Chapter 1: Jungkook (BTS)

Limitations of Forever [A One-shot Collection | Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Jungkook (BTS)

Title: Just Lie To Me

Prompt used: “Lie to me again,” She whispered. “I love you,” He said.

Word count: 2556                 

Mina eventually found herself staring at the senior she really loved once again. That guy named Jungkook just caught her ever since she layed her eyes on his mysterious yet cool figure.

“Stop staring, he might melt.” Her best friend, Yuna, whispered as they both pass by the window of senior high school students again.

“Sorry, can’t help it.” Mina shrugged, a grin found its way to her lips. She’s madly infatuated with one of the senior students – so much that she looked like a fool. But it’s worth it for her.

“You and your cheesy lines.” Yuna commented, shaking her head.

“Are you done staring at him?” One student who was passing by snickered.

Yuna and Mina both rolled their eyes at the student who they knew was one of the deliquent of their school and also Jungkook’s close friend, Jimin.

“Hah! Very funny, Jimin.” Mina hissed.

“I know,” Jimin nodded. “I’m very funny, aren’t I?” He sarcastically said. “Anyway, Mina, you should really stop staring at my best friend like that. You might, I don’t know, creep him out…?”

“Shut up, Jimin! I was not staring at him.” Mina crossed her arms.

“Sure, sure.” Jimin scoffed before entering their classroom.

“I don’t think that what you said is convincing enough.” Yuna told Mina as they both continued to walk towards their classroom.

 

“Mina was staring at you again.” Jimin told Jungkook when he entered the classroom.

“That’s not something new.” A boy student who was sitting beside Jungkook – Hoseok – commented, making the latter smirk.

“She’s desperate.” A beautiful tanned girl with straight black hair named Bora said.

“Just let her be, I find her entertaining.” Jungkook grinned.

“If I were you, I would just run away from that creepy girl.” Another classmate said.

That’s right, Mina’s reputation was not that good. She was known for being an admirer of Jungkook and a weirdo. It happened because of a slip of a tongue of a certain person named Jimin. At first, it was all right, nothing harmful happened. However, Mina was a very frank person that the famous girls in the school got annoyed, eventually telling everyone about Mina’s little secret. Thus, she now looked like a desperate little wench who tried her best to steal the heart of an older man.

 

“I’m so happy! So glad that class ended early today.” Mina said as she and Yuna walked through the hallways to get some things from their locker.  “Plus, I’ll get to take a glimpse of Jungkook oppa since he’s still in class and we’ll pass by their classroom.”

They were dismissed earlier than usual for their teacher has a fever and you could just imagine how happy the students were.

“Plus, the hallway is not crowded.” Yuna commented. Mina snorted, knowing how her friend hated the crowded place.

“Oh, it landed on Jungkook!” Mina heard someone hollered from the classroom of senior students.

She heard Jungkook say something not really understandable to her.

“I dare you to court Mina! Be her boyfriend for a month, prove it to us, and we’ll all give you 20,000 won each.” She heard a familiar voice of a girl said. She knew exactly who owned that voice – Bora.

Am I only worth 20,000 won for them? Mina thought to herself quietly.

“Let’s go.” Yuna muttered and Mina was sure that her best friend heard it too.

“No, let’s listen.” Mina said, pretending as if the conversation did not pain her.

“But—”

“Sure.” Yuna’s words were cut off by Jungkook’s reply. Pursing her lips, Mina dragged her best friend to their locker.

“Don’t mind them.” Yuna stated firmly.

“Why will I mind them?” Mina asked, trying to act as if she was not affected at all – which was a lie to herself. She was hurt, all right. No, not because of the dare but because Jungkook actually accepted it.

“Cry if you want. But can you promise one thing? If he ever courted you, don’t say yes.” Yuna said, shaking Mina’s arms.

Mina forced herself to smile. I can’t.

 

“I know, you don’t expect this coming but…” Jungkook paused to hand Mina the bouquet of red roses that he was hiding at his back. “I like you, no, scratch that, I love you.” He confessed looking straight at the eyes of the girl.

Lies, Mina thought. You’re a liar Jeon Jungkook.

She wanted to cry that time but she held it in. She wanted to slap him right across his face but she was too foolish to do so. The way the wind blow and the way the trees swing in that park made everything looked like an ideal confession – except that it was not sincere.

Mina took a deep breath, thinking whether she should be selfish or she should be wise – whether she act on desperation or act like a normal person would.

“…Would you be my girlfriend?” Jungkook asked when Mina did not respond.

“I…” Mina contemplated. She was weighing her options. To get hurt or to get hurt? “I would love to be your girlfriend.” She replied, smiling.

In the end, she chose to get hurt but not after being fooled by a beautiful lie that some people created.

“Let me send you home.” Jungkook said before grabbing Mina’s hand, holding it as they both walked. Mina would have blushed, she would have squealed however, she did not. She was silent as if she just lost her voice. She so wanted to cry for it hurt her but then, the way her heart beat so fast comforted her temporarily.

“This is where I live.” Mina muttered when they reached the gate of their house.

“I know.” Jungkook beamed.

Mina wanted to slap him. How can he act so innocent when in reality he just wanted to play with her?

“Goodnight.” She told him before turning her heels away from him to go inside the house.

“Wait,” Jungkook muttered before grabbing Mina’s wrist. “Goodnight.” He smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter