*Carried Away

Carried Away

“Uncle...”

 

The little girl pulled at the rim of my black jacket and successfully got my attention. The moment our eyes met, those deep eyes of hers, I was immediately engulfed by their innocence.

 

“Uncle, who are you?”

 

To meet the curious gaze, I crouched down in front of her, her tiny hand letting go of the fabric. Despite the noisy traffic, there was silence surrounding us as I replied to her question with a simple, but sincere smile. The girl, still innocently staring and probably waiting for me to speak up, now raised her other tiny hand, made a tiny step forward and the white and fluffy prop hanging down my back and sides.

 

“Uncle, are you...”

 

That voice of hers, as sweet as honey. I cupped her tiny face, my smile not fading as she fell silent again due to the tender touch of my hand, my thumb caressing her chubby cheek.

 

“... an angel?”

 

I whispered, noticing the sparkle in her eyes. Moving slightly forward, the tip of my nose met hers in a mild nudge as her chubby cheeks now displayed a pink color, her tiny fingers having caught a soft feather that came off the white prop.

 

“No, you are the ang-!”

 

A mighty force pulled on my collar, my back crashing down on the pavement, painfully, while the little girl had not moved an inch, “What the hell are you doing!? Do you want them to call the cops on you?”

 

I looked up at the person, lying in his shadow, my face confused and showing all kinds of pain. The girl was now accompanied by a beautiful woman in her mid-thirties, probably her mother as she looked down on me with a slightly apologetic, but rather startled expression, “Stop messing with toddlers, we have a movie to promote.” Continued the guy, not bothering to help me up.

 

Back on my feet, I didn't dare to look up in embarrassment. But after patting my jeans clean from the dirt, I eventually managed to take a glimpse at the girl that was about to leave with her mother holding her adorable tiny hand.

 

“This ain't no freaking drama, what's wrong with these Shinhwa members… seducing little kids now.”

 

I heard him scold in my back, his voice fading as he left the scene. Looking at those deep and innocent eyes, I proceeded to bow my head towards the mother for my strange behavior she might or might not have witnessed. And an other bow for the ruckus my friend was making. Petting the little angel's silky hair to bid farewell, I quickly turned around to hide the pout on my lips and commenced running to catch up with said friend.

 

“Yah, wait for me! Isn't she the cutest though?” I shouted, sulkily.

 

 

 

Donghoon could be so harsh sometimes.

 

 

 


 

 

I totally read Haha's dialogue in that squeaky/hoarse/loud voice of his lol. Hope you enjoyed it despite the short length. I cry at Minwoo/kids interactions sob

 

Thank you for reading~