Unfair

Memoir: The Forgotten Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like you Shinhye."

His words rang on my mind like an alarm clock or a school bell. I felt like a ticking bomb that's about to explode in any minute and I don't know why. Why did he say those words that night? Was he really confessing? Was he really confessing...to me? He likes... me? But if he did really confess, is he even saying the truth or just playing with me? On top of it all he's a vampire and I'm a human. It doesn't make any sense at all.

After that night, I couldn't face him. After he errr--confessed? I mean after he said he likes me I couldn't utter even a single word. My eyes stared at him in disbelief. Like how could I process my thoughts in that moment? I didn't even know what to think. So I just stood up, thank him for taking care of me after I passed out and just ran the hell out there and went straight to the dorm. I couldn't even sleep that night. All I could think about was him and the words that he spoke about.

"I like you Shinhye."

"I like you t--."

"Park Shinhye-ssi! Park Shinhye-ssi!!!"

I was back on my trance when I heard a loud voice calling out my name. I close and opened my eyes for a couple of times and was startled to see myself sitting in my seat in the classroom with the heads of my classmates all turned into my direction.

"Yah Shinhye-yah! Prof. Min is calling you!" I heard Yu talking to me with an annoyed face. I looked to the front to see Prof. Min looking back at me with a kind-of-mad face. As reflex I stood up from my seat.

"Ahh yes Prof. Min? Sorry I didn't hear your question..." I said feeling embarrassed about my situation. This will reflect my standing as the Rank 1.

"My question was if you're present Ms. Park Shinhye-ssi. I was checking for the attendance for today so you should answer 'Present'. It's still early to daydream so get your thoughts straight Ms. Park Shinhye-ssi. I expect alot from the class's rank one." Some of my classmates laughed about Mr. Min's remark. I couldn't help but sigh as the embarrassment fills in.

"Sorry Sir. I will pay more attention to all of my classes next time." I said in a respectful and apologetic manner.

"I surely hope so. Sit down."

I sat down and covered my face. I'm starting to think this will be a bad day.

 

---

 

Lunch time came and I'm afraid to go into the Cafeteria. I might bumped into him. And that's the least thing I want to happen. I still don't know what to say or how to act if I see him now. There's a little chance I might bumped into him considering that the Cafeteria has separated sections for the Human and Vampire Department but still...I don't want to see him yet after that.

"Yah Shinhye!!" Someone tapped me in the back. I was startled that I reacted fast and ran.

"Wahhh don't come near me!! Don't follow me!!" I ran fast as I could but then I felt a hand grabbed me in the arm and forcefully made me turn around.

"Yah Shinhye it's me Skullhong. It's Hongki." I sighed in relief as I stared at a familiar face. It was indeed Hongki.

"Oh Hongki-yah...it's just you." I smiled a bit knowing I was not in trouble.

"Yeah it's me. Why were you running? Are you hiding err--escaping from something?" Hongki asked.

"Ahh no no...I was just startled. Sorry I got hooked up with horror movies lately that it's getting in to me. I get shocked or scared awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter