Promiscuous

Call My Name

After yesterday's events, Hana was definitely out of sorts today. She stayed in bed for over an hour from the moment she woke up and wouldn't stop looking at her hands. She thought of Myungsoo and his eyes and shook her head, telling herself to stop thinking about him. "Shower..." she muttered to herself, ruffling her hair.

"You're finally out of bed, Hana-shi."

Hana blinked and turned her head to find Donghae in the room sitting on the opposite side against the wall.

"Uh...whoa! Donghae?! How long have you been sitting there?" she asked, flustered, getting back under the covers.

"I've been here all night. I kept watch over you."

"So you didn't sleep?!"

"I took naps every now and then."

"That doesn't matter, you need rest! – Hold on wait. Why are you even here?!"

Donghae stood up and stretched his arms with a smug laugh. "Why are you being all shy for huh, not used to having a man in your room? Come on, we grew up together. Quit acting like this."

Hana hid even further under the blankets. "You could've stayed outside or something. What if I was snoring or making weird noises..."

She heard him sigh and felt the blanket pull away as Donghae loomed over her. "I'd laugh and wouldn't tell you if you did, Hana-shi"

Hana huffed and grabbed her pillow and threw it at him, which he caught with ease. "You're awful!"

Donghae laughed and went to the door. "What do you want to do today?"

"I don't really know."

"Alright." He then looked at her a little longer. "You know...you slept for a long time. Are you feeling alright?"

There was a knock on the door and Myungsoo and Sungyeol walked in.

"Yo," Sungyeol said, smiling at them.

"You're cheery for someone who hates us," Hana muttered.

"After yesterday, I have a slightly different opinion of you. I've never seen anyone from Seoul cry over our people, much less anyone from the royal family. I kind of like you."

"Quit it," Myungsoo said grimly, elbowing him. He looked at Hana and sighed, not knowing why he got himself so muddled in his emotions the day before when he was messing around with her.

"So uh...why are you here?" Hana asked.

Sungyeol looked at Donghae and then at Myungsoo. "You know...I've been meaning to ask, Myungsoo. Why did you two meet up with your dad last night?"

Hana raised a brow and looked at Donghae. "You met with the king?"

Donghae nodded and from her eyes, it looked like he was looking for an excuse for something. "We were talking about different security measures after what had happened at the marketplace. That's why I have to stay with you more often from now since we are on unfriendly territory."

"Ohh...I see."

Sungyeol looked at Donghae and Myungsoo suspiciously. Myungsoo noticed this and glared at him. "Say one more annoying thing and I'll seriously hurt you."

Hana furrowed her brows at Myungsoo and got up from bed. "Where'd the Myungsoo from yesterday go?"

Myungsoo looked on quietly and rubbed his forehead with an annoyed expression and then ran his hand through his hair. "I can't help it if I get impressed after a simple display of your healing abilities."

Hana glared at him. "It takes years of practice and takes lots of energy, you know that? It's not some mere simple display-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

"Ugh, your attitude is still ."

Myungsoo tried to glare at her but his eyes wound up avoiding hers and trailed their way to her lips.

"Just when I was finally thinking that we could actually work together..."

"Yeah right," Myungsoo scoffed.

"Well what, you just came here to insult me?" Hana asked, looking away.

"No, your father is here to visit you. You and I are supposed to meet him. Get ready."

Hana gasped, "...he must have found out about yesterday. How did he get here so quickly?"

"Word gets around fast. Keep doing unnecessary things like yesterday and stuff like this will happen."

Myungsoo and Sungyeol then left.

"Geez, he's back to being an !" Hana snapped. "Last night he was being all normal and now he's-"

"Last night?" Donghae asked.

There was an awkward silence. "Uh...nothing."

"Nothing?"

Hana scratched her cheek awkwardly. "Well...he was somewhat nicer yesterday." She decided to avoid telling him that Myungsoo tried coming onto her but that was clearly just him being a tease.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo were on their way to meet Hana's father and the walk was quieter than usual.

"You're being suspicious as hell," Sungyeol said bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked him, glaring.

"That look again. Did you really meet with your dad last night to talk about security measures?"

"Yeah we did."

Sungyeol noticed the caution in his voice and decided to just remain quiet. Prying might actually cause him more harm than good.

"So, seems like she hates you again," Sungyeol said, changing the topic.

"Shut up."

"Come on, admit it. She's got your attention; I saw how anxious you were. You wouldn't meet her eyes."

Myungsoo remained quiet and Sungyeol sighed. "I've known you all my life, I at least know that much. She seems to be the only who can't seem to get your full attention. That pisses you off doesn't it?"

"If you don't shut up right now, I'm going to tell my father to strip you of your position."

Sungyeol smirked. "Whatever you say."

They ran into Hana's father, Kang and his escorts. Myungsoo and Kang looked at each other quietly, there was a feeling of distrust somewhat lingering between them.

"Hello your majesty Kang." Myungsoo bowed to him and Sungyeol did the same. "This is my guard, Lee Sungyeol."

"The pleasure is mine, your majesty," Sungyeol said.

"Mm. Hello. Myungsoo, is my daughter treating you well?"

"Yes, she's wonderful."

Sungyeol snorted and Myungsoo's eyes widened in shock and he elbowed Sungyeol in the side.

"Stop!" he whispered.

Kang chuckled. "Please take good care of her. She's very stubborn."

"Yeah definitely." Myungsoo then pursed his lips together, not sure if he was supposed to say that but Kang just laughed.

"It's seems like you've taken a liking to her."

"Oh yeah, absolutely!" Sungyeol added.

Myungsoo cleared his throat awkwardly. "Yeah, she's absolutely wonderful."

"I'm relieved. I was so worried about that girl. When I told her about the marriage treaty, she didn't even give it a second thought. You'd think that she'd fight for her own well-being but...I guess she's matured quicker than I thought."

Myungsoo pondered over that thought for a minute. That concerned side of her was definitely evident the day before.

"Ah! Appa!"

Myungsoo turned around and saw Hana and Donghae walking up to them.

"Hana!" yelled her father, opening his arms. Hana ran to Kang, giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you for coming," Hana said.

Kang glanced at Donghae's arm then looked at him. "Good to see you Donghae."

"Likewise, your majesty."

Kang then looked at Hana with a displeasing expression. "I'm sure you know why I'm here."

"...I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

"What do you think. Myungsoo, I want you to join us."

Sungyeol and Donghae pointed at themselves. Kang took a moment and shook his head. "Mm. As much as I'd like to have you join us...I'm sorry but this is a family matter. They may consult with you afterwards."

Donghae bowed without responding while Sungyeol tried to hold back a frown. He eventually gave in and bowed as well. "Understood, your majesty." Sungyeol looked at Donghae as he walked away. He really wanted to ask him more questions about the day before, but he guessed it would have to wait.

"Will my father be there?" asked Myungsoo as they walked towards the meeting room.

Kang shook his head. "He's busy with some things so he can't make it. I'm aware about your meeting with Donghae last night regarding new security measures. I trust that you'll be able to send word to him for me after what I'm about to tell you. I haven't been fully honest with you about our powers. Since you're both married now, I trust that you will keep this a secret. Keep in mind that if you do expose this, the stakes will be high."

Myungsoo gulped as he noticed Kang's menacing tone. He was right. If Myungsoo were to tell someone about the weakness of the royal family, someone would definitely take advantage of Hana and a war would break out. It would be a lose-lose situation. He nodded and Kang smiled, walking ahead of them. Myungsoo then glanced at Hana, who was awfully quiet and staring at the ground.

"Oi. What's up with you?" he asked.

Hana flinched and looked at him, her face was pale. "Oh...nothing."

"Whoa, that's not nothing." He placed a hand on her forehead and noticed that she was cold, unusually cold. "Whoa..."

She shook her head and knocked his hand off. "I'm fine. I'm just tired."

Myungsoo furrowed his brows at her worriedly and watched her walk ahead of him. ". You're lucky I even cared to noticed..."

They arrived at the meeting room and all of them sat down quietly.

"So, let's get straight to it," Kang said. He looked at Hana and noticed her pale face. "You're feelings the after effects, aren't you?"

Hana shook her head and patted her cheeks. "I'm fine, appa. I just...didn't get a good night's rest."

Kang crossed his arms and sighed furiously. "This is why we're not supposed to use our powers carelessly!"

Myungsoo's eyes widened at the sudden rise in the father's voice.

"I saw Donghae's arm. Did you heal him? The wound looks like it healed but it doesn't look like it healed normally, the scar looks almost too perfect. You haven't fully mastered the technique yet and here you are, trying to heal your bodyguard and some stranger from another city and then putting your life in danger!"

Myungsoo looked at Hana who was blankly staring at the table as Kang kept rambling on angrily.

"But this is my city now too..."

"Are you an idiot?!" Kang snapped, standing up from his seat.

"...Mianhae..."

Kang raised his hands in the air in annoyance. "Do you understand what's going to happen to your credibility as princess? You can't just use your power whenever on whomever you please. People could take advantage of you!"

"I know that already! I've heard enough lecturing from you and Donghae and even Myungsoo so I get it already!"

Her father pointed a finger at her. "Don't you dare talk back to me."

Hana sighed and Myungsoo cleared his throat, trying to ease the tension. "Um...your majesty...I honestly think your power is a gift and that it's a great asset. I also know that there are limits to how much power you can use. But, isn't what she did still a good thing?"

Hana looked at Myungsoo, surprised that he was trying to defend her.

Kang glared at Hana and Myungsoo shook his hands calmly. "I'm sorry if I offended you...but I think that she tried to do a good thing."

"Do you not understand the grave consequences of our power?"

Myungsoo clenched his fists, unable to say a word since he actually had no idea about the consequences.

"Then you have no right to - ugh." Kang groaned and ran his hands down his face and sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm normally calm but Hana, I'm very upset with you. Your aunt was going to come tomorrow to help train you and you couldn't wait another day? You're almost done with training."

Hana sighed, "Appa I'm sorry."

Kang clicked his tongue and looked at Myungsoo who was eager for answers. "Myungsoo. This power that we have isn't something that we can use whenever we want. There's a price that comes with it. Many have died overusing this power."

Myungsoo's eyes widened and he looked at Hana who remained silent.

"It takes a lot of energy to heal people. Overusing your power or using your power carelessly takes immense amounts of energy and without the proper training, you risk losing your life. There may be a gift running through our veins but not everyone can execute it properly. Hana is excellent at what she does, she just doesn't know how to control it fully yet and it could be dangerous to her..."

Myungsoo looked at Hana with an even more confused expression.

"And now here she is going off trying to use her abilities on people that she doesn't even know!" Kang then crossed his arms and his voice raised even higher. "Apparently you also used it in front of a whole crowd! What were you thinking?! We're not in Seoul anymore, you can't just randomly do those things!"

"I understand already! I'm sorry!" Hana snapped. "I know...that I'm not in Seoul anymore..."

The room fell silent.

Myungsoo muttered quietly. "You knew...that it would affect you...and yet..."

Hana interrupted Myungsoo and stood up weakly. "Father, I know why I did what I did. I'm not one to just sit around doing nothing knowing that I could have helped someone."

"Look at yourself in the mirror before saying something like that to me. You look drained. Tell me something like that once you've fully mastered our techniques."

"Right..."

Kang huffed and remained silent and walked up to Hana. She closed her eyes, expecting to get slapped in the face, but instead she felt his arms wrap around her body.

"Take care of yourself, please. You're my daughter...if anything were to happen to you while I was back home, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for not being with you."

She felt her father's arms shake around her and she smiled lightly. "I'm sorry for worrying you like that..."

"So you won't do reckless things like that again?"

"...I'll think about it."

Kang pulled back and pinched her ear lightly. "Stubborn child."

Hana laughed and kissed her father on the cheek. "Thank you for always watching out for me."

"Mm. I hope you learned something. I know it's hard living here, but we're supporting you back home and you have Donghae."

Myungsoo winced at the name Donghae and Hana nodded as Kang walked to the door, about to leave.

"You're not staying long?" asked Myungsoo.

"No, I only came to lecture her and to see if she was doing okay. I have my duty as a father but I also have duties back home. I doubt that I'll be able to leave my city so easily next time though. My wife will kill me if I don't attend to our matters properly." He looked at Hana. "Rest some more. Take good care of her, Myungsoo."

Kang kissed his daughter goodbye on the forehead and walked out, leaving Myungsoo and Hana in the room. Myungsoo looked at her as she sat down. She rubbed her eyes as if she was trying to hold back her tears and breathed out.

"Well, that was quite a lecture."

Myungsoo furrowed his brows at her. "You knew the consequences...why?"

Hana smiled at him. "I don't know...I guess I keep forgetting that I'm in a different city now. I'm not used to it yet..."

"...You really have a death sentence..."

Hana's smile turned into a frown and he huffed at her. The corner of his lip rose to form a small smile.

"But it's not bad. I'm sorry for being a to you."

Hana huffed. "Yesterday's Myungsoo...is back..." She slowly stumbled forward and Myungsoo broke her fall. "Ah, sorry Myungsoo..."

"Damn, you're completely out of it. You really need rest."

"Get...Donghae..."

Myungsoo raised a brow at her. "Why? I'm here."

"But it'd be weird...if you carried me back to my room."

"Wha-?! Your bodyguard does that stuff like that?"

"Well...he does it back home..."

"The people here are going to be weirded out if they see that."

Hana then looked up at him, those same eyes that were staring at him the night before looking into his once again. "Then will you take me back?"

"Don't be stupid! I'll find a guard or something, just not Donghae or it'll be suspicious."

Hana sighed, she felt heavier as her legs couldn't hold her weight anymore. Myungsoo watched her slowly doze off and sighed to himself. "No other choice is there...damn it."

He lifted her up bridal style and walked out of the meeting room towards her bedroom. Hana slowly opened her eyes and felt lighter. "Donghae?"

"It's Myungsoo, damn. Put your arms around my neck, they're dangling awkwardly."

Hana put her arms around Myungsoo's neck and nuzzled her nose into his nape. Myungsoo's breath hitched as he felt her breathe on his neck. "Girl thinks I'm Donghae...psh." He looked at the woman he was carrying as she slowly dozed off.

"Hana-shi?!" said a panicked voice. Myungsoo looked ahead of him and saw Donghae running towards them. For some reason he felt really really pissed off at his presence.

"Here," Myungsoo said grimly, handing her over to Donghae's arms with force. "You know the way to her room right? Make sure you hurry up so no one sees you."

Donghae looked at Hana and then at Myungsoo. "It's kind of you to do this."

Myungsoo glanced back and glared at him. "...and you're the worst kind of creature there is."

Donghae didn't respond and just walked away. Myungsoo clicked his tongue and put his hands in his pockets, utterly confused with his feelings. One day he felt like cursing the hell out of her and the next it was like he wanted her to stay by his side so he could help her.

"Oi! Myungsoo!"

Sungyeol ran up to him and punched his arm roughly as a greeting.

"Ow! Sungyeol, what the hell are you doing?!"

"You took too long! What'd you guys talk about with King Kang?"

"Nothing important, you're nosy."

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Whatever you say, master."

"Ask Sora to come to my room tonight."

Sungyeol raised a brow and stopped in his tracks as Myungsoo walked on. "Wait...what? I thought you were done doing those things."

"I don't care right now!" Myungsoo snapped, hurriedly walking to his room.

Sungyeol ran up to him. "What the...what's this all of a sudden?"

"I need to reset."

"Reset what?"

"My ing head."

Later on that night in Myungsoo's room, he waited patiently under the covers for his visitor, half . It's been months since he'd last done it. Before the wedding, he made sure to cut off all ties with any sort of 'physical partner.' He didn't mind the idea of having concubines but the Seoul family was strictly monogamous and fooling around while being married to Hana was more than likely going to cause him problems. His families were also mostly monogamous but the idea of having multiple wives wasn't completely frowned upon. But his brain wasn't thinking straight at this point.

There was a knock on the door and Myungsoo sat at the edge of the bed. A woman walked in. There was a small smile on her face as she saw Myungsoo waiting for her. She slowly started taking off her maid uniform and she let her brown hair fall down and she slowly but steadily walked up to Myungsoo.

"I was wondering when you were finally going to ask for me...it's been way too long..."

Myungsoo took her glasses off and laid it on the bedside table. It was the same woman who tried hurting Hana the day before, but Myungsoo never knew that happened. He leaned in closer but she pushed him down. He smirked and his hands slid up the sides of her body and she leaned in to kiss him but first, she put a finger on his lips.

"Why'd you ask for me all of a sudden? I thought you didn't want to do this sort of thing anymore..."

"...I've just been thinking too much lately."

"Hmmm. That wife of yours causing you trouble?"

"You talk too much. Shut up and just do it."

"But we haven't done it in so long...let's take our time..."

Myungsoo glared at her. "You better know your place. My needs aren't limited to you alone so don't go around thinking you're special. Hurry up."

Sora clicked her tongue, annoyed, as she leaned in to plant kisses on his chest.

Park Sora.