Chapter 1

Farewell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red = Tao

Purple = Kris/Yifan

Green = Luhan

(The colors responds to the person who is talking)

FIRST DAY

I was holding my ampersand pastelbord as I breathed in the breeze playing along the seafront of the pier. I eased myself on the ledge and settled the pastelboard on my right as I rummaged my bag for my oil pastels. It has been a month now since I came to China. I told my family that I just needed a little bit of inspiration before I'll finally leave them to work in Germany. But the truth is I just wanted to forget everything that has happened last 2014 and the April of 2015. I know that I am way to old for fangirling about idols and whatnot (I am 25 now and will be 26 in a few months time) and I truly blame my younger sister for introducing me to the KPOP craze.

I sighed and balanced the pastelboard on my lap as I started sketching the view in front of me to the paper. I was too engrossed with my drawing that I didn't realized three looming shadows at my back. 

???: Isn't that abit gloomy than the real thing?

I was startled by the voice that I almost dropped my drawing in the water. I clutched the pastelboard and looked back at the person who spoke, "You cannot creep on someone like - " I held my tounge when I saw clearly the three persons standing right in front of me. The fans who saw them really gave the proper description on their features and I admit they do look good in person. They smiled sheepishly as if expecting something from me. I frowned, stood off from the ledge, gathered my things and stared at them, "You cannot creep on someone like that especially if you don't know them. Haven't your parents taught you that?" The smile from their faces instantly washed off like that of the sea washing off the words written on sand. I was about to leave when the tallest grabbed my shoulder.

???: We're sorry about that, but we find your drawing quite intriguing. Sorry again for disturbing you, you don't have to leave. Your work is still not finished.

I faced them with a frown, "It's okay, the pier will not leave its place and I have to leave too. I have more pressing matters to attend than wallow myself infront of the pier. Good day." I turned my back and walked away as they stared with each other, utter disbelief shown on their faces. 

I sighed and looked at my drawing, "Why of all places would they show up there? Right when I was just starting to accept that things are different now." I huffed and tore the paper with my drawing and threw it on the nearby trash can not knowing that three people saw what I did.

SECOND DAY

 BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

I shuffled under the covers of my bed as I heard the sound of the alarm clock near the bedside table. "Why did I ever set the alarm when I'm clearly on a vacation?" I metaphorically face palmed myself. 

I left my bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath. After an hour of fixing myself, I gathered my bag and art materials and left my hotel room.

I trekked the familiar way, after buying myself a light breakfast, to the pier and went to my previous spot.

The meeting yesterday still haunted me and I prayed that I won't meet them again today.

I sat by the ledge and took my pastelboard and settled it on my lap. I started to draw the view again when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked back and scowled, "It's you three again? What do you want?" 

They give me a disappointed look which made me feel guilty for being mean but I stood my ground.

???: We just wanted to return your drawing. It's very beautiful, it's a shame you threw it.

I raised an eyebrow and took my drawing from one of them, "I threw it because it's ugly. People throw things because they deem it as garbage." I crumpled the paper as the youngest of them gasped and yanked it from my hands.

???: Why would you do that?! It was a beautiful drawing!

The oldest of them smacked the youngest in the head and bowed at me.

???: I'm sorry for his behavior but he is right. It was a beautiful drawing.

I scowled at them and gathered my things and slid off the ledge,"I'm gonna leave now. Good day." But the tallest grabbed me by my arm.

???: Please you don't have to leave. We are sorry for disturbing you, we just wanted to return the drawing.

He let go of my arm as I faced them. I saw that they were sorry and somewhat sad at what was happening. I sighed and gave a low bow, " It's okay, I'm not just used of having people hovering at my back while I draw, and for a couple of days now I got used of seeing only the old lady near this place." I gave a faint smile and was about to walk out but they stopped me yet again which ticked me off, "Do you kids have an affinity with grabbing people? It's very irritating. " 

The three gave an embarrassed smile and let me go.

???: Sorry about that but it's kind of strange to find someone in this area of the pier especially a foreigner.

???: Not even the locals could be found near the seafront of the pier.

I gave out a light chuckle, "Well I guess I'm just different and I like secluded areas. It gives me time to think about things."

???: Oh by the way, I'm... I'm Zi and this tall guy is.... is Yi and this one is Lu! We are sorry if we interrupted your thinking time.

I nodded and gave a smile, "Well it was nice meeting you then but I have to go now, so good day." I hurriedly left them without giving them a chance to grab me again. I took a sharp turn in a corner and went inside a familiar chinese restaurant. "Good day Mister Song, how are things?"

A wizened face peered out from under a wedge of a straw hat, which was the only thing on his otherwise bald scalp save a sparse fringe of white hair. His eyes were so heavly lidded and weighed down with the wrinkled folds that it was almost like talking to someone asleep, yet he was quite alert and gave me a warm smile.

Mr. Song: Good day to you too miss and what a pleasant surprise to see you here at this time. Aren't you suppose to be at the pier, drawing at your hearts content?

I sighed and sat at the chair near the counter, "I was interrupted and it irritated me Mr. Song that's why I left. I haven't even started to get the outline of the horizon." He patted my head and went behind the counter.

Mr. Song: Well then, how about a cup of jasmine tea to ease your mood? And maybe, you might get an inspiration to draw something bright and cheery for a change.

He turned his back on me and started to busy himself with cups and hot water. "Mr. Song I met them yesterday and today. They looked exactly what the fans describe them to be but just a bit breathtaking. The reason I left the seafront is because of them. I just get angry all of a sudden whenever I look at their faces even all they do was being friendly towards me. Am I being to mean?"

The old man faced me and pushed a warm cup of tea towards me, giving me a friendly smile.

Mr. Song: To be honest with you child, yes, yes you were a bit mean to them since they don't know exactly what you are angry about. But of course you cannot say to them outright that you hated them for leaving the group you idolized.

I sighed as I inhaled the cloud of steam rising from the cup, "I know but its just so... exasperating, especially today, they introduced themselves to me using the first two letters of their names, not that I'm mad that they didn't use their real names, but I felt that I don't need to know them." I took a sip of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter