Thinking out loud

Days come and go

3 Years later... 
 
Jongin stood in his new room looking out the window, anxiously biting his nails and fixing his denim shirt for the hundredth time, unsure if his outfit was good enough, 'What if he doesn't like it?.... What if i smell weird?... Maybe I'm wearing too much perfume and I'll scare him off...Again' he asked himself pacing through his room never moving his eyes away from the window in front of him, suddenly a familiar car stopped in front of his house. He grabbed his hoodie from a chair were he had a pile of dirty clothes and ran off downstairs excited, his heart beating hard inside his chest while he opened the door of his new house and somebody was getting out of the car, "Jongdae!!" Jongin ran towards his brother who had a small puppy on his hands, "Okay, first off" Jongdae said taking a big breath and stopping Jongin from hugging him putting a hand in front of him as a sign for him to stop, "This new suburban slash hipster new life you're living.... I'm completely fine with it and I'm very proud of you and all that ..plus....at least you're not doing drugs anymore an
d getting checked up for STDs every weekend.." Jongdae muttered under his breath, "Hey!" Jongin punched his arm "I heard that!, you ". They both laughed. "I'm proud of you, I mean you got a good job... You're basically your own boss which is good, you bought a small and old house and renewed it, I'm.... I'm so happy i could cry, what happened to the Kim Jongin that i raised?" Jongdae exaggerated his expressions and pretended to wipe a tear off his face, "Lets go inside, its kinda chilly.... But first... Can... I.. You know .. ?" Jongin gestured towards the puppy , "Uhmmm... I don't know Jongin last time you saw him he got scared.... And you smelled like cats, maybe he will get used to it now that he is going to be yours" Jongdae handed the puppy to Jongin and Jongin fell in love for the second time in his life, he loved life and his brother, but that puppy, that puppy was going to be his life now, "Hi Monggu" he said looking at the brown poodle puppy in its eyes he felt how his heart melted inside his chest. After a lovely afternoon spent with his brother and Monggu he couldn't be any happier.That night he laid on his bed and wondered about the world, how big it is, how amazing it is that right now theres people waking up to a new day while he is preparing to go to bed, how in some places spring is just starting while where he is autumn is just around the corner. Monggu stared at him with a confused look and started barking at him , Jongin realized he had been still for too long, maybe Monggu thought he died, he  laughed and grabbed Monggu to cuddle him on his side. "Ill tell you a story so you can sleep," he yawned and began his story while Monggu found a comfortable spot next to him as if he understood what Jongin said, "once upon a time, there was a beautiful prince who wanted to travel the world, he was friends with a peasant from the outskirts of his castle, they were very close... But the peasant was, you know,... A peasant, and he was rude and was always drinking, he pushed the prince away. One day the prince visited the peasant and told him he was going to fulfill his dream of traveling the world, he told the peasant he was going to be back in two years," Jongin sighed and laughed a little bit "he never came back Monggu" a single tear dropped from his eye, "but the peasant changed and now he has lots of cats you know, and a very small and cute dog" he petted Monggu and kissed his head as he finished his story with a smile on his face and his eyes closed, "sometimes the peasant dreams about the princes big eyes looking back at him and his soft lips talking to him... sometimes I still remember him" 

 
Jongin had a cat cafe, it was the first one in his city, it was chaotic since he had to fulfill all the health inspections requirements as well as the humane society's requirements. He adopted cats who were old and had no where to go and he knew that they would be put down if they didn't get adopted on a few weeks. He called it a kind of retirement home for cats and a place were people could relax and unwind. Its was never too crowded which was good, the head of the bakery was an international student from china called Yixing and the head barista was Kim Minseok, a family friend. Then there is Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who are obviously in love with each other but none of them are doing anything about it, Baekhyun is a waiter and Chanyeol the cashier. That's more than enough staff, also Jongin always helps whenever he can. His life changed, he still has the tattoos and the bad memories but he feels happy now, and he has not been with anyone since the incident with Kyungsoo,  Jongin thinks about him more than he should, its been 3 years and he will never get over it, "Maybe ill die alone, i already caused too much pain to the person i loved, why would i be allowed to love again?" he talked to Yixing after they closed the store one day, they sat in the patio drinking a new coffee made by Minseok called "London breeze" a smooth combination of milk and tea with a few drops of Minseok's special brewed coffee, it was a nice afternoon the sun was setting and the temperature was just perfect for a summer afternoon. "I honestly think you are a good person Jongin, you just need to understand that sometimes things don't go the way we plan them to go like. Look at me, i never planned leaving China, I love my country but I need money and i have bigger goals, sometimes we need to leave love and dreams aside and focus on our lives and goals, its sad but i feel like sometimes love puts a hold on our lives... Like, when we fall in love we stop doing things normally, we act silly and we forget to function like a normal person would, and that feeling, yes its amazing, but its not for everyone"he shook his head and laughed "I'm just rambling random stuff , sorry" Yixing laughed and bit his bottom lip, if Kai would've been the one talking to Yixing he already would've flirted with Yixing or he would've done other things to him but right now he could not find that necessity to be with someone that was not Kyungsoo and that scared him most of the time, "I like talking to you Yixing, you're a good friend"  he smiled genuinely, "So are you Jongin, just, don't let this things get to you, things happen for a reason and you've done amazing things therefore you deserve amazing things in return" Yixing looked at the clock and jumped up from the table "!, I forgot, my brother is cooking dinner tonight..." 
"I'll drive you" Jongin offered "Really? Thank you so much, he is with his boyfriend ...alone... In my apartment, gross". 
 The ride to Yixing's apartment was quiet but comfortable, "What's your brothers name by the way, you never told me" Jongin asked smirking without taking his eyes off of the road, "His name is Luhan" and with that Jongin remembered... Sehun, "What's his boyfriends name?" coincidence? maybe, "Sehun, they've been together for 4 or 5 years now?, he is nice, why you ask?"  
 "i think i know him" he laughed parking his car in front of Yixing's apartment, "do you want to come in? We're just going to eat and Luhan always cooks dinner for 10, he likes to do that, plus maybe you can say hi to Sehun, if he is the person you think he is" Jongin played with the keys of his car  hesitant, thinking if he should or should not go and stand in front of a fragment of his past, "Okay" he decided 
"Hey Luhan" Yixing said as soon as the door opened, "I'm soo happy i didn't burn anything" Luhan said looking excited, 'so this is the infamous Luhan' Jongin thought to himself, "And his food is actually edible this time" a voice came from inside, definitely Sehun's, "Is this your new boyfriend?" Luhan looked at Jongin with excited doe eyes, "No" Yixing laughed, "he is my boss, Kim Jongin" silence struk the apartment, Sehun stood up from the couch where he was sitting playing a game on his laptop and looked at Jongin for 20 seconds straight without saying a word, Jongin and Sehun laughed at each other and hugged , "what is going on??" Luhan seemed confused, "nothing babe" Sehun said kissing his cheek and sniffing as if he was about to cry.  
Later that evening Jongin got to know Luhan and the story of why Sehun went MIA for so long. "He followed me to china!, can you believe this kid?? I'm much older than him, and he dared to follow me" Luhan looked at Sehun and ruffled his hair "you insolent brat, it was supposed to be a one night thing only" they both laughed gazing at each other lovingly and Jongin envied them, he felt the urge to have that, he needed that, but he wanted that with one person only, and that person was... God knows where. 
  
"what if he died?" Jongin asked Sehun after telling him the whole story with Kyungsoo and how he ended up opening his own business, while Luhan and Yixing washed the dishes, they stood outside in the balcony to have a smoke together after years "Nah... I don't think so" Sehun said letting out smoke through his mouth, "I'm worried but at the same time i think... What if he regretted it right after he kissed me, or what if he met, i don't know, a Spanish beauty and forgot about me?" everything was confusing and nothing made sense in Jongin's head, "what if he just took more time to travel the world?, the earth is pretty big Jongin" Sehun made a point and made him think about a possibility that he didn't think about before. "Sehun-ah... I missed you" Jongin pouted "don't get all cheesy on me please its disgusting" they looked at each other and smiled "I missed you too though, I'm sorry for disappearing, its just i  started to hate that life style and.... I fell for him so hard i cant believe it" Sehun stared at Luhan through the window and smiled , "I'm so happy for you, lets not do that again, stop talking i mean"  
"of course, i cant let you go now Nini" Sehun pinched Jongin's cheek until it turned red "ouch , you theun"  
"you still have a potty mouth" Sehun smirked, "Sometimes i really wonder what happened to taemin..." Jongin said  
"Google him, he is a famous supermodel or something, he is still with Minho though" 
"Good for him, I hope he is happy" Jongin smiled  

 
The store opened at 8 am during weekdays, they had regular customers coming in, elderly couples and some teenagers who liked to skip their first period classes to get coffee and look cool with their laptops. On the weekends hangover college students where the first to come in, they always sat in the back with their books sprawled on the table and a cat on their lap, typical Sundays. Jongin was proud of himself, and how much he achieved in a year, and he owed everything to Kyungsoo. "This is so typical of you Chanyeol, I don't want to talk to you right now please go away," Baekhyun walked inside the kitchen untying his apron almost running away from Chanyeol "But I'm busy that day! I'm sorry"

"yeah, you are always busy, i don't know why do i even try to be your friend sometimes" Baekhyun entered the staff washroom and locked himself inside it 
 "What did you do now Chanyeol" Jongin said from his office with a cat on his lap, "I don't know!, he asked me if I could go to one of his stupid concerts with him to watch him sing and I made plans with my sister, i NEVER GET TO SEE HER, SHE IS A NEWS REPORTER FOR GOD SAKES!" Chanyeol hyperventilated

"OKAY, don't yell, you're going to scare the cats and big boo doesn't like noisy brats that's why she sleeps in my office, right Big boo" Jongin petted Big boo's chin "Okay...sorry mister Kim" 
"hmmm...." Jongin gestured to the cat that was giving chanyeol dirty looks
"Sorry Big boo" Chanyeol looked at the white Ragdoll cat with an annoyed expression, "You need to understand tha Baekhyun is sensitive when it comes to his singing, you should know this better than me, singing is his life Chanyeol so of course he got mad at you...By the way, who is taking care of the register right now?" Jongin asked Chanyeol taking his eyes away from the computer, "no...one.. I ran after Baekhyun without thinking.. and I'm an idiot, bye" and in 3 seconds Chanyeol was gone, "This kids are killing me Big boo, why did I hire them" he massaged his temples while Big boo purred. 
 
Two weeks later they held an adoption day for kittens and puppies outside the store, "Take a cat or a dog and you get a free coffee and a doughnut" , the place was packed with people, Jongin had never been happier since he opened the cafe, "sales were great today" Minseok said after the event was over and business returned to normal, "Yeah, it was crazy, I adopted a puppy for Baekhyun, just to apologize you know" 
"Does Baekhyun want a puppy?"  
"I don't know, but he is cute like a puppy so I got him a puppy ....i don't care" the giant smiled and leaned on the counter besides Minseok and stared at Baekhyun "I wish he talked to me again" 
"You are so creepy Chanyeol, stop staring at Baekhyun" Jongin said standing behind Chanyeol and Minseok, "I swear sometimes I feel like I'm paying you for staring at Baekhyun the whole day" 
"I do not!" Chanyeol said flustered leaving the counter to go take a sit in front of the register were he , later on, will lean to one side and follow Baekhyun around the cafe with his eyes. "Kids this days, I tell ya" Minseok said returning to the kitchen, Jongin laughed and looked around the store, when he saw a man sitting in the patio sipping a cup of tea reading a book, black hair, big eyes, glasses for reading, short stature, it was him. He felt his heart racing as if he just ran a marathon and his hands started sweating, it couldn't be Kyungsoo. He ran to the kitchen to find Yixing sitting on top of 3 stacked sacs of flour watching a Chinese drama on his phone "this is not what it looks like, its just a trailer and I'm going to start working right now, sorry" 
"I don't care about that right now, I think Kyungsoo is outside" Jongin was pale and felt like his blood pressure was rising and dropping at the same time, "Wow, chill, ok, I'll go outside, you tell me who it is, I'll ask normal questions like 'hey do you like your tea, would you like to sit inside and pet one of our cats?, what's your name by the way?' you know, regular stuff" 
"NO!, i mean, YES, but...wait" he couldn't breathe, " it, I'm going out" Yixing put his phone on the table next to him, took off his dirty apron and went out "Baekhyun, i need your apron right now," 
"but I'm serving customers-" 
"NOW" Yixing looked at Baekhyun with an intimidating look and Baekhyun took off his apron and slammed it into his chest "I want it back with no stains or weird smells, 5 minutes" Baekhyun went inside the kitchen and Yixing put on the apron. He walked towards Kyungsoo with a pen and paper as if he was going to take his order, "Hello sir how's everything" Yixing asked the man sitting with an almost empty cup of tea "Everything is good, thank you" He looked at Yixing smiled and returned to his book, 'it must be Kyungsoo, he has that heart shaped smile that Jongin always talks about' he thought to himself, "Would you like to come in and eat a slice of our special carrot cake? Our baker here makes the best cakes in town, he is amazing I assure you" Yixing tried talking to him again, "No, its okay I'm fine thank you" this time he didn't look at Yixing,his eyes were glued to his book, yixing was running out of questions or ways to initiate a conversation with him, " I don't really trust the food here to be honest," he said when he noticed Yixing still standing next to him, "the fact that theres cats everywhere kind of makes me believe is unsanitary, no offense" 
"Of course there are no cats in the kitchen, the owner of store is a very smart man, he is always worried about meeting the health inspector's requirements and also all the cats are vaccinated and spayed so there are no problems, if you want to know more I can get the owner to tell you about how the store works" 
"No, its okay, I'll take that cake then" he smiled again, "It's on the house this time, may i get your name so you get a chance to win a free cake?" Yixing took the pen from his ear and the paper from his front pocket, "Its Do Kyungsoo", Yixing laughed a little bit because it definitly was Kyungsoo, how weird is it that right now Yixing is a complete stranger to Kyungsoo, while Yixing knows a lot of things about Kyungsoo only because of Jongin, "Okay I'll be right back with your cake, would you like more tea?" 
"sure, thank you" he said, and Yixing walked inside the store taking the apron off and slamming it into Baekhyun's face while he ran towards Jongin "IT IS HIM,OH MY GOD", Jongin's heart dropped, he felt dizzy "i offered him free cake and tea, is it okay? Sorry" 
"yeah, yeah, its fine" Jongin said lost inside his head, and without thinking too much he looked straight into Yixing's face and said "wish me luck", he got out of the kitchen, he grabbed a tray and placed a plate with a slice of chocolate cake (Kyungsoo's favorite) and a sealed packet of earl grey tea along with a cup of hot water, he walked towards Kyungsoo and acted as if nothing was happening, as if he was not about to have a heart attack, he stood in front of his table and placed the plate next to Kyungsoo's  book and the cup of hot water with the packet of tea next to it, "here you go sir, enjoy" Jongin said without looking at Kyungsoo just yet, "what is this" Kyungsoo said "I was not expecting this,is this a joke?" Jongin froze on his spot,did he recognize him?, "I thought it was carrot cake, not choc-" Kyungsoo looked up for the first time and looked at Jongin who was not looking at him, "Jongin" he said breathless, "Jongin" he said again standing up and hugging him. It was lot to process at that moment Jongin could not return the hug as much as he wanted to because Kyungsoo said he would come back to him and he didn't and now they are here, together by coincidence and Kyungsoo is hugging him and he is crying, and his employees are looking at him from inside the store as well as the few customers that are inside, "I'm so sorry, i shouldn't have done that you're working, I- I don't know what to say, do you work here?" Kyungsoo asked holding back his tears, "yeah," Jongin's voice cracked, "I'm the owner of the store" 
"what?" 
"Where were you Kyungsoo? You promised me, i ing changed for you and now here you are drinking a cup of tea without a worry in your head, while I'm dying, i searched around everywhere for you and you were gone, i thought you died, but no, here you are," Jongin took a seat in front of Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo sat back down, they both stared down to the floor, "I, tried to contact you, but you changed your phone and you don't live where you used to so I thought you didn't change and you didn't want to see me again, You never kept a promise before that's why I couldn't believe you would actually change-" 
"Yet here we are Kyungsoo, I ing changed for you, you know what, no, i did not change for you, i changed for me and myself. That is why I spent months figuring out how to open this cafe how to move on with my life, how to fit you in my life when you got back, I even..." Jongin felt how the tears started running down his face and looked at Kyungsoo who was sitting in front of him staring at the floor expressionless crying too, "you even what" Kyungsoo asked almost whispering, "i bought a house for us, I got a dog, his name is Monggu" he laughed a sad laugh, while Kyungsoo smiled, "I'm so sorry Jongin,I dont know what to say, i feel like i don't deserve this right now after giving up on you, i feel like you don't deserve me, you are too good now and-" 
"don't tell me you got a boyfriend" Jongin shut his eyes waiting for an answer, "No, i don't have a boyfriend, now" 
"What? You were dating someone?"  
"Yes." Kyungsoo looked at Jongin for the first time since they started talking, "I feel like we should talk about this in another time, You know, you're working and your employees and customers are looking at us right now, we're crying and it's embarrassing" Kyungsoo smirked a little bit, "I...Do you want to come to my house?, I'll go get my things, just wait for me here, I'll be right back"  
"okay, i will wait here" Kyungsoo said smiling and whipping the tears off his face, Jongin looked at him for too long before he got up and ran inside the store to get his things hoping Kyungsoo doesn't disappear again, "what happened?!?" Minseok asked as soon as he got in, "I-I-I... Something came up and i have to go,right now, immediately,uhm, Minseok you're in charge, don't let Baekhyun and Chanyeol burn or break anything and if you need help closing the store ask Yixing and if theres an emergency call me, okay? Bye" He gathered all his things from his office, he petted big boo and ran out and there he was still, eating his chocolate cake innocently , "how much do I love you Do Kyungsoo?" he whispered to himself. 
 
The drive home was surprisingly not awkward and they talked about the adventures Kyungsoo lived, how south America was his favorite place because of the amazon and the food, they also talked about Jongin's cats in the store and how he begged to his brother Jongdae for Monggu, "Hows Jongdae by the way?" Kyungsoo asked, "he is good, you know, he is getting married next year to Liyin" 
"oh really? Wow, I knew they were meant for each other, such a good couple" he smiled looking out the window. Jongin parked the car in front of his house, "Are you ready to meet my baby Monggu? You should feel honored" Kyungsoo laughed and slapped Jongin's arm lightly. 
 
Once inside the house, Jongin gave Kyungsoo a little tour around the house, and Kyungsoo met Monggu, of course they liked each other immediately, they sat in the couch in the living room while drinking tea and talked about small things ignoring the elephant in the room. "so, are we going to talk about it or not Jongin," Kyungsoo asked playing with his fingers nervously, "i think we should, I'm not ready but go on,", Kyungsoo took a deep breath and began, "for starters it was nothing serious, I was in Canada and I met this guy who was really nice, he owned a flower shop, I didn't have money to come back so he gave me flowers that he was not going to sell or they were about to die and I sold them in the streets, and then we got to know each other, we went out for 2 dates, we only dated for 4 weeks because i had to leave," Jongin looked at him with puppy eyes, "yes i kissed him" 
"did you, uhmm, you know, slept with him?" Jongin asked looking down at Monggu who was sleeping between Kyungsoo and him, "No, I-I actually couldn't, we were about to the night before my flight, but i couldn't," 
"why?" Jongin needed to know, "Because of you Jongin, I felt like I was cheating on you, I didn't sleep with anyone while I traveled because I felt that I still, somehow was connected to you, even though a part of me said you didn't change and you were probably your way around like always, another part of me said what if he did change? What if he is in fact waiting for me?, then I came back, and couldn't find you anywhere, you changed your phone, your address, everything, and so i gave up I said 'He did not kept his promise again' and I'm deeply sorry for thinking that way" they were both crying by now, Monggu woke up and left because of the annoying sounds they were making, "It's okay I understand, don't be sorry, I believe you" Jongin said grabbing his hand and kissing it, "I'm glad you're here now, i cant believe you're here in front of me right now" they smiled at each other for the longest time, "wait, did you sleep with any one while i was gone Kim Kai?" 
"Don't... Call me that...please, and no i did not, believe it or not, last time i had with someone was 3 years ago"  
"wow that's a long time, me too" Kyungsoo snorted and intertwined his fingers with Jongin's and scooted closer to him "I missed you" Kyungsoo whispered in Jongin's ear, "I missed you too baby soo, i missed you so ing much you don't even know", Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's cheek with his hands, looked at him again to reassure himself that he was real, and kissed him, he kissed him until they were breathless panting for air, Kyungsoo kissed his cheek and straddled him in the couch and kissed him again, he kissed Jongin's neck and sinked his hips down to cause friction between them. Jongin moaned in Kyungsoo's mouth every time Kyungsoo sinked down into his lap, "oh , stop, stop" Jongin said whispering into Kyungsoo's parted mouth, "we need to go upstairs right now"  
"why now, " Kyungsoo peppering kisses allover Jongin's neck, cheeks and collar bones, "because Monggu might see us" he said , and with that Monggu jumped into the couch and started Kyungsoo's face, and started barking at them, "well, my is definitely gone right now, that's fun,Thank you Monggu" Kyungsoo said standing up from the couch grabbing Monggu and going to the kitchen, "Do you have food Jonginie?" he yelled from the kitchen, "yes I do, I'm not a Bum anymore Kyungsoo," Jongin walked to the kitchen to see Kyungsoo grabbing pots to start cooking, "what are you doing?" he leaned on counter in front of Kyungsoo wondering, "I'm cooking dinner for us, This is my 'I'm-sorry-I-left-for-3-years-and-didn't-find-you-but-hey-we-met-each-other-again reconciliation meal', I'm making pasta, you're gonna like it" Kyungsoo leaned from the other side of the counter where Jongin was leaning, almost touching his lips "you're gonna like it so much you'll reward me with mind blowing all night tonight" he smiled and kissed jonging, "deal?" 
"deal." Jongin said with a stupid smile on his face, he definitely missed this. Kyungsoo moved to the fridge to grab the ingridients, and Jongin could not believe that his life was finally turning the way he wanted it to be, he felt proud of himself and proud of his achivements. He walked towards Kyungsoo and slapped his "i love you baby soo" he whispered in his ear, Kyungsoo turned around and kissed Jongin "I love too" he said pecking him on the lips again.  
 
Fin. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry if it was :( I tried lol

 

Thinking out loud is kaisoo's anthem so yeah ...I hope you liked it :)