RENT 13 - THE TWO-DAY SEMINAR

MOBSTER FOR RENT (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

credits: OhItsLai - daragonlai



 


 

credits: G-Dara21




Note: The information below about the Triad Organizational Structure came from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(underground_society)



"Why did you ignore her?", TOP asked while stealing a glance at Dara who seemed frozen on her spot.



"I don't have anything to tell her", GD nonchalantly replied.



"A simple hello will do"



"She'll just engage me in a pep talk and she'll surely get curious about who are the men behind me and ask questions. So, this is better", GD reasoned.



"You've been ignoring Sandara Park for the past few days!"



"We're busy with our own problems"



TOP sighed in defeat while GD sneakily sent a simple message to Dara just so..well..just so the geek won't have any melodramatic thoughts. You know, women.



The Deputy Mountain Master unit entered the YG Underground Club but instead of heading to the VIP rooms upstairs, they went to a concealed elevator that is guarded by heavily armed men. As soon as they saw GD, they let the whole unit pass. Only GD, TOP, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri went inside the elevator while the rest of the unit remained on the ground floor.



The elevator took them to an underground room where the meeting with the Lead Computer Analysts of the Triads will be held. All of them were summoned by GD after the failed mission regarding the location of the target - the assassins' caller. GD's entire unit were nearly killed when they went to the traced location of the mobile phone's signal because the whole warehouse exploded. Fortunately, GD sensed that something is out of place so he used one of their vehicles to barge in at the abandoned warehouse by tying the stirring wheel in place and by putting some weight on the accelerator. As soon as the unmanned car entered, an explosion colored the sky.



"We were almost toasted. Somebody has to pay", GD snarled at them, making the analysts flinch in fear.



"Boss, we're certain that's the location that the mobile phone signal points to. Now, we're not getting any signals from it. Probably, they used it as bait knowing that you're going to trace it?"



"You're not getting signals from the caller's mobile phone now? We're out of leads again?", GD asked.



"We're sorry boss"



GD slumped on his seat furiously and pulled out his phone with furrowed eyebrows.



That's weird, he thought. The geek didn't even bother to reply.



"Boss? What will be our next course of action?", one of the analysts asked.



"Just standby for now. They haven't made a move after we intercepted their assassins. They're probably trying to regroup. Attempting to get us fried by tracing a mobile phone is actually a desperate move for them. I have a feeling they will surface soon", GD said.



"Yes, boss"



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



It was 6am and I was sitting on my luggage while waiting for Donghae. Two-day seminar and we'll be staying in the same hotel for two nights. The heaven is finally smiling at me!



I decided not to text Jiyong because who knows what kind of jerk attacks he has in store for me that might ruin my moment with Donghae! Hah! Plus, he's the one who initiated on ignoring me, right?! Well, FINE! I'll only contact him after my seminar. I didn't even reply to his message yesterday, because I'm a tough b!tch kekekekeke.



I saw Donghae's car approaching and I immediately stood up. Here comes my oasis of happiness!



"Hi!", he greeted as he loaded my luggage inside the trunk. Afterwards, he draped his arm over my shoulder and guided me towards the passenger seat. Before closing the door, he ruffled my hair and gave me a big smile. See?! He's sooooo sweet! Unlike that jerk who only knows how to embarrass the crap out of me.



"How are you feeling, my lady?", Donghae asked as he drove the car out of our block.



"I'm fine, my lord", I playfully replied. He glanced at me and pinched my cheeks.



"Play whatever music you want. My iPhone is already connected", Donghae pointed at his iPhone connected on the car. I was about to play it when the wallpaper caught my attention. It was our picture taken at the Banpo Bridge!!!



I stared at it and looked at him. He just smiled at me and focused on the road. This seminar is turning out to be so so fine!!



Since it'll take 3 hours before we reach our destination, we chatted about the usual - our officemates, animes and other geeky stuff. Gosh, I miss talking to a normal person like Donghae! I mean, the last time I've been with Jiyong, I almost lost my sanity because he keeps on mentioning weapon for destruction!! GAAHH!! I don't want to think about his stupid weapon anymore, it's giving me nightmares! Plus he's always shoving that damn chicken on my face! GRRRR. Donghae would never do that!



One thing about me and Donghae, we both have the same interests. He's the one who accompanies me to all my craziness like Comic Con, Cosplays, etc. We're an undefeated duo when it comes to cosplays, I tell you! Last time, we dressed up as Yuki and Zero from Vampire Knight and bagged the awards.



"I'm trying to learn the Elvish language", I proudly said as we both bob our heads in beat with Haruka Kanata - a song of Asian Kung Fu Generation.



"Good for you. I tried to learn the Parseltongue, but I failed", Donghae joked and bit his lips. Omo! He's so cute!!



"Are you done memorizing the various Ninjutsu from Naruto?", I asked while chuckling.



"I'm just having a hard time with some hand seals. But I've memorized all the ninja techniques, YEAH!!", he pumped his fist on the air.



This feels so...right. It's so different when I'm with that . I'm sure if he was the one with me in the car, we'll just end up bickering and pissing off each other for the entire journey. Not to mention I will surely die of heart failure before we even reach our destination because that's how magnificently annoying he is.



"We're here!", Donghae announced as we saw the sign leading to our hotel.



"Five points for Gryffindor!", I merrily shouted and we both high-fived.



Before we turn right to a curb, I saw another sign about the best sweet buns store in the area. Whoah, I need to buy some for Jiyong!



Weird. Why am I always thinking about that jerk?



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



"What?!", Donghae and I chorused at the smug receptionist when she informed us that we will both be staying in one room with one Queen Size bed.



One Room.



One Bed.



"Didn't our company pre-arranged for our accomodation?", Donghae calmly asked before I can even swallow the receptionist whole and spit her tiny bones one by one. She completely ignored me, gave Donghae the sweetest smile and apologized for the inconvenience and explained the situation. Apparently, the hotel is already full due to the seminar that is going to be held here and our company only managed to book us one room. When they called and confirmed with our company, their call was transferred to Miss Park Bom (I swear, my bestfriend is evil!) who assured them that just one room is fine.



The receptionist then directed her gaze at me and gave me a lopsided and very fake smile, as if I'm a mere peasant upon her presence. Wow, so much for a five-star hotel. I figured this girl has the hots for Donghae. This is not the first time that this happens but he seems oblivious to it, just like how oblivious he is to my feelings for him. He's that dense! The girl has been trying to insconspicuously give him her phone number scribbled on a post-it note but he didn't even notice it. I smiled inwardly at her futile attempt.



"Do you want to try another hotel?", Donghae asked and I almost agreed if not for the giant lightbulb that lights up in my head. Staying in one room with Donghae is not a bad idea since it will give me a giant opportunity to seduc-...errr...to be with him. My evil bestfriend is not so useless after all!



"All the nearby hotels are booked as well, sir", the receptionist interjected. Ohhh ho ho ho, look at that. If this isn't fate, I don't know what to call it.



"Oh man...Dude, any ideas?", he turned to me questioningly.



"Let's just..stay in one room, then", I said and he was visibly taken aback. The receptionist was throwing daggers at me with her stare but I could care less about her.



"Are you sure? I mean, there are already gossips about us in the office and I don't want to put you in a compromising situation", he said. Okay, I don't really know what to feel about that. It's good that he's thinking about my reputation but he's being defensive again regarding the issue about us.



"Yeah, it's fine", I weakly said. He smiled at me and all my apprehensions disappeared. I sometimes think Lee Donghae is not human but a magical creature that can melt away all ill feelings. He might actually be the key to world peace.



==



"W-What?", he asked while looking at me from the reflection on the mirror.



He must've been creeped out with the way I ogled at him. The moment he stepped out of the shower, I've been following his every move with twinkling eyes. He was already fully dressed when he exited the bathroom but his iness hasn't dropped one bit. When he carelessly messed his wet hair with the towel, I almost gave him a standing ovation and almost shouted 'BRAVO! BRAVO!' with tears rolling down my cheeks. That's how hardcore I am when it comes to Donghae.



"Wet hair suits you", I blurted out before I could even stop my mouth. Thankfully, he just laughed instead of lashing a string of teasings at me (which is what Jiyong will certainly do in similar situation).



Our seminars will be in different function halls. Donghae will attend the Cisco seminar while I will attend the seminar organized by software organizations to launch their new products.



"Done. How do I look?", Donghae asked after straightening out his necktie. I took a sharp intake of breath as I surveyed him from head to toe.



'You look like the future father of my kids', I thought. Oh dear Lord, how can anyone be this perfect?!



"Hey..", he snapped his fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my trance. His benevolent smile blinding me from all reason and logic. He is so dashing that I'm actually having second thoughts whether I should attend my assigned seminar or just guard Donghae with my life because women will definitely flock around him.



"Huh? Ah, you look good", I replied while diverting my gaze elsewhere because I swear, his cuteness overload is quite deadly!



"Let's go, I'll walk you to your seminar first", he offered his arm and I clung to him with a big big smile plastered across my face.



==



The moment I set foot inside the function hall, it's as if I entered a time-space warp.



The entire hall is like a monkey den. You just know that most of the attendees spend most of their time in front of the computer while stuffing their mouth with anything greasy and edible. I feel like I've discovered a whole new ecosystem as I darted my eyes left and right. And I'm the only girl here!



All eyes are on me as I walked on the aisle to find my assigned seat. I was breathing through my mouth as a horrible stench hit me emanating from....everybody. It's a seminar from hell.



When I found my seat, I thought there was solar eclipse because the sun was totally blocked off. It turns out there's a human bear seated at the side of the glass wall. I gave him a timid smile and...OH MY GOD, what are those creatures crawling on his hair?!!!. I shivered in disgust and made a mental note to murder my department head once I get to the office. How can he sign me up for this?



This is MADNESS.



The first few minutes of the discussion is enough to put me in a deep coma. I thought an hour already passed. Apparently, time stands still on this part of Korea.



I can't even focus on the speakers since I was busy battling the foul odor to keep my consciousness. What do these people eat, for Pete's sake! It's like fermentation is actively happening on everyone's armpit!



I firmly held my pen and scribbled furiously on my notebook.



"Hello", my seatmate leaned over and greeted me, almost knocking me off cold with his bad breath. GAAHHDD!!



"H-Hi", I politely replied, while discreetly reclining back. He reminds me of Murlocs, you know the humanoid fish creatures from World of Warcraft that annoyingly screams BLWLRRLLRRRRL while chasing your with their spears? I'm itching to kill him already.



"There are no reshuffling of seats, right? You're my seatmate again tomorrow", he mysteriously said like he's hinting a bad omen. The way he looks at me is quite disturbing.



Murloc is the one sitting at my left. Sitting at my right is an entirely different, but equally disgusting, piece of art. Let's call him Orc, because he does look like one. He seems to be the type that will maniacally smash everything in sight whenever he feels like it. And oh, he stinks as well, making it more awesome.



This is proving to be a potential hazard to my health. It took my entire energy and willpower to stay alive for the duration of the seminar.



Jiyonnngggggg!!!!!! ~ ~, I was screaming his name in my head in frustration. It's really odd that he's the first one that entered my mind.



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



At last, the day of pure torture comes to an end! The thing that I'm looking forward to is finally here - sleeping with Donghae!! KYAAHHH!!!!!



As I was waiting for him to return to our suite, I fumbled through my bag for my mobile phone to call Bom. That's when I realized I left my phone on the bedside table in my apartment. Bummer. I didn't notice that it was missing this morning since we used Donghae's phone to play the music in his car.



I used the hotel's phone instead to call her. She answered in just a few rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter