The Orphanage to the Academy

Memoir: The Forgotten Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as finished packing up all my things. I'm going back to the academy again. I rested my head as my back faced the wall. I'll miss the orphanage, especially the little ones. They remind me so much of my childhood but as I get older the memories of my youth slowly fades. And that dream...

That dream occurred to me again. I have been dreaming the same dream for over years now. And it bothers me. It looks like a memory but I can't remember myself in that situation. And that boy in my dream, taunts me. And that girl in my dreams... I know that we look exactly the same but I'm quite sure that we have different personality and that she is not me. Maybe this is just all because of my imaginations. That maybe I am experiencing this because I let the novels I read tickle my mind. I was back in trance when the door suddenly opened and a smile spread across my face.

"What are you doing here Hyesung?" I said to the little girl who had opened the door. She tilted her head to peek, not totally revealing herself and used the door to block her body. I know that she's being shy.

"Come here." I said and she obeyed. She slowly walked towards me. She sat beside me and also leaned her back to the wall.

"Are you going away again?" She asked not looking to me. I felt her hand touch the hem of my skirt. I'll miss her doing that. She's my most favorite in this orphanage. Hyesung was always silent and she was not also fond of playing unlike all the children in the orphanage. I guess her past must damage her a lot. What a poor child. I hugged her.

"Yeah, I have to go and study but don't worry cause I'll be back." I said and comforted her. I felt drops of tears wetting my arm. Aigoo, she's crying. She sniffed but kept quiet. I know she doesn't want me to know that she's crying. What a brave child. I know that Hyesung will turn into a strong beautiful lady someday.

"You'll be back right? Promise me?" Hyesung held her hand high with her pinky finger raised. I smiled and entwined my pinky finger to hers. She smiled and giggled. She was still a child like anyone else.

"Promise. And Hyesung-ah, please smile more often. You'll look more beautiful that way. Make friends too okay?" I said and ruffled her hair. She was stunned but still she agreed to me.

"I'll try eonnie." She answered. I was telling her jokes and lending her some of my books when the door opened revealing Sister Son Ye-jin.

"Shinhye-ah~ are you already done paking up? Oh, Hyesung-ah yeogi waeyo?" Sister Ye-jin turned to us with a shock look. Hyesung doesn't often goes out of her room. It must have suprised  Sister seeing Hyesung inside my room.

"Neh Sister, I am done packing up my things. Hyesung-ah just talked to me. Don't worry I'll leave soon so the bus would not leave me."

"Eh..Come home if you have time okay? I'm sure the kids will miss you too. Awww I'll miss you too saeng!" Sister said and gave me a hug. I also hug her back. Sister Ye-jin is one my closest friend and eonnie here in the orphanage. She's been good to me ever since. Actually everyone here has been good to me. I'll surely miss this place. This has been my home since I don't remember. Sister Ye-jin told me that Mother Superior found me crying in front of the orphanage fourteen years ago. I was sobbing hard. They asked me about myself and family but I didn't speak. They told me that all I ever knew was just my name. I don't remember that day anymore. I might not be sure about my past but I always head on to my future. It's what I think that is important right now. I have to be strong for me to unravel my past.

"I'll be going then." I said and stepped out of the orphanage.

"Eonnie.. Noona.." The kids said in chorus. Sadness was etched all over the place and I cannot leave like this. I turned to them and put up my best smile.

"I'll be back. And don't be sad kids 'cause this isn't a goodbye. I'll be back soon, arasseo?" I yelled to them and fortunately they felt relieved. Sister Son Ye-jin was already sobbing hard.

"Aigoo, Sister Ye-jin is much more childish that any of us." Jeremy blurted out a joke and everyone laugh. Jeremy was the fat cute kid in the orphanage.

"Jeremy-yah don't tease Sister Ye-jin anymo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter