Final

By Your Side

Minah was about to finish washing up when she heard the familiar creak of her apartment door open, her heart skipping a beat as she hurriedly reached for the towel hanging from the rack to quickly pat down her wet face; blindly throwing the towel behind her in a haste to reach the front door.

“You’re home.” She sighed happily, wasting no time in reaching out and wrapping her arms around the person in front of her.

Jongin breathed in deeply, burying his face into her hair - making a noise of content from the scent of her sweet, distinct perfume (one of his favorite things about her). He wrapped his arms around her tightly, not wanting to let go of her so soon. “I missed you.” He mumbled into her hair, before placing his soft lips on her forehead, kissing her gently.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” Minah teased, burying her face into his chest; a subtle hint of cologne making her senses tingle with bliss.

She frowned when she felt something unusual underneath his thin, black shirt. Without hesitation, she pulled back from his grasp and reached for the hem of his shirt, lifting up to reveal his abs.

Or lack of abs, as a huge bandage was wrapped around his abdomen tightly. Minah’s eyes widened, a million questions rising throughout her body. What the…?

Jongin sighed as he pulled his shirt down, recognizing the concerned look plastered over Minah’s face. “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

Obviously, Minah didn’t listen as she tried her best to form coherent sentences from the countless questions waiting to explode from .

“Are you okay? What- how did- was this recently? Are you taking medicine-“

Jongin smiled softly as he reached out to grab her hands, successfully interlocking their fingers together. “I’m fine.”

Minah frowned again, but temporarily stopped talking about the issue for now. Her eyes glanced over to the clock looming on the wall behind Jongin, noting that it was close to 12 a.m. “It’s late, we should go to bed.”

Without letting go of each other’s hands, they walked together towards the bedroom, plopping down onto the bed. Naturally, Jongin lies down on the bed, beckoning Minah to come closer as he reaches out his arms towards her. She scoffs playfully, before moving over into his arms.

“So tell me what happened.” Minah speaks up, staring up at the ceiling, waiting for a response.

“The stage was wet and I slipped while dancing. But Tao fell also, it wasn’t only me who fell.” He mumbles the last part, embarrassed.

“He fell too?! Poor Tao.” Minah worries.

“Poor me.” Jongin slightly pouts, before readjusting their position on the bed, now with him lying on his side, facing Minah.

She rolls her eyes playfully. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you.” She sighs.

“But you’re here for me now, aren’t you?” He smiles softly. Minah locks eyes with him, her heart almost skipping a beat again as she notices the hint of adoration in his beautiful, brown eyes.

It’s been a little over a year and he never fails to make her blush.

Suddenly, Minah remembers the heating pad and meditative rubbing oils stored away under the sink in the bathroom, to which she sprints towards after abruptly jumping out of Jongin’s arms to his surprise. Before he could question it though, she already came back into the bedroom with the items in hand, this time Jongin rolling his eyes.

“Baby, this isn’t necessary.” He tries to say, but he is shushed by the adamant girl in front of him.

“Take off your shirt.” She orders. He lifts one eyebrow and smirks, before she’s embarrassed again by her blunt demand. “Not in that way, you idiot.”

He chuckles, before sitting up quickly. He reaches to slip out of his shirt, and Minah did not fail to notice his almost non-existent expression of pain, slightly wincing empathetically for him.

She moves closer as she gestures for him to lay down on his stomach, opening the bottle of the massaging oil and spreading it in her hands. She rubs her hands together quickly to warm it up, and begins to massage it into Jongin’s shoulders.

He moans lowly in appreciation, sighing softly as he closes his eyes in relaxation.

“You didn’t have to do all of this for me.” He mumbles into the pillows.

“It’s the least I could do. And you’re even injured.” She replies, gently massaging his lower back, careful not to irritate the area wrapped in the bandage in fear of hurting him.

Before she knew it, she realized that Jongin fell asleep as she noticed that his breathing decreased slowly. She smiled softly, before grabbing the heated blanket and carefully draping it over his torso. She slowly got up and put the oil back under the bathroom sink, washing her hands in the process.

She slips under the covers next to him, when she felt a pair of arms slip around her for the nth time, almost startling her.

“I thought you were asleep?” She whispers.

“I can’t sleep without saying I love you.” He buries his face into her neck.

Minah blushes, smiling at his words. She loved him so much.

“I love you.” He repeats, before reaching over, placing his lips softly on hers.

“I love you, too.” She replies, but she knows he’s probably fast asleep already as she chuckles to herself, also drifting off to sleep in his embrace.

 

 


(a/n) thanks for reading xx I promise to update my other stories soon! <3