28. Hours

Please help me,I need you

,,I’m sorry,I can’t I’m flooded with schedule.”

Howon talked over a phone while Krystal searched some papers like crazy.

,,Yeah,since new year came we’re full. I’ll see for EXID. And yeah don’t worry,he can do that movie. Yeah,yeah. I’m planning a comeback for them..”

,,Boss,I’ve found it.” Krystal handed him some papers. Howon looked at her thankfully and she bowed.

When he was done with his talk,he looked around the office,tired. It’s been only couple of days into a new year and they’re always busy at that time of a year. Too busy.

,,Would you like some coffee?” Krystal knocked once again on the door. Howon smiled and nodded. Then his phone rang again. It was that person again.

,,Hello?” He answered.

,,Happy New Year. I guess you’re working.”

,,Thank you and happy New Year to you too. We’re always in work.”

,,I’m glad to hear that. So,how are you improving?”

,,I’m working on it.”

,,You know I’ll do everything in my power to help you. But this just sounds interesting and if you don’t do it,they will do everything in their power to replace you.”

,,I understand it very well. It goes the same for you.”

,,How come?”

,,Remember I’m the boss and I hold most of the shares.”

,,Hahaha,my dear Howon. You have around 20 shareholders.”

,,So?”

,,Imagine what would happen if they all united against you. Then,I can’t save you.”

,,Why can’t you?”

,,Because I’ll be one of them,hahahahahahha.”

Then he hung up. Howon looked pissed off. He threw his phone on his desk and cursed.

,,Sir,your coffee.” Krystal entered again. He immediately calmed down and looked at her pretty presence.

,,Thank you. You look nice today.” He said as he took his coffee. Krystal blushed a bit.

,,Thank you,sir.”

,,Where did you go for a New year?”

,,Actually,nowhere. I had work in here.”

,,What? Really?”

,,Yeah… Choi manager called me to take care of something in a hotel instead of her.”

,,You’re not even in charge of a hotel.”

,,I know,but I had to help.”

,,You’re my secretary not hers.”

,,It’s okay,sir. I wouldn’t go anywhere anyways.” Krystal showed little smile.

,,I see.. Then,leave your desk now,you’re on a vacation for next 2 weeks.”

,,W-What?”

,,You will receive your plane ticket and go anywhere you’d like to go.”

,,Sir,I-”

,,Everything’s on me,don’t worry. Hotel,trip,food,plane,everything.”

,,But,sir,I don’t need to-”

,,Just listen to what I say. You’ve been working for me for years and I never gave you decent rest. Now use this. Please. Take this as my gift.”

Krystal blushed and immediately bowed.

,,T-Thank you,sir.. I don’t know what to say…”

,,You don’t have to say anything. Just send me a postcard,will you?”

,,I will.” Krystal smiled brightly and bowed once again. After that,she left his office,never happier. Howon dialed a number.

,,Get me Choi manager.”

After a few seconds,he heard a voice.

,,Yes,sir?”

,,You’re fired.”

=====

,,Ji Won,you’re eating a lot these days.”

I looked at Dongwoo and Woohyun looking at me. My mouth were full and I just kept on stuffing food in them.

,,It’s just….there’s a lot to eat...these days.” I felt really hungry these days and since it’s holidays,there’s a lot of food.

,,Yaah,you’ll get fat.”

,,And you will still like me if I do?”

,,Hahaha,of course.” Woohyun pinched my cheek. And I’ve become cheesy and greasy more than ever. Well,it’s Woohyun’s fault after all.

,,Aishh,I get sick just by looking at you two.” Dongwoo was about to go away from the table when he saw Sungyeol and Ji Ae entering.

,,We’re back.” Sungyeol held Ji Ae’s hand. Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

,,How come you’re all in a relationship and I’m still single?” He made a sad face.

,,Oppa,I’m sure you’ll find a girl. Look how much girls are after you in your university. Why don’t you choose one?”

,,I can’t do it like that… I want to find a girl I’ll like,not choose… I hope she will show one day…”

,,Don’t worry,Oppa,you’re so handsome I’m sure she is already somewhere around.” I winked to him. Dongwoo smiled,with his wide smile. Just this guy can’t ever feeling down longer than 2 minutes. That’s why I like him so much.

,,Anyways,Ji Won,when are you going to call those guys again?”

I looked at Sungyeol.

,,W-What guys?”

,,You know,the one that celebrated Christmas with us. That Myungsoo guy is very funny.” Sungyeol giggled and Ji Ae looked at him.

,,I agree,Sungjong is super cute,I wanna see him again.” Ji Ae said while smiling as well. Now,Sungyeol looked at her.

,,Yaah,you shouldn’t be like this!”

,,Like what?”

,,Mentioning other guy in front of me.”

,,Pff,why can’t I?”

,,Because I’m the only one you can mention.” Dongwoo,Woohyun and me started giggling. Ji Ae was about to burst out of laugh while Sungyeol looked at us.

,,What?”

,,Listen Oppa,these days you’re mentioning Myungsoo too much,I even wonder if you’re thinking of me as your girlfriend.”

,,I-I’m not!”

,,And Jongie is really sweet,I like him,so don’t complain.”

,,Yaaah!”

Ji Ae stood from the table and went out. Sungyeol ran after her.

,,Yaah,wait for me!”

,,Pff,they’re so funny. I hope they don’t see us the way we see them.” Woohyung giggled. I sighed. I remember the awkward tension between him and Sunggyu for the Christmas. I’m so glad that part of the year is over.

Especially,when at one moment,Sunggyu came to me. I was standing on the balcony,trying to take some fresh air and release nervous energy.

,,Merry Christmas.” At that moment Sunggyu came. I turned my head and saw him. He looked little messy. He didn’t shave his beard,so little hair could be visible around his mouth. And also,his hair was little bit messy and grown. Not to mention the hair dye already grew a bit from the top of his head. And he wore all dark clothes. Still,even like this I found him very hot. I clenched my fists and tried not to say or do something stupid.

,,Merry Christmas.”

,,How are you?”

,,I’m fine… And you?”

,,I had better days.” He smiled a bit and looked down. His hand,that was in his pocket,slowly reached the bridge of his nose and touched it.

,,You look...tired.”

,,And I’m glad you look all better.” He returned his hand in his pocket and looked at me with an smile.

,,I-I am.” I needed to look away for a second,because my heart started to beat really fast when he looked at me like that.

,,I didn’t see you since when you were in a hospital.”

,,Yeah… I’m sorry because you had to see me like that.”

,,No,don’t be. I had to see you…”

I looked down on the floor and he looked around.

,,I’m sorry,Sunggyu but my boyfriend is here. Please don’t say that now.” I wanted to go inside,but he stopped me.

,,You’re killing me,Ji Won,you know that. The reason why I’m like this… is you.” He said quietly and I still couldn’t face him.

,,I...I’m sorry.” I said and basically run inside. I’m such a ,I know better than anyone. But I don’t know what to do. If I was there any longer,I’d jump into his arms and won’t be able to let go.

,,Are you okay? You look pale.” Woohyun neared me and gently caressed my cheek.

,,I’ll be fine. I’m just… feeling little bit dizzy.”

,,Do you want to lay down for a moment.”

,,no just let me… drink some water.” Woohyun went to the kitchen and fill a glass with water. He brought it to me then.

,,Thank you.” I looked at him and smiled. He kissed my forehead.

,,Just sit then.”

When I remember it,it just makes this weird feeling go down my spine. Why is this life so unfair? How can anyone normal love two men? I looked at Woohyun and how he was smiley and all while he was eating his cereal. He looked so hot and just it makes me smile every time. But what if it was Sunggyu? I imagine Sunggyu eating cereal like him and smiling and all. Suddenly,I felt so sad and so angry at myself that I wanted to escape.

,,Hey,are you alright?” Woohyun asked me and made me wake up from my thoughts.

,,Uhm,I am,don’t worry.” I smiled and continued to eat mine. Let’s just hope everything will be alright soon. I really hope so.

=====

,,Jong-ah open the door!”

,,Yes,Hyung!” Sungjong jumped happily to the ringing door. He opened it all excited,just to have his smile flopped few a second later.

,,Oh,hi… Noona…”

,,I heard you moved in here. I guess he really desperately wanted to be near me.” Eun Ji started to giggle and entered their dorm without even asking Sungjong. Sungjong followed after her and was determined to somehow get her out.

,,So,where is my Sunggyu?”

,,He…… is not here.”

,,I don’t believe you. SUNGG-”

,,Yayayaya,what do you think you’re doing,Noona?” Sungjong hurried and covered before she started to scream Sunggyu’s name.

,,I’m calling to see where he is.”

,,Do you think you’re in a jungle? We have neighbors!”

,,I’m your neighbor.”

,,Yes,but you’re not the only one.”

,,But,there’s only two apartments on this floor.”

,,...Yes,but with your loud screaming I’m sure neighbors under us will hear. And the ones under them as well.”

,,Yaah,aren’t I 6 years older than you?”

,,No,actually,you’re 4 years…”

,,...Same thing! I’m still older,how can you talk to me like that?”

,,I was being polite-”

,,No,you weren’t!” Sungjong rolled his eyes and started to feel really annoyed. He totally forgot how annoying Eun Ji could be.

,,What’s going on?” Myungsoo came out the kitchen and Sungjong felt relieved. Myungsoo’s eyes went wide open when he saw Eun Ji.

,,Eun Ji! I would lie if I said I’m glad to see you.” Myungsoo said with a smile. Sungjong showed little smile.

,,Pfff,say what you want,I didn’t even came to see you.”

,,I know who you came to see,and I am deeply feeling sad for him.”

,,Say what you want,but I’m not leaving until I see him.”

Eun Ji crossed her arms. Myungsoo facepalmed and Sungjong sighed.

,,Well,Hyung is not currently in here,so when he comes we will call you.” Sungjong tried to politely ask her to go.

,,No. You won’t call me.”

,,At least you know it yourself.” Myungsoo added while sitting on the couch. Sungjong looked in his way telling him to shut up with his eyes. Myungsoo giggled and opened a can of a beer.

,,We will tell him and he will call you,don’t worry. I’m sure he… can’t wait to see you.”

,,Okay then. Since you said this,I trust you Sungjong.” She showed little smile and walked to the door. She opened and slammed the door so hard everything in apartment started to shake.

,,Geez,what annoying . I wouldn’t date her even if I was forced with guns.”

,,I know right?” Sungjong sat next to Myungsoo. In that moment,Sunggyu came out the bathroom.

,,Wow,what a good shower.” He looked at Myungsoo and Sungjong that didn’t say anything.

,,What? Did I say something wrong again?”

Sunggyu was in disbelief when he heard what just happened.

,,I’m screwed. Aish,I should just break up with her soon.”

,,Good luck with that.” Myungsoo said as he took a sip of his beer.

,,Give me one as well.” Myungsoo threw another can to Sunggyu.

,,To think that fans like it because you’re dating.” Myungsoo giggled a bit.

,,Don’t even mention it. I’m so sick of it,I will surely tell Howon I can’t continue like this anymore. Anyways we ‘’dated’’ enough,it’s time to ‘’break up’’.”

,,We support you,Hyung.” Sungjong tapped Sunggyu’s shoulder.

,,Don’t worry ,everything will resolve it’s way.”

,,I can’t wait anymore. I’m going to see Howon.” Sunggyu stood up and hurried outside,just grabbing his jacket.

He sat into his car he recently bought and drove all the way to the Woollim entertainment. When he arrived,he hurried inside and didn’t even bother to listen to Krystal,telling him Howon is busy currently.

He opened his door,seeing Howon on the phone.

,,Hyung.” Sunggyu started.

,,I understand,just I will call you later.” Howon finished his call and looked at Sunggyu.

,,I’m really busy right now. Can’t you save what you have for later?”

,,No. I’m telling you right now. Eun Ji and me need to break up.”

,,You couldn’t wait to say that to me later?”

,,No. Because tomorrow,I want whole internet to say that we broke up. No more anything. Finished.”

,,I understand. But why did you decide like this?”

,,I hope you understand why.”

,,I see. Well,I need to thank you once again for saving me troubles. I’m really owe you one.”

,,No you don’t. You did lots of things for me.”

,,Don’t worry about the news. I will call everyone now.”
,,Thank you. I won’t keep you any longer. Just continue with your work.” Sunggyu bowed and with a huge smile,he went out Howon’s office. The moment Sunggyu went out,Howon dialed a number.

,,Keep a close eye on him. Whatever pictures you need to take,just take.”

,,I understand sir.”

Howon looked outside the window. He didn’t mind the break up announcement,but he felt like Sunggyu was planning something. He didn’t want to risk anything about his plans. He will do whatever it takes to make him realize them. But,slowly he felt bad for what’s he’s doing.

Howon sighed.

,,I’m sorry but I just… must do it.”

=====

It was early in the morning. The strong ringing sound of my phone woke me up.

,,Hmnmhmn….” I murmured through my sleepy mouth. I looked at the phone and immediately felt awake.

,,Why Sunggyu?” I sat on the bed and hurried to answer the phone.

,,H-Hello?”

,,Ji Won… I’m sorry,I woke you up.”

,,No,you didn’t,I woke up 10 minutes ago.” I lied while hiding my yawn with my hand.

,,Great then… Uhm,I need to tell you something. Can we meet?”

,,Now?”

,,Yes,now. I will message you the address. I’m waiting for you.” He hung up and I got a message minute later. I hesitated should I go or not,but since he’s already waiting I decided to go.

It took me couple of minutes to wash and dress,but after it I was on my way to some hotel he set up for us to meet. When I was in front of it,my jaw almost dropped. Apparently it’s an 4-star hotel. I gulped,wondering if this was actually a smart idea to do.

,,Please don’t make me regret this.” I closed and opened my eyes before I entered. Soon I was on the requested floor and heading towards the room he was in. I sighed once again before I knocked on it.

,,Who is it?”

,,It’s me,Sunggyu.” Few seconds later,he opened the door. His hair dye was new,beard was taken care off and he wore bright clothes and the morning sun made him even more bright. I felt my heart skipping in all kind of ways,but always being so fast and furious.

,,Hi,please come in.”

I showed little smile and entered inside. Now it’s done.

,,H-How are you?”

,,I’m good.” I did feel good. After seeing him,I felt so much better. He was all normal again. I didn’t see him being like this in a long time.

,,How are you?” I asked to break some tension.

,,I’m feeling great actually.”

,,I can see that. You looked so tired and messy last time.” I smiled. He smiled as well. For a second,he looked like old Sunggyu. It was the same head gesture he does when he’s happy and smiling. I didn’t see that smile in a long time. Those little eyes becoming just a thin line when he smiles. And the way he looks at you after the smile. That was the Sunggyu I fell in love with. And he’s here again.

All those memories started to go in my head and everything just felt so innocent like then. His guitar and voice and all,on that bench or his room and just listening to it until I fall asleep. His support against my father and his love. I missed it all. He doesn’t remember,but I do. We were there.

,,I did? Hahahaha,I’m sorry hehe.” At that moment,we just stared at each other. The weird,warm feeling got into me. The same feeling I had when he kissed me for the first time. All these times,I was struggling. I was in a dilemma and couldn’t decide what’s good or what’s wrong.

,,Sunggyu… Why am I here?”

Sunggyu lowered his head and neared to some table with some food and juice on it.

,,I’m sure you didn’t eat any breakfast. I didn’t either. Please join me.”

He treated me like some gentleman. It looked so cute,that’s a bit matured Sunggyu than before.

I couldn’t refuse him and I sat. He started to put marmalade on his bread and it was a typical English breakfast. There was a coffee and orange juice.

,,Do you prefer cereal or marmalade? There’s even a hot chocolate if you don’t fancy juice.”

,,Sunggyu… You didn’t answer my question.” I looked at him,serious.

,,Let’s not yet talk about it. Let’s eat first.”

,,Sunggyu,I have some work to do at home,I didn’t say to anyone where I’m going and-”

,,2 hours. Just give me 2 hours. Then,I’ll let you go.”

I sighed. Then nodded. I couldn’t refuse him. It didn’t change at all since earlier age.

So,we ate and all,he talked about something,I talked as well,but he talked mostly. I was just listening mostly. After half an hour,we finished our breakfast.

,,Ahh,I’m full.”

,,Mhm,me too.” I must say it was a long time since I ate so much for a breakfast.

We stayed quiet for a moment,before I broke the silence.

,,So now-”

,,Let me show you something.” He stood up and gently grabbed my hand. I stood up but I was little bit confused. He never looked away from my eyes. His hand with my in it landed on his chest. Right at the place where his heart was. Me too,never left his eyes.

,,Can’t you feel it?”

,,W-What?”

,,My heart. I’ve never been like this. Probably,it was like this in the past. No,I’m sure it was.”

,,S-Sunggyu…”

,,Ji Won,...I… I love you.”

My eyes widened. My racing heart wanted to jump. Those words. You shouldn’t have told them,Sunggyu. My hand was still on his chest,but I turned my head on a right side. I didn’t know what to say and couldn’t face him. I was both happy and sad.

,,I don’t know when I started,I think I never stopped. Maybe my mind can’t remember you,but my heart and body sure do.” His other hand reached my face and turned my head to his way.

,,Sunggyu...please…”

,,I want to know.”

My eyes never left his this time.

,,Do you love me as well?”

,,Sunggyu… I never stopped.” I showed little smile. He didn’t hesitate more and slowly neared my lips and gently,it couldn’t be more gentle,kissed me. I closed my eyes and just let the moment go by. My hand on his chest slowly fell next to our bodies,but never letting go of each other. Soon,we let go just to hug each other. We deepened our kiss,making it more passionate,because we missed each other so much. He massaged my back and went through my hair with his manly hand. I hugged his neck and our bodies naturally pressed on each other. I was feeling like in the past. Just him and me and everything else doesn’t matter that much. I would forget about all problems I had when I was with him. The feeling of feeling safe was overwhelming me again and I didn’t feel like that in a long time. It was real! Sunggyu is back!

After the kiss,he looked into my eyes and smiled. I smiled with him. We ended up talking about everything. And instead of 2 hours,I was surely there for whole morning. I told him about some memories from the past and how he was like back then. We laughed and cuddled. It felt so amazing.

,,But what are we gonna do with Eun Ji?”

,,Problem solved. Look.” Sunggyu grabbed his phone and whole internet was about his break up with Eun Ji.

,,When did you decide this?”

,,Ohh,trust me it didn’t take much of thinking.”

,,I see…”

,,But...what are you going to do with your boyfriend?”

I suddenly remembered Woohyun. I’m at wrong,I know. But,I can’t continue like this.

,,I guess I need to break up with him.”

,,Are you sure you’ll be fine?”

,,Uhm. This is what I got myself into. I need to make things right.”

,,I’m sorry..”

,,Don’t be. Everything is going to be alright.” I kissed his forehead and after few minutes,I was on my way home. But the moment I went out,I felt sick and terrible suddenly. I feared of breaking up with Woohyun.

,,I’m gonna break him. What am I gonna do?” I tried to calm myself down,but I couldn’t. And that breakfast now felt awful in my stomach so I ran towards nearest toilet and vomited it all.

I came home pale and tired. And to make everything even more perfect,Woohyun appeared out of nowhere.

,,Where have you been?” He asked gently,and I felt so angry with myself. Tears formed in my eyes and I quickly squeezed them. How to tell him I was with another man?

,,I...had some stuff to do…”

,,You look little bit sick,do you want to lay down.”

,,No,I’m fine.” I passed by him,not even trying to look into his eyes. I ran into my room and tears started falling by itself.

,,Mom… please help me…”

=====

,,These are fresh. I must say I called my wife immediately after watching two of them. They were so sweet.” A man threw an envelope onto Howon’s desk.

,,Thank you. You’re free now.” Howon opened the envelope and looked at few pictures of Ji Won and Sunggyu making out in a hotel room. He then called some new person inside his office.

,,I will give you an address and you leave this in the mailbox. Then just leave.”

,,I understand.” Howon felt bad for what he was doing,but he didn’t see any other way. It needs to be like this.

=====

,,You’re so pretty when you do that.”

,,Don’t look at me…”

,,Oh,c’mon,don’t be like that.”

,,No way!”

,,Aish you two,move somewhere else..” Woohyun said annoyingly while sitting next to Ji Ae and Sungyeol in their romantic world.

,,I’m trying to watch this stupid movie.”

,,Yaah,Oppa,don’t say it’s stupid.”

,,Yeah,it’s mine after all!” Sungyeol and Ji Ae giggled and continued their romance.

,,Yeah,yeah,whatever.” Woohyun took a sip of his beer and continued to feel annoyed next to these two. He wondered where could Ji Won disappear. For past 2 days,she’s been really weird.

,,I hope she won’t start avoiding me again…”

,,I’M BACK!” Dongwoo got inside,having lots of snowflakes on his hair.

,,Guys,I’m so happy! Outside is snowing!”

,,Waaah,snow!” Ji Ae jumped of the coach and looked through the window and saw huge snowflakes falling down from the sky.

,,I missed it so much!”

Sungyeol hugged her from behind and together they watched how snow was falling.

,,Pff,what’s a big deal about it?” Woohyun continued to drink his beer.

,,Yaah,it’s cute! It’s making this cold winter little bit prettier.”

,,Yeah,yeah whatever.”

,,Anyways,I just checked our mailbox,there’s lots of stuff in it.”

,,Like every time. Bills,taxes,blabla.”

,,Yeah you’re right,but ooh,you got a big one.”

,,Me?”

,,Well,your name is Nam Woohyun if I’m not wrong.” With a huge grin,Dongwoo handed Woohyun a white envelope.

,,I wonder who could it be.”

,,I wanna see too!” Dongwoo sat next to Woohyun like a child next to sweets.

,,Yaah,I wanna look at it alone.” Woohyun frowned and left the apartment to go to his apartment. He closed door of his room and sat to open the envelope. Just,he didn’t expect at all what he was about to see.

,,J-Ji Won?” His eyes widened when he saw pictures of his girlfriend kissing another guy. She looked like she was enjoying it a lot and she smiled,laughed and hugged with that guy. And that guy was no other than..

,,Kim Sunggyu?” Woohyun looked at disbelief at the woman he loved more than anything. His eyes filled with tears. He threw the pictures all around the room and grabbed his head with his hands. Tears fell down his face and he felt so angry,so sad,so betrayed. He wanted to kill him. He wanted to punish her. He wanted to do so many things to both of them,but he just couldn’t face the reality. He couldn’t believe this was happening to him. But,it could explain her behavior. Maybe she felt guilty because she was cheating or she was enjoying it too much that she couldn’t face him. He didn’t know what he wanted to do first to them. But,he couldn’t deny his tears.

,,No,Ji Won… I love you too much,no…”

He fell on the floor and cried while hitting the floor with his fist. He had no idea this was happening. He knew about that Kim Sunggyu guy,how he was her past love,but he hoped with his whole being she forgot about him and moved on. But no… She never did. He was a fool to think that way.

Two hours later,he was in the nearest pub,drinking all he could find to drink. He didn’t care who was next to him or in front of him,he was just drinking and drinking,hoping it can somehow ease his pain,his loss.

,,She dumped you huh?” Bartender asked him while wiping some glasses.

,,Pffff… I will dump her. She’s a cheater.”

,,Omona… I feel you,bro.”

,,I wonder what he has that I don’t. That stupid KIM SUNGGYU!” Woohyun slammed his glass full of whiskey onto the bar.

,,If it’s the same Sunggyu we are thinking of,then money. Singers popular like him today really have lots of money.” Bartender chuckled.

,,Shut up… You know nothing.” Woohyun drank the rest of his whiskey in one shot. After 6 more glasses,he was wasted. But,he soon changed his drink to something else,drinking more and more and more.

,,Young fella,we’re about to close now. I will call someone for ya.” Bartender was about to help Woohyun,but he refused.

,,Ani...ani… I’ll go… by myself.” Woohyun stood up and toddle out the bar. He walked and walked,he himself didn’t know where. He didn’t know where he was or where he should go,but he didn’t care. He felt heartbroken.

,,Hey,student,be careful!” One woman screamed at him as he hit her with his shoulder.

,,Sorry… old hag…” He continued to toddle around the city.

,,YAAH,STOP THERE IT’S RED LIGHT!” He suddenly heard people screaming and calling for him. He didn’t knew why,so he turned around and saw people in a crowd calling and waving to him.

,,What...are they?” But before he could take a better look,with a corner of his eye he noticed a bright light. As he turned his head,he saw the light was nearing and was bigger and bigger.

Before he realized what it was,it was too late.