I Like You Too - Junghan

Seventeen And You

"Junghan~oppa! I was looking for you!"

Jazelle had spent the entire study hour looking for him. Junghan, her new lab partner, had been asking to meet up for their project but always change his mind at the last minute. When she called out to him this time, the poor guy jumped so hard he almost dropped his books.

"You didn't have to sneak up on me like that!"

"Heh? All I did was call your name, you told me to stop speaking formally with you."

Blushing a little, Junghan sighed. For some reason, which neither he nor Jazelle could figure out, he wasn't able to be angry with her. She had seen him boss around Hansol in their chemistry class all the time, even calling "dibs" on having her as his partner for this project and finding another partner for Hansol. So why didn't he act like that with her around? After he recovered and they headed on their way to the school laboratory, she pondered the question until her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Junghan's voice.

"You aren't very observant, huh? Watch where you're walking, dongsaeng."

He gently nudged her shoulder, directing her away from the door she nearly walked into. Jazelle smiled. There it was, his natural bossiness.

"Oops~ I wasn't thinking about it."

"You're pretty flighty, aren't you? You have a habit of running into things. And people, if I might add."

Junghan was referring to their first conversation, which occured because of Jazelle's clumsiness. She had slipped in the laboratory and would have fell flat on her face...but she fell on Junghan instead. He didn't complain about being knocked over or the spilled test tubes. But he wouldn't let her forget about it. Jazelle had stuttered through the entire apology until he petted her on the head and said it wasn't a big deal. Sadly enough, it was the only time she had made him smile or laugh since their new relationship began.

"I can be absent-minded sometimes, but you don't have to be so stiff around me. I don't seem reliable at first because I'm clumsy and stutter when I'm nervous. But, trust me, I'm very trustworthy."

"Ah...what are you saying Jajelle?"

With every ounce of willpower being used to stop her from laughing at "Jajelle" and the curious tone in which he said it, she spoke again.

"You don't seem to like me. I figured that's why."

"Don't be silly! I wouldn't have asked to work with you if I didn't!"

"If you didn't what?"

"Uh...if I didn't...like you. It doesn't matter! We're partners now so let's hurry up before the good seats are taken!"

As they continued the walk to class in silence, Jazelle noticed her partner was still blushing a little. They arrived just in time for Hansol to interrupt the start of class by shouting their names, waving them over to the seats he had saved.

"I thought you might have actually done it, hyung. I was worried that my chances were being jeopardized."

"Shut it, Hansol. You're being stupid."

"Am I really? Anyway, I'd rather continue our day on a more positive note."

Junghan brushed his long bangs away from his face and turned to face the teacher, who had entered the room and was preparing to begin the class. However, a certain friend had no intention of letting Junghan or Jazelle focus on their assignment.

"As I was saying, we should be more focused on the positive from now on Junghan."

"Shut it."

"Don't you agree with me? Come on, I bet she does."

As he said this, Hansol placed a gentle hand on Jazelle's shoulder and made his way upward, tracing her collarbone. She jumped and a small squeak escaping her lips before she turned around to hit him, whispering back.

"Stop it! You know it tickles! And yes, I agree with you now be quiet! We can start looking at the bright side from now on!"

"For starters, you look really pretty Jazelle. That's a positive side to coming here every day."

"Hansol, stop it. You're such a dork."

The back and forth teasing continued beside Junghan until he couldn't, or rather wouldn't, listen to another second of it. He leaned over and thumped Hansol on the forehead, earning a loud shout in response. The teacher turned to them and asked Hansol if he would like to step out, to which he promised to be quiet. An hour later, class was dismissed and they had been given their partner assignment. Junghan and Jazelle left class together.

"Oppa?"

"Mm?"

"Are you and Hansol friends?"

"Of course. Why would you doubt that?"

"You were really upset with him. And you almost got him into trouble."

"He finds trouble without my help. What are you saying?"

"So wait...you're his friend, you care about him, you don't have anything against him?"

"Exactly."

"You were..."

"Don't even think it. I was not."

"Of him...and me?"

"I said no!"

"You were jealous! Weren't you, Junghan? Aww, that's so cute!"

"I wasn't jealous! I just don't like when he touches you!"

"Okay, if you say so."

"I mean it! I wasn't jealous!"

"I believe you. And by the way...I like you too, oppa."

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sure you're eventually going to be sick of having Jazelle as the female lead but no specific requests have come in. If you only tell me which boy, I'll assume I can use Jazelle. If it bothers anyone, let me know but have a character idea for me!

Jazelle ≧﹏≦