Part 2

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2

 

The door was clicked open. Baekhyun entered the house. He switched on all the possible lights in the house, making the house lit all over the places. It became a habit for Baekhyun since the death of his husband. He felt claustrophobic staying in dark room. Darkness making him feels more vulnerable and lonely. Baekhyun then switched on the TV and seconds later the house was filled with the voice of the news anchor reporting some news. He padded towards the kitchen, picking up a glass and poured water in it to quench his thirst.

 

“...it is reported that today approximately at 10.00 p.m., an occurrence of meteor shower...”

 

The voice of the news anchor filled the house. Baekhyun didn’t even bother to listen to the news. He rinsed the glass and placed it back on the rack before moving his body upstairs, towards his bedroom. He needs a quick shower after a long day at work.

 

. . . . .

 

Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom clad in his pyjama with a towel on his head. Chilly winds made his body shiver a bit. He glanced towards the balcony, realizing he opened the sliding door before going for shower. He padded his way towards the balcony.

 

Baekhyun rested his elbows on the balcony railing. He gazed towards the sky. Not much stars could be seen on the sky, even the moon is partially blocked by the dark clouds. He wonders if Daehyun might be among the stars. His eyes spotted the brightest star among the others.

 

“That must be him”

 

Baekhyun chuckled sadly at the thought. But then his gaze fell on the ground, way below the balcony.

 

‘Will it hurt if someone fell from here?’

 

Baekhyun thought while his eyes still fixed on the ground below.

 

‘Will it be better if I jump from here? Only then I could join Daehyun...’

 

Baekhyun’s body was halfway on the railing. But then a very familiar voice in his head stopped him.

 

Stop it Baek. This is not the way.

 

Baekhyun slid onto the floor. His back leaned on the railing. His body was shaking vigorously. Fresh tears flowed across his cheeks. He sobbed pathetically while hugging his knees.

 

Wait for a bit.

 

The same voice could be heard in his head. Baekhyun shook his head vehemently.

 

“God... please help me. Please... bring Daehyun back to me. Please...”

 

Baekhyun pleaded into the silent night.

 

Never had he known that the moment he made that wish, was the moment the meteor showers start to appear.

 

 

Baekhyun felt something poked his cheek. He felt his body was covered with warm blanket, making his body warm and cozy.

 

Strange.

 

He swore he fell asleep on the balcony last night.

 

Baekhyun groggily fluttered his eyes open. There was blurry image of a man in front of him. Baekhyun kept blinking repeatedly until he saw clearly what was in front of him.

 

Baekhyun was left stunned.

 

“Morning gorgeous.”

 

The familiar husky voice invaded Baekhyun’s ears. Facing him was his deceased husband, smiling sweetly at him. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Confusion was written all over Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun slowly sat on the bed, eyes never leaving Daehyun. He then raised his hand and cupped Daehyun’s cheeks.

 

It’s real.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes started to water. Tears pooled in his eyes before falling down his smooth pale cheeks.

 

Daehyun’s face went from smiling into panic. He then grabbed his husband small body and hugged the smaller.

 

“Hey, hey. Why are you crying?”

 

Baekhyun sobbed uncontrollably on Daehyun’s chest.

 

“Don’t leave me. Please don’t leave me again.”

 

Baekhyun’s voice muffled. Daehyun was left confused. Leave? Again? When did he ever leave?

 

But then he chose to just ignore it and settled to calm the smaller and whispering some assuring words to Baekhyun.

 

“Shh...don’t worry. I won’t leave you. Ever.”

 

 

It was odd. Really odd.

 

Daehyun couldn’t understand why Baekhyun looked so vulnerable. Since this morning Baekhyun never left his side. Baekhyun was never a clingy type. He has a strong personality, despite the feminine looks.

 

“I’m afraid you’ll disappear on me again.”

 

That’s what Baekhyun said.

 

Daehyun decided to shrug it off. It might be some nightmares. Not that he complains about Baekhyun’s newfound attitude. Daehyun likes it anyway.

 

. . . . .

 

Baekhyun’s felt all kinds of emotions that morning. Relief, grateful, anxious, and afraid and some more emotions jumbled up in him. Who wouldn’t when a deceased husband of your came back from the dead and act as if the past events have never occurred before. Afraid of losing his husband again, Baekhyun kept following Daehyun everywhere, even to shower, trying to keep an eye on his husband.

 

That morning, both of them had their usual breakfast together. Usually it was Baekhyun who chatted away on random things while Daehyun just nodded his head once in a while as he listened to his husband’s rambling. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter