

"Mianhaeyo, Minna-ah, but I have to go home. My mom asked me to babysit my brother. Maybe next time?"

I smiled. "Sure, Soojin! Take care while going home!"

"You too, Minna! It was a pleasure meeting you!"

After she left, I received a text from my mom. Well, I guess I have to go home now too.

 

As I was walking, I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back, and saw 2 very creepy guys following me. I started to run, but they caught up with me.

"Hey beautiful, why don't you give me a kiss?" One of them said. I held my breath, smelling the beer in their breaths. They dragged me to a dark street corner. They had covered my mouth so I couldn't scream. Tears started falling from my eyes as they started to pry open the buttons of my blouse.

"Get your hands off her, you maniacs." I heard someone say.

The most adorable and baby faced boy I've ever seen started beating up those guys. I have to admit, they didn't give much of a fight.

"Don't you dare touch her again." He spat as they scurried away.

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed to him.

"You're welcome. You're Kim Minna, right? I'm in your class."

I found it hard to believe I didn't actually see him. "Oh, um, I didn't see you... Mianhae."

He chuckled. "That's all right. You were pretty nervous. I wouldn't have been able to look at the faces of my new classmates too, if it were me."

He picked up my bag and handed it to me. "Take care, okay?"

I nodded. I turned to leave, but then I stopped. "Um, I  forgot to ask your name..."

He laughed. Omo. So cute.

"I'm No Minwoo."

 

--

What do you guys think? Is it okay?

Please comment! ((: