Part 1

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 1

 

 

‘and... Baek... I’m sorry...’

 

Beep.

 

The same words repeated over and over again through the receiver. A sullen figure sat on the floor, next to the voice machine. The said person hugged his knees, as if protecting himself from any possible threats. Traces of dried tears evidently stained his cheeks.

 

The fact is, he really missed the owner of the voice from the receiver.

 

Baekhyun felt hollow, lost and mostly... regrets.

 

Thousands of ‘ifs’ swirling through his head.

 

If only he stoop down from his pride and forgive his husband.

 

If only he stopped being childish and hear what his husband wanted to say.

 

If only he knew... that the last time he’ll be hearing his husband’s voice ... is through the ing receiver machine.

 

If only he knew...

 

Baekhyun swears he would keep on repeating ‘I forgive you’ like a sacred mantra.

 

He swears he would give the biggest and tightest hug to his dear husband.

 

He swears he would cherish every moments he spend with his husband.

 

And he swears he would listen on every word his husband says tentatively.

 

So that he wouldn’t miss a single ‘I love you’ from his husband’s sweet lips.

 

And not listening to endless ‘I’m sorry’ spewed from the voice machine.

 

If only he could turned back the time.

 

But time is a that waits for no one.

 

The room filled with silence. The only sound that could be heard is the husky voice from the receiver repeating the same words.

 

Ironic.

 

I should be the one saying that, stupid.

 

That was what Baekhyun thought.

 

Baekhyun still sat on the same spot, unmoving. His eyes were still hollow. The only difference is that there were fresh tears sliding down his cheeks, wetting the now pale skin.

 

Funny.

 

There should be no more tears flowing from his now swollen eyes, seeing how he kept crying for the past weeks since that time.

 

The time when he lost the one that he loves so much.

 

His lover.

 

His best friend.

 

And his husband.

 

Baekhyun curled in his spot, closing his eyes.

 

“I missed you Dae... please come back.”

 

 

Flashback

 

Baekhyun was happy. He has a decent job, a loving husband, a comfy house. In other words,

 

His life is perfect.

 

He would wake up every morning greeted with a sweet morning kiss from his husband. It was a routine for the Jung couple every morning. Daehyun would brew the coffee while Baekhyun will prepare breakfast for both of them. Their morning breakfast was never quiet. Both of them will keep chatting on this and that. Even gossipping like ahjumma next door, in Baekhyun case.Daehyun would chuckle in amusement every time his husband eagerly gossiped about his forever -faced single boss, and how he could feel the between his boss and the angel-looking secretary.

 

“It’s true! You don’t know how suffocating for me to see those two. Couldn’t they just admit it and just ed each other like rabbit?”

 

Baekhyun said, frown marring his face.

 

Daehyun chocked on his coffee. He coughed uncontrollably and his face almost went blue from the lack of oxygen in his system. Once he got the air back into his body, he checked on his shirt if there is any stain. Thank goodness there’s none.

 

Daehyun shook his head in defeat.

 

His husband could be blunt sometimes.

 

“Let them be. Time will slowly do its job to bring those two together.” Daehyun said while taking another sip of his coffee.

 

“Really?”Baekhyun asked sceptically.

 

“Yup, now stop thinking about those guys and finish your breakfast. We’re going to be late. Or else that boss of yours going to flip and make a hell outta your life.” Daehyun muttered as he finished his coffee.

Baekhyun pouted and finished his breakfast. Both of them get ready to leave for work.

 

They were happy. But not for long.

 

. . . . .

 

Baekhyun is an ambitious person. What he wants, he will get. And he will use all his willpower to achieve whatever in his goal. Due to his nature, he became somewhat a trustworthy employee, quoted by his big boss, A.K.A  Kris Wu alias the forever -faced dragon. Well, that was kinda invalid as dragons always have their -faced on.

 

Yeah.

 

 Forget about that and let’s just get back into the topic.

 

And so as I was saying, Baekhyun was tagged as a “Trusworthy Employer” by Kris and so the latter decided to put Baekhyun as a leader in an upcoming project. It is such a big project as well.

 

Baekhyun was estatic. He felt useful. This is the first project that he’s going to handle. And he will make it into a huge success. Trust Baekhyun and he will do that.

 

So the hell breaks loose.

 

Since then Baekhyun was rarely home. He worked his off for the project. He didn’t even eat properly anymore.

 

Baekhyun became a lot snappier since he carried out all those workloads and burdens being a project leader. He'll be pissed off even with simplest thing.

 

Daehyun could sense that his husband was getting distant... and cold.

 

. . . . .

 

That one night Baekhyun went home almost in midnight. He could only muttered a fatigue ‘I’m home’ and went straight to shower, without taking a glance towards Daehyun. Daehyun could see his husband fatigue figure. Heck, even a zombie could look a lot better than that.

 

Daehyun sighed. He went upstairs into their shared bedroom, waiting for his husband to finish shower.

 

. . . . .

 

Baekhyun felt a bit fresher after showering. He walked out of the bathroom to be greeted with his husband figure sitting on the bed.

 

“Hey Dae.Wassup? Aren’t you sleepy?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Daehyun let out a sigh and patted the space beside him.

 

“Baek, we need to talk.”

 

Baekhyun could sense the seriousness in his husband’s voice. He stuttered out an ‘Okay’ and plopped himself next to Daehyun.

 

There was a pregnant silence surround them. Baekhyun suddenly felt nervous. They’ve never been like this before.

 

Suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter