How to Let Go?

❝ SONOROUS ❞ | story request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Title: How To Let Go?
Genre: drama, romance
Format: oneshot
Characters: Onew (SHINee), Naeun (Apink)
Inspiration: L.U.V. by Apink
Author: areskim

 

 

How to let go, but not to forget?

I’ve been in this café for more than three hours. Drinking my coffee, replying all the emails and thinking. Mostly, thinking.

I’m thinking about Naeun. My best friend. My partner in crime, my girl. Unfortunately she’s not with me anymore by now.

Unfortunately? How the hell could I say that? She’s often mad of me for no reason, she’s always make that frowned face whenever I could’nt go out with her on Saturday Night because of my work, she’s ignorant, she’s boring, she has the worst personality ever. It’s true that she’s often mad of me but she surely smile afterwards and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Yes, she’s always make that frowned face but she’d give me that ‘you’ve been worked hard, oppa. Keep it up!’ and made me a scramble egg when I just got to her house after working all Saturday long in front of my computer. Yes, she’s ignorant but she’s also full of surprise. Yes, she’s boring but she’s always been there for me. Yes, she has like the worst personality ever but…yet I fall for her.

“excuse me, can I have another shot please?” I told the waitress. Five minutes later, my espresso already on the table. Espresso. Naeun used to like espresso so much when she’s still with me.

“yah, Son Naeun. What are you doing this late?” it’s already past midnight yet she called me and woke me up. Said something was urgent and told me to get some milk. I couldn’t help but granted her will. And now, here we are. In front of the empty school near her dorm. I know this school. My little sister, Irene went to this school.

“sssttt…” she put her finger in her lips “they could’ve been hear us, oppa…”

“they?” I lifted my eyebrows and followed Naeun’s eyes. Two school security were asleep not far from the fence where we stand.

“are you planning on breakthrough?” without answering, she walked off the fence and ran onto the wall. She climbed it.

“YAH!” I tried my best to hold my voice as low as possible. This girl is crazy. My girl is crazy.

A few moments later, her head emerged from the wall and whispered “oppa, c’mon. let’s go…”

I gave her two boxes of milk I carried, stepped back and jumped across the wall easily. I didn’t understand her mindset. Jumped across this wall for me was easy. But for her? She’s 168 cm tall, the wall must’ve around 2 m high. But, she just jumped without any further thinking. I guess she didn’t become a gymnastic fairy in her university for no reason.

“yah, crazy girl…” I hissed to Naeun as I walked behind her who uneasily looking for something around the school garden “how could you breaking into Irene’s school?”

“ssssttt….” She made some signs with her hand that I didn’t understand.

“Naeun…” I walked after her “Naeun, what’re we doing in here?”

“sssttt….” She made that sound again. She started to piss me off “you scared them, Jinki oppa…”

Them? Then I saw it. Behind the bushes four kitties and one cat that must be their mom came out and Naeun’s shoes. Naeun put the bowl she carried in her bag and poured the milk I gave to her. All the cats started to drink the milk. It’s pretty dark in here but I swore I could see her smiled brightly.

“they’re the cutest, aren’t they?” Naeun mumbled as she purred the kitties.

“you broke into a school just for this?”

“Irene told me this evening that the old street cat in her school just gave birth. She wanted to give her milk but the gardener wouldn’t let anyone got closer as he was scared of these cats and plan to starve them” Naeun fixed her hoodie “these cats need our help. I can’t let them starve like that”

I froze on the spot. Didn’t see this coming. I was thinking about Naeun would throw a prank of taking something from this school just for fooling around but I was wrong. Totally. I forgot this girl could be so charming. This girl has soft spot. This girl is kind hearted.

How could I forget when I see all things I loved in her?

Then I heard a noise and a flashlight from afar. I pulled Naeun. She looks pissed because I had disturbed her times with the cats.

“the security!” I said. Quietly.

“who’s there?” the security barked.

“. Let’s go!” I held Naeun’s hand. And we ran together, laughing. Happy.

Yet, we got caught.

“oppa, buy me ice cream please…” she said to me cutely.

“who wants ice cream in the middle of winter? Seriously?” I looked at her in disbelief. This girl can be so weird if she want to.

Naeun pouted her lips and before I knew, I found myself walking five blocks for buying a cup of strawberry ice cream in the middle of winter night. And that made me shivering all night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter