Oppa ~ Oppa - Jisoo/Joshua

Seventeen And You

"Joshua-sshi! What are you doing?"

Jazelle had found her Korean tutor sitting casually beside the doors of the gymnasium. Unlike during her previous encounters with him, which had been studying and nothing more, he smiled.

"Hansol said it was absolutely necessary for me to wait here and tell you that he isn't standing you up, the team dragged him off to practice at another gym."

"I can't believe he made you wait here. Sorry, I didn't think being a couple minutes late to see him would be such a big deal."

"It's fine. I would have done it even if he didn't ask. Anyway, you should probably head home. Your house is pretty far from here."

Jazelle checked the time and realized it would be almost five before she made it back. She turned to leave but Joshua called her name. When she looked back, he was walking toward her and put a hand on her head. She felt her knees knock together as soon as Joshua looked her in the eyes.

"You want me to walk with you? Like I said, it's a long walk for a girl if she's alone."

"Uh...I-I'm okay...thank you..."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get into trouble because you were too proud to let a boy walk with you."

"I'm not too proud! I can take care of myself, Joshua-sshi, I'll be okay. I appreciate you looking out for me."

It took every ounce of her self-control not to scream when his hand slid from the top of her head and gently caressed her cheek. Jazelle tensed up. For a second, she thought he was offended by it until he laughed and did it again.

"You have crumbs on your cheek, Jazelle."

Damn it. Embarassed, she brushed the remaining crumbs away and thanked him. Why did he always have to be so charming? And why was she always nervous around him? It wasn't like he flirted with her, or even hinted at it, so why did the sound of his voice make her feel so excited? Maybe it was because he was always so sweet, even without smiling, and she had only heard positive things about him (most of which were proven true). For whatever reason, his voice sent a warm tingling sensation up her spine. And now, all of a sudden, she wanted to know why.

"Joshua-sshi?"

"Yes?"

"Actually, if you're still offering...would you...walk me home?"

Joshua stared at her for a moment, his lips curving into a playful smile before he replied.

"Sure. But since you rejected me the first time, you have to cut a deal with me."

"And exactly what kind of deal are you talking about?"

"Stop calling me Joshua-sshi. You don't have to be formal with me. After all, I've been your tutor for a little while now."

"Then...what do I call you?"

"Joshua oppa, or just oppa if you want. If you agree to do that, I'll walk you home."

Knowing exactly why he wanted to be called that, Jazelle smiled. Just a few days after school started, Joshua had been frustrated with her for calling Hansol "oppa" even though he had been tutoring her since before school started. It wasn't her fault, Hansol asked her to. Still, it made her happy to know Joshua wanted the same friendly treatment.

"Uh, okay."

"Aww, come on. Say it. Ask me again."

"You're so strange. Okay. Will you walk me home, Joshua oppa?"

"Gladly. Alright, let's go. And you can call me that from now on instead of being formal, okay?"

"Okay, I'll remember that."

"Why are you laughing!?"

Jazelle couldn't help it. He was so envious of Hansol but why? There were both so strange, but she liked it. Eventually, her laughing embarassed Joshua and he poked her sides.

"Hey, cut it out. Why are you laughing at me?"

"Sorry oppa."

"Aish...how can I be mad when you talk like that? You're really cute, Jazelle!"

"Shut up! Don't tease me!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A private messager asked me to write another chapter similar to the first one ~ I hope you like it ~ Please request more chapters in the