Spirit Week: Tuesday

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suhan


I could barely breathe. It had been a good 30 minutes since my encounter with Kai and I was still flustered. Darn it Kai! Why do you have to be so charming??

 

Ok Suhan. You don't like him. It's just a little infatuation. Yeah. That's it. You're just infatuated with him. That doesn't mean you like him! Of course you're going to find him interesting considering the guys back at your old school.

Haha, silly me.

And with that, I shoved those thoughts out of my head and walked through the front door of my house.

"I'm home." I said as I closed the door behind me.

"Oh Suhan!" My mother called out from the study room. "Come here!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why mom suddenly wanted me. I slid my shoes off and placed them in the closet beside the door before going to her.

I turned the corner and saw one of the most outrageous sights I had ever laid my eyes on.

"What...what is that?" I asked, my eyes never leaving the pink and purple princess dress that was laid out on the couch.

"Well like you told me earlier, since this week is spirit week and Tuesday is costume day, I picked out the perfect costume for you!" She said, beaming from head to toe with her hands clasped under her chin in happiness, staring at the dress.

You've got to be kidding.

"Mom...you- you want me to be a princess?" I asked.

"Absolutely! Now go try it on!" She said as she handed me the dress. "Oh and don't forget the shoes and tiara!" She giggled, grabbing those two.

I couldn't even pretend I enjoyed this. But like always, I kept my mouth shut and went to put on this...this God awful piece of clothing.

With a frown and a grimace, I went to my room and slipped the dress on. I slid my feet into the light purple, SPARKLY flats and then placed the silver tiara on my head.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

The sleeves were tight and netted with the length going all the way down to my feet. It had an embroidered golden neckline.

I pouted and let my shoulders fall in sadness.

I can't wear this to school. Everyone will laugh at me!!

"Suhan! Did you put it on??" My mother called from downstairs. "Come and show me!"

Ugh.

 



“Suhan you look great. All the girls are going to be staring in envy and the guys are going to want to ask you out.” Mom said. All I could do was sigh. I didn’t want to be stared at envy. I didn’t want to be asked out by guys. All I wanted to stay in the background. I didn’t want to stand out. But I guess mom doesn’t know that since she’s never asked me for what I think before. Never. Never once has she asked what I thought or what I wanted.

 

“We’ve arrived, Ma’am.” The chauffeur said once we reached the school. My stomach sunk to the bottom of my body as I could already feel the weird stares I was going to get. No one would look at me with envy. They were going to look at me like I was stuck up and snobby.

 

“Oh dear Lord.” I heard my mom say in slight disgust. I looked over at what her eyes were on and saw the sight that had made her gasp: Aya and the group walking through the gates. Aya was wearing a superwoman costume with another short skirt, Seulgi was dressed as a ladybug bright red shorts, Kai was David Bowie, D.O was the hulk, and Sehun was a cowboy. They were all pushing and shoving each around with laughter and jokes that looked like tons of fun.

 

“Aren’t those the guys that were skipping class on your orientation day?” said Mom. “You stay away from those kids, Suhan. I don’t want them influencing you with their juvenile ways.”

 

Oops.

 

“I’m gonna be late Mom. I’ll see you later.” I said.

 

“Suhan what did I tell you about saying ‘gonna’? A lady never uses slang.”

 

I clenched my jaw from maximum irritation.

 

“I’m going to be late Mom. Bye.” And with that, I got slid out of the car, slamming the door behind me.

 

I held my backpack straps tightly in my hands, trying to control my nerves.

 

I mean, who does mom think she is?? She’s never even met Kai and the others! They’re all great people! Life isn’t all about school you know!!

 

And you know what?? I’ll use whatever language I please!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter