A Matter of Time

A Matter of Time

When JongIn was eight his parents found out he was different.

It was seven in the morning, his mother was driving the car to his school, drop him by at her way to work. JongIn was at the backseat, trying his best to keep himself awake – a very hard task – and not think about his bed. His so comfortable bed, all warm with his mickey blanket.

He just wanted to come back home and sleep. His mind started to focuses on his home, his room… If only he could go back.

And just like that he went. JongIn didn’t understand what happened, but suddenly he was standing in the middle of his room. Like going to school was just a very bad dream.

A dream indeed that was JongIn told himself the whole moment was. He was still sleeping.

However, his mother at the car didn’t think the same. She never got more scared in her life. One moment her beloved son was at the backseat fighting sleep, the next one he was gone and she almost caused a car accident.

The woman quickly stopped the car, getting out and looking around, trying to find her missing son. Despair taking full control of her body, she couldn’t find him anywhere. She already had tears in her eyes, screaming his name, when her cellphone started to ring.

At first, she thought to ignore the call, but seeing her husband name at the visor only made her cry even louder. How was she supposed to tell him? How do you tell your husband you lost their son?

Picking the phone, she didn’t have the chance to talk, already hearing his confused voice at the other end. “Didn’t you take JongIn to school? Why is he still sleeping in his room?”

She stopped crying, her heart missing a beat. “W-what?” Her voice was weak, what was going on?

“He is sleeping, but I swear I saw you going out with him, he even has his uniform on. What is going on? And what happened to your voice, are you crying?”

JongIn was at home, he never left.

No… That couldn’t be possible, he was with her! She could swear! “He went with me! He was with me!” She was desperate, maybe even screaming at the phone. She made her way back to the car, looking at the backseat through the window. JongIn’s backpack was there.

She was not crazy; her son was there with her one-second and the other… He just disappeared. Like magic, like… He teleported.

 

-

 

JongIn’s parent did their best to coop with their son’s special ability. They didn’t know where it came from and it was scary to think that maybe they shouldn’t tell anyone.

What if someone or something kidnapped him? What if he was considerate a monster? An aberration? It was better if no one knew about it. JongIn would be safe like this.

To be sure, they told JongIn that he wasn’t supposed to use his powers, only in some huge emergency and even then maybe he shouldn’t. The young boy didn’t understand why, he was so excited to show all his friends at school how amazing he was, but his parents begged him to keep his powers a secret.

Young JongIn didn’t like that, so every time his parents left him alone at home he would train. Teleporting from one room to another, first floor to second floor. He liked so much doing this and he felt he was getting better and better!

He was the strongest superhero in the world and nothing could stop him!

 

-

 

Something could stop him.

JongIn was eleven years old when he got in trouble for a bad grade in a math test. It was also the first time he got in trouble for using his powers.

His parents grounded him, stay the whole night in your bedroom and think of what you did wrong, just what any other parent would say. But JongIn wasn’t like any other kid.

He waited until his parents fell asleep to run away. Not forever, but only for a few minutes, just to show them who was the boss – even if his parents never knew about his absent. In the end, he was just a normal boy, a little bit too dumb and immature.

He decided to teleport to a park near his house, it was just two blocks away, so he was pretty confident that he would get there without any problem.

What JongIn didn’t expect was that he wasn’t the only one running away from home that night.

He managed to arrive at the park, for a second he felt really happy with himself, but then he noticed another boy. Right in front of him, sitting on the swing, looking at him with his mouth opened, completely shocked.

JongIn didn’t know what do, should he go back home? Talk to the other boy? Beg him to keep a secret?

Before he had the chance to even think straight, the other boy started to talk. “WOOOOW THAT WAS SOOOOO COOOOOL! How did you do that? Can you teach me? You are soooooo cooooool!”

Those were the comments that JongIn always wished for, but he was not happy, he was scared. All he could think was that he should run, the boy was probably his age; who would believe a eleven years old boy about teleport? No one.

Maybe he seemed way to ready to flee because the other boy noticed and ran to him, holding his shirt. “Are you going away? You can’t! Please, stay, tell me how you do it, pleeeeeaaaaase!”

JongIng panicked, he just wished he never left home. His parents were right, he was an idiot, no one was supposed to know and now a stranger knew it!

He closed his eyes and thought about home, teleporting there.

The grip in his shirt never left, so when JongIn opened his eyes he was scared to noticed he not only teleported, but took the boy with him. Not to his house, but to his street.

Why didn’t he get home? Was it because he “carried” someone with him?

Again, the other’s loud voice cut his thoughts short.

“WOOOOOOW THAT WAS AMAZING! Do you think you can do it again? Maybe this time we can go somewhere cool, like… Like… OOOOhhhhhh take me to Disney world!”

The boy was talking so loud! That way he would wake everyone up!

Thinking fast, JongIn put his hand on the other mouth, shutting him up. “Please! You can't tell anyone!” He was in really deep , the boy was so excited about it, he probably wouldn’t keep a secret, he would tell everyone and then-

“Ok.” And that got JongIng even more shocked, did the bot just accepted keeping a secret? “You really are a superhero aren’t you? You have to keep your identity a secret, right? Like superman and batman!” The boy was smiling, eyes fixed on JongIn and still speaking really fast. “Hey, can I be your side-kick? You know, like Robin! I could help you kick the bad guys asses and fight crime! OOOhhhh and we could have some really cool names-“

JongIn’s hand again went to the boy’s mouth. “Yes! You can, but stop talking, someone may hear!” He was quickly in shutting him up, again the other only agreed, making a small gesture as he was zipping his lips shut.

“I will not tell anyone, don’t worry!” Then he bowed. “Ah, my name is Lee Taemin. What is yours?”

“I’m… I… I’m Kim JongIn.” He was still too scared to think straight, still couldn’t believe he ed things up this badly.

For the first time in his life, JongIn was scared by his powers. Scared at what could happen to him.

 

-

 

TaeMin stuck to JongIn like glue, he followed the other everywhere – at school, home -, always watching his actions, expecting him to use his powers.

But it never happened.

It intrigued TaeMin the reason why JongIn didn’t use his powers. If he had powers like the other - oh boy! - he would use to even go to his suite bathroom, he would use for everything!

At first TaeMin thought that maybe he only used his powers for good, to battle evil like all superheroes, but that didn’t make sense as well. JongIn never used his powers to help other people; he just never used his powers at all.

Therefore, one day TaeMin started making questions.

JongIn was beyond tense, he did his best to avoid the questions, but the other didn’t stop until he got the truth out of him.

When JongIn finally opened up, he told TaeMin about everything; every single detail. He told about the first time he used his powers and how scared his mother was. How his parents begged him to never teleport, never tell anyone about it.

He told him about how the night they met was a huge mistake.

And for his surprise, TaeMin understood. He listened everything he had to say and understood.

“Too bad we can’t fight crime, but I get it! It’s too dangerous and something bad could happen to you. But it’s ok, you know? You are still cool and we can still be friends!” TaeMin said after everything and it made JongIn happy.

TaeMin did become his sidekick.

More like best friend.

 

-

 

More like lover.

Hormones. Teenager’s biggest problems.

Even if JongIn had special powers, he was still just like any other teenager, with hormones burning up inside his sixteen years old body. It didn’t help that every time TaeMin touched him was like the burning feeling multiplied. He could feel this weird spark inside him, his heart beating faster and his cheeks getting redder.

JongIn was not dumb, he knew what that means. He knows exactly what those long looks towards his best friend means.

And he knows that TaeMin feels the same.

It doesn’t take long for them to become a couple.

JongIn believes TaeMin is the perfect boyfriend, who is always by his side, who understood him when no one else did it.

TaeMin believes JongIn is the perfect boyfriend, so handsome and loving that he didn’t hold himself to brag about it to everyone. But what he really wanted to brag about were the dates.

Oh the dates! They were always perfect; JongIn would ignore the risks and teleport with TaeMin to the most amazing places. Always a different place, another country where JongIn would say I love you in another language, making TaeMin’s heart beat faster and faster.

They were never happier.

 

-

 

Three years later, they were leaving together.

The apartment is small, but close to university and the rent was cheap so they didn’t care about the size. They were happy, living like a couple that just got married.

But TaeMin noticed something strange.

They would always go to bed together, cuddle until sleep and woke up the next day in each other’s arms. But sometimes TaeMin would wake up alone in bed.

That wouldn’t be a problem if he didn’t find JongIn still sleeping in other places, like the couch, the floor and even the kitchen.

JongIn didn’t remember going to any of those places, so he started to think he was simple sleepwalking. TaeMin didn’t agree, he could feel there was something wrong going on. So, one night, he decided to stay awake and watch the other, waiting for whatever was going to happen.

Nothing could prepare him to see JongIn teleport. The other disappeared just like that, making TaeMin jump out of bed and run to the living room, finding his boyfriend sleeping on the floor, completely aware of what was going on.

“JongIn! JongIn, wake up!” He shook the other, waking him up. JongIn rubbed his eyes, looking confused at TaeMin.

“What is wrong? What time is it?” He knew it was still night, the apartment was all dark. He was so sleepy, why would TaeMin wake him at such hour?

“You teleported!” JongIn didn’t understand, still looking confused at him. “JongIn you have been teleporting in your sleep! You just disappeared from bed and end up here!” TaeMin was so scared, almost screaming at the other.

It took a while, but when JongIn finally understood what was going on he simply smiled. “Don’t be scared, ok? It’s probably nothing, I mean, I was sleeping and maybe dreamt about teleporting, that is why I did it. Just… Don’t worry, everything is ok. I’m in full control of my powers, you know that.” He was so calm about it that for a second TaeMin almost believed in his words.

But in all those years it never happened. They have slept together so many times and JongIn never did that.

TaeMin couldn’t help, but be scared.

 

-

 

Days went on and JongIn would still teleport during the night. It became almost routine, making TaeMin even forget that it wasn’t normal.

And, at some point, they just moved on.

TaeMin was looking inside the fridge, trying to find some eggs, but he found none. The boy sighed, it was his turn to make dinner and there weren’t any eggs for his recipe. He was already in his pajamas, he didn’t want to go out and by more.

“JoooooongIn!” He called the other, who was lying on the couch watching tv.

“Whaaaaaat?” 

“Can you go out to buy eggs? Please, I’m too tiiiiiiired!” He screamed back at the other, gathering all the other ingredients for dinner.

JongIn got up from the couch, walking to the kitchen and hugging TaeMin from behind the moment he got there. “Depend, what will I get in return?” He smiled.

“Dinner, isn’t that enough?” TaeMin replied with a smirk, laughing as his boyfriend smile disappeared.

“Not enough!”

“Ok, ok… I will… Hmm, I will wash the dishes later and the clothes tomorrow?” He tried to negotiate, waiting for his boyfriend answer. JongIn thought for a while, finally answering.

“Fair enough, but I also want some y time later.” It was his time to smirk, receiving a light slap on his arm, TaeMin freeing himself from his hug. “Ok, dishes and clothes! Do you want or need anything else from the supermarket?”

“I don’t think so, but if I remember anything I will call, ok?” JongIn nodded, teleporting right after.

When JongIn came back, TaeMin wasn’t on the kitchen anymore. He could hear the other’s voice coming from the living room, he sounded desperate and he was definitely crying.

“Please! It’s been twenty four hours since he is missing!” JongIn got worried, who was missing? He left the eggs on the fridge and went to the room, finding his boyfriend on the phone, his eyes red from crying. “Minnie-ah, what is going on?” He was ready to hug the other, but TaeMin reaction stopped him.

TaeMin was looking at him completely scared, it took a few seconds, but the other turned the phone off in the middle of the conversation, running to JongIn and jumping on his arms. “Oh my god, JongIn! I was so scared. Please never ever leave again like this!” He cried so hard, hugging JongIn’s body with all his strength, as if he was scared that he would disappear at any moment.

JongIn was completely confused. “TaeMin, what is going on? What the heck are you talking about? Who were you talking to?” He broke the hug, holding the older’s shoulders and looking at his crying face. TaeMin was a mess.

“I was so scared after you didn’t come back, I tried calling the police, but they said that they could only do something after twenty four hours, so I called again now and…. Please never leave again like this, please, I was so scared!” JongIn furrowed his eyebrows at each word, TaeMin didn’t make any sense.

“What? What do you mean when I didn’t come back? I went to the supermarket get the eggs for you, remember?” His words made TaeMin cry even harder.

“JongIn-ah… I asked you to do this yesterday… You went missing for a whole day.”

 

-

 

JongIn stopped using his powers.

After the incident when he disappeared for a whole day, he and TaeMin decided that it was for the best if he didn’t use his powers. There was something wrong going on and it was better to be safe than sorry.

If TaeMin was scared before it happened, now he was a pile of nerves, terrified that something bad could happen. All he wanted was to be with JongIn, keep an eye on the other, but there were moments when they had to separate.

JongIn was at university and TaeMin didn’t have classes that day, trying his best to keep his mind busy.

He had already cleaned the whole apartment, watched a few episodes of his favorite series and did his homework. The only thing left to do was going to the bank and pay the bills. He grabbed the bills on the kitchen counter, looking at them just to make sure they were all there.

One of the bills caught his attention, it had another person’s name on it, and the address was identical to his if it wasn’t for the apartment number. “Kim Minseok, apartment 409…” The postman delivered his neighbor mail to him.

This MinSeok guy was probably freaking out because of the lost bill, so TaeMin decided to pass on his apartment to give to him. It would also be an opportunity to finally meet his neighbor, since he and JongIn moved to the apartment they never met the guy.

He knocked on his neighbor’s door, waiting for him to answer.

Five minutes later and still nothing.

Maybe the guy wasn’t home? TaeMin was ready to give up when the door finally opened. Not fully, only a little bit, enough for a head to stick out of it.

“Can I help you?” The person asked and TaeMin could only think that the guy was trying to hide something, have he been living beside a murder for more than a year?

“Yes, hm… Hi! My name is Lee TaeMin, I’m your neighbor!” He decided to make some introductions before, just to make sure the guy was MinSeok.

“Yeah, ok, hi, I’m Kim MinSeok… Is there anything I can help you with?” He was very straightforward. Definitely hiding something.

“Oh yes, I’m sorry!” TaeMin smiled at him, hoping to get a smile back, but nothing. “I got your bill delivered to my house.” He said handing the paper to the other, expecting him to catch.

MinSeok didn’t move, looking at the bill. Why wasn’t he caught the bill yet?

“Hmm, is something wrong?” There was, but MinSeok did his best to come up with some kind of excuse.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, I’m… Painting my bedroom’s wall, my hands are all dirty with paint; I’m scared I will ruin the bill.”

TaeMin didn’t believe one bit. Not only because the guy was the worst liar ever, but his clothes were way too good to be used while painting the walls, there was no strong paint smell coming from the opened door. “It’s ok, maybe I can put somewhere for y-?”

“There is no need!” MinSeok didn’t he even finish the phrase, there was something really wrong going on.

TaeMin’s feet went to the space between the open door, just to make sure the guy wouldn’t close. “I insist!” He replied, trying to force himself inside the place. There was a very cold breeze coming from inside the apartment, it was winter, why did the guy turn the air conditioner on?

MinSeok tried his best to stop him from entering, but little by little the door was getting opened. TaeMin was almost there; he could already look inside the place.

The first thing TaeMin noticed was MinSeok hand on the door.

It was frozen.

Not only was frozen, but the place where the hand touched the door was also frozen.

“Holy !” He screamed, then noticing how MinSeok tried to hide his hand from him, but when it touched his clothes it freeze them. “Holy , you have powers!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about, please leave me alone!” He was quickly to answer.

“My boyfriend can teleport!” The phrase came out before TaeMin realized, surprising both him and MinSeok.

“Wait, what?!”

“I… I said… My boyfriend, JongIn, he can teleport. He also has powers.” TaeMin stopped his attempt to break into the other’s apartment. MinSeok didn’t say anything for a few seconds, only staring at TaeMin, before speaking again.

“Please, leave.” TaeMin was surprised at his reaction. Of course, he didn’t expect the other to hug him or anything like that, but not to deny his presence like that. Using advantage of TaeMin’s surprise, MinSeok used the door to push him, closing the door on his face.

Taemin stood there, looking at the door, bill still in hands.

He then sighed, deciding to leave the guy alone – not before pushing the bill inside from under the door -. Maybe MinSeok haven’t accepted his powers? Maybe he was scared? Whatever his reasons were, Taemin would give him space and not force anything out of him. He had already forced him enough for one day.

 

-

 

TaeMin told JongIn about MinSeok.

They decided they would give him time, when he wanted to talk about it he knew where to find them.

Days passed and MinSeok never came. JongIn wanted nothing more than go to the other’s apartment and make a bunch of questions, but TaeMin convinced him that it was better to leave him alone.

“I just don’t understand why he never came! I mean… I also have powers, maybe we could understand things better talking to each other.” JongIn was washing the dishes after lunch while TaeMin cleaned the stove.

“You discovered your powers when you were eight, what if he just discovered? He must be scared. Don’t force him.”

“Says the guy who screamed at me in a park and made me teleport with him.” JongIn replied playful.

“I was eleven! You are a twenty-one years old man!” TaeMin throw the cloth used on the stove in JongIn. Having finished cleaning, he decided to leave his boyfriend alone doing all the other tasks as punishment.

He was ready to get out of the kitchen when JongIn’s voice stopped him. At first TaeMin thought he was going to apologize, but there was something wrong in the others voice.

“TaeMin…” It was low and it sounded like he was breathless.

“What?” He turned around, looking at the younger, noticing how he had stopped washing the dishes, staring at him, looking frightened. “JongIn, what is-“ He didn’t have the chance to finish, JongIn interrupted him.

“Something is wrong.” JongIn said before teleporting.

 

-

 

It had been a week. A ing week since JongIn teleported and didn’t come back.

TaeMin was desperate, scared. If that one day was hard, that week was hell. He couldn’t stop crying and begging god to give his boyfriend back.

He felt so useless, there was nothing he could do, no one he could talk about it. How was he supposed to explain what was going on to everyone? Heck, how was he supposed to tell JongIn’s parents about what was going on?

It hurt Taemin that he was completely alone in this mess. It hurt even more to know that JongIn was – hopefully – somewhere, just as alone.

If only someone was going through the same…

“I also have powers, maybe we could understand things better talking to each other.”

JongIn’s words from a week ago came to his mind. There was someone.

MinSeok.

He didn’t lose any more time, running to the other’s door and knocking. There was no answer, but he knew the other was there, he just knew. He needed him to be there.

He knocked again, again, again. He didn’t realize that at some point he started hitting the door with all his force, crying and begging for him to open.

“MinSeok! Please, please! Open the door, please! JongIn- He is… Please, you have to help me!” He screamed, hoping the other could hear him from the other side.

Finally the door opened and TaeMin end up falling inside, his voice died the moment his knees hit the floor.

 The whole apartment was now frozen.

“What… What is going on?” The question came out almost a whisper, but loud enough for MinSeok to hear.

“I’m losing control.” He replied short, making TaeMin confused and more worried.

“What do you mean? You can’t control it?”

“I once did, but now… It’s only a matter of time.” There was something wrong with MinSeok, his voice had no emotion at all.

“I… JongIn! JongIn teleported a week ago! It happened before, he would disappear, one time even for a day, but… A week?” TaeMin remembered why he was there on the first place, telling the other about JongIn disappearance.

MinSeok didn’t say anything, only staring at TaeMin’s face for a few seconds, maybe even minutes, before sighing and walking to the frozen couch, sitting on it.

“We always start believing that these powers are a blessing… We are so powerful, so special. But the truth is… It’s a mistake. We were never meant to have these, it’s too powerful for us to handle.” MinSeok was so calm telling TaeMin about it, as if he already accepted the truth. “Just like us, the powers start small and then begin to grow. Because we are growing as well, we believe we are getting stronger, better, that we are in total control… The problem is that we stop growing at some point, but the powers don’t. The moment the powers became bigger than us… It’s when we start losing control.”

TaeMin could feel his heart missing a few beats at each word.

“I have friends who I thought were invincible, you know? One could control fire, oh the things he did! Another one could control water and one who even controlled time! They were all so amazing, so powerful… D you know what happened to them?” TaeMin didn’t want to hear the answer, but he shook his head, denying. “ChanYeol burned from inside out, SuHon drowned and Tao… Tao’s body stopped in time, as if he was a statute, a doll… They all lost control and their powers killed them. If I was you, TaeMin, I wouldn’t expect JongIn to come back.”

The last words hit TaeMin like a kick on the face. That couldn’t be truth, JongIn wouldn’t… He had to come back; he just couldn’t die like this.

He couldn’t leave him behind.

“Now… I would like to be alone.” MinSeok said, getting TaeMin’s attention.

TaeMin’s heart skipped a beat; he understood what was going on. He understood MinSeok reaction the first time they met, why the apartment was completely frozen. Why he was talking as if he accepted the truth.

MinSeok was dying and he knew it. He was ready to die.

For a second TaeMin thought about staying with him, say something, but looking into MinSeok’s eyes he decided to leave. He just wanted to be alone and in peace in his last moments.

Before TaeMin closed the door when leaving, he heard MinSeok final words. “I hope JongIn come back so you can say goodbye to him, but… Don’t get your hopes high. Goodbye, TaeMin, and good luck.”

 

-

 

Four months later JongIn returned.

TaeMin was on the couch watching tv when JongIn teleported back, right in front of him. It didn’t take a second to both of them being crying and hugging each other.

JongIn had no idea for how long he had been missing, but he felt it was a long time for the way TaeMin was holding him.

A few minutes later they were both calm enough to talk, sitting on the couch. Holding each other hands, fingers interlaced.

“How long have I been out?”

“Four months.” The answer broke JongIn’s heart and he wanted to cry again. He had disappeared for four months, for all that time TaeMin had been alone waiting for him. He was the world’s worst boyfriend ever. “I… I went to talk with MinSeok.”

That caught JongIn by surprise; he held his tears back, waiting for TaeMin to continue.

“He told me the truth about these powers…” TaeMin told JongIn everything. About how they all lose power, how MinSeok lost his friends, one by one.

How the police took his dead body out the apartment, completely frozen. His dead being on the news for the whole month - the mystery of Kim MinSeok, the man who froze to death inside his apartment -.

During the middle of the talk, JongIn had already broken down, crying as he discovered his tragic destiny. He was only twenty-one; he was not ready to die.

“I love you so much…” TaeMin’s crying voice broke JongIn out of thoughts. Not losing any more time and hugging the other again. That was not only about him, it was about TaeMin as well.

“I love you too, more than anything…” He replied, looking into each other’s eyes, both full of fear. “I’m so sorry.”

 

-

 

Since the day JongIn came back, the couple decided to live all their days like it was the last one.

They would travel – not teleporting, of course -, go on dates and be together as much as possible. JongIn even dropped out of university, wanting to spend all his last minutes with TaeMin, who also dropped, but only for one semester.

Living each day like it was the last was scary. TaeMin would always hold his tears when they went to bed, saying “I love you” and “goodnight”, without knowing if JongIn was going to be there the next morning. Just the thought of losing him was already too much to bear.

JongIn could feel that the day was getting closer and closer, but he didn’t have the heart to tell TaeMin, he was already suffering too much and he would know when the time came.

It was only a matter of time.

 

-

 

JongIn’s twenty-two birthday came with a huge surprise party from his parents and friends. Everyone was so happy; none of them knew about JongIn’s actual condition, most didn’t even know about his powers. It was better this way.

For a whole day, JongIn and TaeMin decided to not cry, to forget about the stupid power and enjoy the party as if everything was ok. For one day they would be the happy couple they were one year ago. Oblivious of the problems.

“Did you see when SeHun tripped in front of LuHan, spilling soda on him?” TaeMin laughed as he remembered the scene, SeHun was trying so hard to impress the older and end up making a fool out of himself.

They had just got home after the party, TaeMin carrying all the presents for the birthday boy, bringing them inside the living room and putting on the table.

JongIn didn’t answer him, so he turned around to see if the other was following him in, but instead found him still on the door. “JongIn-ah, what are you doing? Did you forget something in the car?” He asked confused, waiting for a reply that never came; his boyfriend was not even making eye contact with him. “JongIn… What is wrong?”

“It’s coming.” He finally said, making TaeMin’s heart stop and the air disappear from his lungs.

No. It couldn’t be, no! He needed more time, he- JongIn couldn’t leave him now. “No…”

JongIn was crying, he didn’t even try to hold back anymore. It was too late now. “I’m so sorry for making you go through this, you deserved better…”

“STOP!” TaeMin screamed, also crying. “Never, ever, say this again! I deserve you and you deserve me! I love you more than anything and I never regretted meeting and falling in love with you!”

TaeMin started walking towards the other, but JongIn was quicker in stopping him, stepping back. “Please, stay away.” Those words hurt TaeMin more than anything, but he didn’t try to fight back.

“I just want… I can’t live without you. Please, just- Just take me with you.”

“I could never do this, I… What if this is not the last time? What if I come back and you don’t?” JongIn was lying, he knew the truth, but he would never let TaeMin do this. “You have to stay. If I don’t come back, please, promise you will keep going on, that you will move on from me.” It hurt to say those words, he didn’t want TaeMin to forget about him, but he wanted the other to live.

“Don’t say this… You are coming back, aren’t you?” TaeMin didn’t want to hear that, he wanted JongIn to hug him, kiss him, say everything was going to be alright.

“TaeMin, please… Promise me.”

“I don’t want to… I love you too much.”

JongIn gave him a sad smile. “And I love you too.”

He teleported.

TaeMin never saw JongIn again.