I think i'm in love

i think i'm in love.

After catching him sneaking a glance at her, Sooyeon could constantly feel his eyes on her, and quite frankly it made her nervous as hell. After catching him and him catching her, the awkward atmosphere intensified.

The atmosphere was the only thing that cracked the perfect image that surrounded them; in the midst of the busy Sunday morning, the snow was falling slowly, painting the city white, two attractive, stylish and seemingly perfect people walking side by side surrounded by strangers that could only gawk at them.

Indicating that they had to turn to the left, without saying anything out of embarrassment of getting caught sneaking a glance at her, Leo tucked slightly at her coat-sleeve, surprising Sooyeon at the sudden movement, she glanced up at him again and saw he was staring straight ahead. She gently smiled at his visible tension and embarrassment, and with a sudden brave decision she sneaked her hand inside his.

Leo went rigid for a single moment and then proceeded forward with a blushing painting his cheeks red which he tried to unsuspiciously hide, though he didn’t remove his hand from Sooyeon. For him the awkward atmosphere had sky-rocketed, but she was surrounded by an aura of mirth that he hadn’t pulled his hand away from hers.

Does this mean he likes me back?

He looks so handsome like this. With no make-up and his hair unstyled underneath that beanie.

He looks so cute trying to hide his blush; as if I wouldn’t see it.

“This is it”, wrapped up in her own thoughts Sooyeon didn’t notice that he had stopped. Like pulling her head out of water, she returned to the real world, and noticed the beautiful landscape before them.

It was an almost abandoned park, with only a few people around, the snow had painted it completely white. 

Like she had done a thousand times, Sooyeon looked up at Leo, to see him staring passively ahead.

Like an angel had just descended, the hair that was sticking out of his beanie was windblown, the cold wind had now painted his cheeks pink instead of the previous blush and with snow sticking to his hair.

Like she was compelled, her hand reached up and she laid her hand on his cold cheek. His head automatically turned towards her, eyes nervous but at the same time gentle. Looking at him like he was one of the world’s greatest treasures, she parted her lips “I think I’m in love”, and reached up on her toes and planted a kiss from her cold lips to his equally as cold lips,  slowly warming them up.