One last kiss

Days come and go

In the brightest hour of his darkest day, Jongin realized what was wrong with him, the memories were hunting him, the remorse was unbearable, he realized what was wrong with his life.

Jongin's life has always been easy, he had the looks, the personality and the money to get what he wanted. He lived in a small apartment with a nice view to the lake, he never appreciated the view or the fact that he had a balcony for that matter, but he did. In his lifetime he has met ugly people, funny people, mean people, beautiful people, and Kyungsoo.

Before he could keep dying in remorse Jongin stood up, he put out his cigarette, and put on a green jacket on and decided to take a stroll down the park next to the lake. When he got there he sat in an old bench under an old tree. Jongin never made promises, but he will never forget the promises he did to kyungsoo on this bench. The air was soft on his face, the coolness was pleasant on his face that was getting warmer by every thought.  "I want to get out of this city, go somewhere new" Kyungsoo said looking out to the lake, his face glowing under the moonlight, "I want to run away from here, leave college and just travel the world, will you come with me jongin? " His face had a hopeful light. "I will be there right next to you baby" jongin said staring lovingly at kyungsoo, his face was glowing under kyungsoo's light. Now the sun is setting and he is lonely, he doesnt understand how everything happened, or probably he does. Jongin or "Kai", his alter ego, is a party animal, he enjoyed endless club diving with his best friends Taemin and Sehun, until Taemin met a tall man named Minho that took him away to London, he was a manager for Manchester United, "Kai! , im in love and im leaving and you and that sehun wont stop me" thats what taemin said after 2 weeks of meeting Minho, he left and suprisingly his life got better. Jongin thought his friend was weak because one does not change their ways for love because if a person loves you enough they will adjust to you, he had never been so wrong. Sehun met a chinese beauty named Luhan, he settled down and went MIA right after. Since then jongin partied by himself, until he met kyungsoo, well... Sort of. Jongin never changed, not like taemin or sehun, he stayed the same, "Can you ... Like... Not?, jongin please im trying to study" kyungsoo said lying flat on his bed , his nose was deep in his books, his glasses were crooked and his hair was ruffled, he had a big exam next morning, "But you know how i get when i see you wearing glasses" Jongin said straddling kyungsoo's hips from behind, he started rubbing himself with kyungsoo's when kyungsoo snapped "I'm ing trying to get something for myself jongin! How can you not understand that!, I need to pass this exam, I screwed up so many times on this subject just because you don't let me study properly, you always either want or call me from god knows where so i can come and pick you up because you are too drunk or too high to get your up!, IM TIRED" Jongin stood up and while thousands of thoughts and possible things he could say ran through his head his body acted first, and to be honest, he already had 4 drinks that day, he grabbed kyungsoo's arm and made him stand up from the bed, "Dont play with me babysoo, i don't need your ", but kyungsoo had enough " Let me go jongin" he pleaded once, "let me go you're hurting me!" he yelled in jongins face, but that only made jongin get angrier and stronger, "YOU ARE HURTING ME " jongin couldn't respond, he was frozen on his spot. "Can you change jongin? I love you so much, Can you change for me?" fear was written all over kyungsoo's face, and jongin's eyes were loosing their focus , "Can you change... For us?" two tears rolled down kyungsoo's face, "Please" Kyungsoo whispered more to himself than to him, jongin's grip tightened but kyungsoo couldnt feel the pain anymore because he knew what jongin was going to say " I cant... I wont change kyungsoo" kyungsoo started bawling, he was crying so much jongin let him go of his grip and kyungsoo grabbed all his books and left. Jongin went to his college the next day, he asked around for kyungsoo, but nobody had seen him, he didnt even take the exam.

A few weeks after jongin blamed it on kyungsoo, he went back to himself and forgot about his problems, he got a little bit more drunker than before, and he experimented with new drugs, he took girls and boys to his apartment, and he still felt empty but he didnt know emptiness was what he was feeling, he enjoyed partying and drinking, he thought he loved those things more than Kyungsoo, but he knew he was lying to himself, so he stopped that and spent a month locked in his room not knowing what his purpose was until kyungsoo called him, "Im leaving tomorrow" he breathed on the other side of phone "Leaving?, where? Where are you?" its the first time in 4 months that he heard kyungsoo's voice and he couldnt believe it was actually happening, "Im just calling to tell you that im leaving and that if you want to make things right ill be waiting for you on our bench" and the line went dead. Now there he is, jongin is sitting on their bench, the bench where they enjoyed many sandwiches that kyungsoo made, a couple coffees that they bought on the starbucks in front of the park and where kyungsoo smoked his first joint, courtesy of jongin. There he was, sitting, waiting and hoping, "I didn't think you would come" a whispered voice came from jongin's back, it was him, it was finally kyungsoo. "I thought you didn't want to see me anymore yet here we are" jongin said without making eye contact. A few seconds passed with an awkward silence and kyungsoo sat down next to jongin, "Im leaving, I'm actually going to travel the world" kyungsoo said breaking the silence with a smile on his face "I want to make things clear though" his expression changed to a more unreadable one, kyungsoo took a big breath and still felt breathless after, "I dont want to get back together with you, not until you change, or you realize by yourself what is wrong with your life and your decisions, I'm leaving for two years, that means that if you want to be with me again, you have two years to make things right" For three whole minutes they didnt talk, "Thats all I wanted to tell you, bye jongin" kyungsoo stood up "I will," jongin stood up "I will change, and i promise i will make you happy, I owe you so much kyungsoo, you are a great person, and i dont know why you are wasting time on me - "

"Because i think you are not lost jongin, you are just bored, and you have way too much time and money on you to realize that" kyungsoo cut him off, "you may be right, but if i know something is that i love you and that i will keep this promise for once, im sorry for all i did to you, im sorry i grabbed your wrist so hard that last time, im sorry for screwing up your studies, im awful, but ill make it up to you because you deserve it" jongin said, and this time he was the one crying, "then show me kim jongin" kyungsoo leaned in to kiss jongin, they kissed for the first time in a long time and the sparks were still there and they were stronger than before, they both knew they needed this, they let go and stared into each others eyes "Remember, two years" he pecked jongins lips and stared at him again for a little too long "Bye Jongin" he smiled his heart shaped smile and left.

So,two years are not too bad, jongin thought to himself.