His Eyes

Call My Name

It's been three days since the marriage ceremony and Myungsoo and Hana haven't seen each other since. Myungsoo was busy with some local affairs that Hana had no clue about and all she did was explore her new home and its surroundings. She was relieved to not have been able to see him. Her first impression of him was ten below zero and she was damn sure she didn't want to see him anytime soon anyway, however; that wasn't going to be the case today.

"Hana-shi. Myungsoo and the rest of them are waiting for you, you should hurry it up a little." Donghae told her as she starting putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"I woke up late, gimme a break...but you don't call him Myungsoo-shi huh."

"...No, I don't see the need to."

Hana giggled as she put on her royal cloak with the Seoul crest embroidered on it. Donghae was also wearing the same one. She sighed and combed her fingers through her hair. "I don't think there'll be a lot of people who will be pleased to see me when we visit the market later..."

Donghae glanced at the door after noticing someone's presence.

"That is why we have plenty of guards coming with us."

Hana followed Donghae's gaze to find Sungyeol waiting at her bedroom door. Sungyeol glared at them and sighed. "I came here cause you were taking too damn long. Myungsoo is getting irritated. Keep in mind that you're not in Seoul anymore so you can't just go around doing whatever you please."

Hana walked over to the door with Donghae following behind her. "I get it already, sheesh. I'm already finished."

Along the way there were some maids cleaning and sweeping the floors, one of them in particular would always keep her eyes on at Hana whenever she walked by. She had red hair and glasses and even when Hana wasn't looking, she could feel her piercing glare. Hana ignored her but then stumbled as her foot caught onto the broom that was suddenly in front of her. She managed to catch her fall by latching onto Sungyeol's back. She heard the culprit click her tongue and realized that that attempt was deliberate.

"Whoa, watch your step," Sungyeol said, turning his head to look at her.

She heard chuckles from behind her and sighed. "Yeah. It's not like I had a choice." She walked ahead of Sungyeol and didn't see him look back at the maids and glare at them for being a nuisance.

"Hana-shi. Are you sure that you want us to wear our cloaks in public? Or even show your face..." Donghae asked her, leaning towards her unexpectedly, his eyes staring.

Hana felt her ears get hot and she backed away, almost running into Sungyeol who was behind her.

Sungyeol grunted and grabbed her shoulders. "Damn it, your-freaking-highness! You're awful on your feet."

Hana glared at Donghae for leaning in too close and he held his hands up innocently. She groaned and nodded. "I don't care if my face is exposed. I'll be fine. Wear our crest proudly, got it?"

Donghae chuckled. "Understood."

They finally reached the entrance of the palace to find Myungsoo with other guards and some horses. Myungsoo clicked his tongue at the sight of Hana and Donghae and got on his horse. "Took you long enough, thought you weren't going to show up."

"Still with that ty attitude. I know my duties," Hana said, finding a horse. "And I would have loved to keep this streak of not seeing you."

"That's what I was going to say."

Donghae sighed and put a hand on her head and looked at Myungsoo "You're married. Don't forget that so get along."

She sighed and Myungsoo rolled his eyes at him. "Whatever, man. Let's just go...jeez, I don't get why you don't just go look around by yourselves."

"This is for show. Your people need to see that this marriage is legit so deal with it," Hana grumbled.

Donghae helped Hana on her horse and Myungsoo watched Donghae carefully, reading his movements. Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo's curiosity and watched Donghae as well.

"Why do keep looking at that guy? Did you know him before?" Sungyeol asked him.

Myungsoo shook his head. "I didn't meet him until the day of the wedding. Same as you."

They had finally arrived at the local market and luckily for them, it was a weekday and it wasn't as crowded. Hana looked around and saw that the people there were living quite simple lives, just like the people at Seoul. However just as she had expected, not everyone was happy to see her.

"Make way!" yelled one of the guards who were with them.

Some of the customers who were walking around moved out of their way but Hana pulled her horse up to a stop. "I'll walk from here."

"Wait, Hana-shi. You're supposed to stay on your horse," Donghae told her, getting down his horse.

"I want to walk around a little bit. My hurts."

She heard Myungsoo and Sungyeol groan and they followed along as well. She walked around, looking at the different carts some of the farmers had prepared.

"That guy has been looking over here for a while now..." Hana muttered, looking at a man who was watching them from his vegetable cart.

"Ignore him," Donghae told her.

Sungyeol looked back at the strange man curiously and lightly tapped the hilt of his sword.

Myungsoo sighed. "What can you expect? Not everyone is going to be happy about this marriage treaty thing. We're not king and queen yet so it's still unstable."

Hana clicked her tongue. "I know that already moron, shut up."

"Wha-!" Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo back and he could only sulk. Their group kept on walking and greeted Busan citizens but some of the people dryly greeted Hana back. She decided to go to one of the carts where a mother and daughter were actually genuinely smiling back at her.

"Hello, Hana-shi," said the mother, bowing with a smile. Hana felt relieved that she had finally seen someone who wasn't looking at her so rudely.

The daughter stared at Hana in awe. "Your hair is really pretty."

Hana smiled. "Thank you."

She looked at their vegetables and touched them. "You must've worked hard to make these huh..."

The girl smiled at her. "Yeah! Appa tends to the farm every morning!"

"That's great."

There were sudden sounds of running footsteps and Donghae immediately blocked Hana from an attack. It was the same man that had been watching them since they first arrived at the marketplace. Donghae grabbed hold of the man's wrist, almost twisting it, making the man drop his knife.

"You-it's because of your family that my father is dead..." he said quietly. "Now we have to bow down to you? I will never!"

The man unexpectedly used his other arm and grabbed hold of another knife he had hidden away and lunged towards Donghae , deeply cutting and stabbing it into his arm. Donghae winced slightly at the pain and his grip on the man loosened.

Other guards who were with them along with Sungyeol ran towards the commotion and Sungyeol drew his sword. Hana and Myungsoo's eyes widened in horror and before they could do anything to stop him, Sungyeol quickly cut through the man's shirt and his back. There were screams coming from all over the place and the man's eyes widened, his voice inaudible due to the sudden pain.

Hana lips trembled and she ran over to the man, repeatedly saying "No" over and over again. She turned to look at Sungyeol. "Damn you, monster."

"Why the hell did you do that?! You didn't have to ing do that, we could've taken him alive! Think before doing something!" Myungsoo snapped, grabbing a hold of Sungyeol's shirt.

"I have to do what I have to do! He was the monster! If I didn't, your wife and her precious guard would've been hurt. It is my duty to protect you and your wife now, don't forget that Myungsoo-shi," Sungyeol said mockingly.

"We can take care of ourselves!" Hana said, looking at the man's wound. Myungsoo clicked his tongue and forcefully pushed Sungyeol away.

"Take that injured man away," Myungsoo ordered the guards. He looked at Hana and furrowed his brows. "There's nothing more we can do. I would've rather thrown him in jail but . , Sungyeol!"

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and put his sword away. "Give it up, Myungsoo. Sometimes there will be no time to think before taking action, remember that."

The other guards obeyed Myungsoo and went over to Hana and the man. She held out her hand and stopped them. "No, I can help!"

"The prince said-"

"I command you no! Just—stand guard or something, let me do this real quick!"

Myungsoo glared at Donghae , motioning him to do something and Donghae walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hana-shi."

She looked at the man in her arms and couldn't ignore the pain he was in. "No, I can do something about it. Damn, I need to stop the bleeding..." She took her cloak off hurriedly and ripped it apart. Donghae's eyes widened.

"Hana-shi, don't tear your-that's very expensive to make!"

"I don't care!"

The man groaned and attempted to push her away. "I did not...ask...for your help."

"Quit being a stubborn , I'm going to piss you off even more by helping you. How's that?"

The man blinked at her, astonished.

Donghae tried to plead with her once again. "You are not allowed to help mere citizens and this man tried to kill you! If you try to heal this man-"

"He's right, Hana," Myungsoo interrupted. "You're not supposed to just use your-"

"Screw the rules right now! He's a victim to our ancestors' problems. Just keep watch, damn it."

Myungsoo fumed and before he could go up to Hana, Donghae's grip on her shoulder tightened, slightly hurting her.

"Donghae...what..."

"Hana-shi. In a normal situation, I probably would've let you continue but think hard about what you're about to do right now."

Hana glared at him, but his gaze would not falter. She thought hard...even if she managed to heal him, it would take way too much energy since the wound was critical and deep. He would still get thrown in jail and the fact that he tried to kill her and Donghae wouldn't change. It was most likely going to be the death penalty for this man. He was as good as dead.

"But...he doesn't have to die..."

Donghae shook his head. "There's nothing more you can do. Also if you do this, the people will think you're soft and they may take advantage of you. You're a kind princess Hana-shi, but you cannot do this right now."

The man touched her hand. "Quit acting the hero..."

Donghae clicked his tongue at the man, but then the man lightly smiled at the both of them. Tears welled up in her eyes and her grip on the man loosened. Donghae sighed and slowly helped her up. She clenched her fists and they both looked at the man on the ground, who was closing in on death. It would only be about a minute now.

Myungsoo watched her quietly, finding it strange that she would cry over someone from his town, let alone someone who tried to kill her.

Hana looked at Donghae's wound and he smiled.

"I'll be fine," he assured her.

Hana sighed and used the cloth that she was going to use on the man and wrapped it around Donghae's arm instead. "I'll take a look at that when we get back to the palace."

Myungsoo turned around and faced his people.

"I hope this becomes a lesson to you. We have a treaty with the town of Seoul, don't forget that."

Hana remained silent.

"We should go, Myungsoo. The people are riled up and I don't think it's good to stay out here any longer. We'll have a few people stay to clean up this mess," said one of the guards, looking at the man's corpse.

Myungsoo nodded in agreement and looked at Hana. "Let's go. Word's going to go around soon and the people will get the idea."

After arriving to the palace, Donghae followed Hana to her room and she sat him down on the chair beside her bed. She started ripping apart the remainder of her cloak.

"Ah! Your cloak-"

"It's already ripped up anyways." She removed the old bandage on his arm and examined his wound.

"Hana-shi...I can let it heal normally."

She shook her head in disagreement and hovered her hands over his injury. "This injury is deep...think of this as a thank you for what you did today. I'm always saved because of you...and I couldn't save that man so...let me do this."

"You can't," he said, grabbing her hands forcefully. "You can't...keep worrying about a lowly servant like me."

She sighed and interrupted him, slapping his arm that inciting a small groan. "What do you mean by 'someone like you'? Just let me do this."

Donghae took in a deep breath and let go of her hands. A green glow emanated from her hands and Donghae could feel the stinging pain slowly fading away. He broke the awkward silence and muttered, "You shouldn't have tried to heal that man. What if your father were to find out?"

"I honestly don't see the problem in helping out one man."

"He was crazy."

She sighed and slapped his arm again, inciting yet another groan. "I know. I just felt bad...I myself love my own father and if I lost him to a pointless war, I'd be pretty angry too."

Donghae was quiet for a moment and responded quietly. "...I see...but you can't always make decisions out of mere feelings."

"That sort of naiveté will get you killed," said Myungsoo, who walked in on them right at that moment. He huffed at the sight of Donghae and Hana. "Didn't I tell you to avoid any sort of scandalous incidents? What if someone else walked in?"

"He's just my bodyguard, get that through your head already. He's also injured."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe. He looked at the ripped up Seoul cloak on the bed and looked at Hana, who was focused on Donghae's arm. Then his eyes widened as he saw the green glow coming from her hands.

"Are you healing him? "

"Yes," Hana replied.

"But isn't that something that he should just let heal normally? I thought you weren't supposed to go around carelessly healing people."

"Oh, so you've learned a little something about our abilities have you?"

Myungsoo glared at her. "Obviously. You should be more careful. I know that there's a limit to how much you can use it."

Hana smirked, "Aw, Myungsoo, you care, would you look at that."

Myungsoo scoffed. "Yeah, right. Only because it's my that'll get in trouble if something happens to you."

"And me," Donghae added.

Hana huffed, finishing what she could and wrapping the final increments of the cloth around Donghae's arm. She looked at him and nodded. "...sorry."

Myungsoo looked at the both of them and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Donghae glared at him in response and Myungsoo immediately looked away. "Uhhh anyways...don't do anything stupid like that again." He looked back at her. "This is the kind of world we live in, there's no time to play nice or hero. If you die because of stupid decisions you make, the treaty will be as good as null. I would've rather thrown that man in jail but Sungyeol is too skilled when it comes to swordsmanship-that man didn't stand a chance. So don't hold a grudge on Sungyeol, I probably would've done the same thing if I was him...I don't know if I would've killed him though. That Sungyeol...always doing too much."

Hana sighed with a smile, "You do care about the treaty and your people." Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and mumbled some incoherent words that sounded like a 'Whatever.'

A guard appeared at the doorway and everyone's attention landed on him. Feeling intimidated, the guard gulped and stood up straight.

"Uh...well, hello...uh, Donghae, you've been summoned."

Hana looked at Donghae, her hands trembled nervously. "Did I get you in trouble?"

Donghae shook his head and stood from his seat. "I doubt it, I'll see you later okay?" He then looked at Myungsoo with a warning glare and left.

Hana watched him leave quietly and she wrapped up her ruined cloak. Myungsoo watched and walked over to her, sitting in what used to be Donghae's seat.

"So, you got the hots for your guard huh?" Myungsoo asked.

She rolled her eyes. "I don't have time for this, leave."

"It's been bothering me. Why'd you try to help that man who tried to kill you?"

Hana sighed. "This again? I don't know. Instinct I guess...and I wanted to show him that the people of Seoul weren't all bad...plus he was victim to our ancestors' wars..."

"Listen, I'm only saying this because you and I are going to be together for a long time. We have to follow rules no matter how much we hate them."

She chuckled. "So you wouldn't have called off the wedding even I was ugly then?"

He shrugged. "Who knows?"

Hana lightly smiled at him. "You know, you're not so bad when you're not trying to kill me."

Myungsoo stood up from the chair and slowly walked over to her. She carefully took a step back. The back of her knees lightly hit the edge of her bed and she wound up falling onto it on her , but Myungsoo daringly followed and put a hand on her shoulder, pushing her down. He went on top of her and stared. She didn't move and her expression didn't change.

"I'm not so bad, you say?"

Hana glared at him and raised her knee. "Try something and I'm going to crush your balls."

"Pfft..." Myungsoo covered his mouth and stifled his laughter. Hana lay there, utterly confused.

"W-wha! Are you making fun of me?!"

"No, it's just that whenever I come onto girls like this..." he moved in closer, his lips lightly brushing her ear and he whispered with a very low tone, "They get all flustered and they absolute love it."

Hana was not amused and she pushed him away, but then she looked at his eyes, like actually looked this time and he raised his hands up in surrender. "Okay okay, I'm done. I'm just messing around, I don't want your guard to kill me."

Before he could get off the bed, she grabbed the sides of his face and pulled him even closer. Myungsoo blinked and smirked.

"Huh, are you coming onto me now?"

She didn't reply. Her brown eyes, peered deep into his. His heart raced as she drew in closer, staring at him. He drew back quickly, very confused and somewhat flustered.

"The hell was that?"

"Oh...sorry...your eyes...they look like..."

"Hana-shi, you're also being summoned." Myungsoo turned his head and saw that it was the same guard from before and looked back at Hana who had a confused expression on her face.

"Jeez, you're weird as hell you know that?" He then left.

Hana looked at her hands after realizing what she had done and slapped her cheeks. "What kinda answer...what was I doing..."

Following the guard, Myungsoo wound up running into Sungyeol who was off messing around again.

Sungyeol lit up at the sight of Myungsoo. "Whoa, where are you off to? I was looking for you - whoa, what's up with your face? You look pissed."

Myungsoo glared at him and didn't respond, still walking and eventually walking past him. Sungyeol groaned and followed.

"Are you mad at me for earlier?"

"No, I'm not." He then started mumbling to himself. ", Hana is one confusing woman...but anyways! Quit bothering me, I have to meet my father."

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. "Your father?"

"Yeah, go."

They eventually stopped at their destination and Sungyeol noticed that the king was outside waiting.

"Oh, hello Sungyeol," the king said.

Sungyeol bowed. "Good day, your highness."

"Leave," Myungsoo whispered.

Sungyeol nodded and left. He turned his head to look at the king and Myungsoo who looked extremely pissed off at his dad. His eyes then widened as he saw Donghae appear behind the door.

"Donghae? Hm, must be some meeting about what happened today..."

He then looked back once again and saw the guards close the door and stand outside.