1: 0412

Oh. My. Birthdays.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“One grande green tea frappucino, please.”

 

I glanced up from the monitor installed at the cashier to find her smiling at me.

 

“E-Eh, what are you doing here!?”

 

“I was expecting a ‘Yes, and may I get your name?’ but okay, I guess that surprised expression works fine too,” She leant over the counter, her face edging dangerously close to mine; too dangerously close for comfort. I could feel a large bout of heat surging to my cheeks.

 

“If you want to get fired.”

 

A mocking snicker escaped her lips as she pulled back, the smile escalating into a knowing smirk. She continued to look at me, her eyes glinting with a hint of mischief.

 

“Spare me,” I groaned, extending a hand towards her and she slapped several bills into my palm. “I’ve had more than enough sarcasm for today.”

 

I handed her the change and she pocketed them into her wallet while I left the cashier to whip up her order. Turning my head slightly over my shoulder, I repeated my question again. From the corners of my eyes, I saw her shrug her shoulders, a ‘whatever’ expression on her face.

 

“I got bored and decided to get some fresh air,” She propped herself onto the counter, her eyes scanning the beverage joint for customers before doing so. It was unsurprisingly empty, as it always is (and might forever be) when the sun was about to set. “The house was getting too empty for my liking.”

 

Pumping a single jet of sweetener into the cup, I poured the contents of the cup into the blender before responding over my shoulder, “Don’t you have to prepare dinner for the hyungs right about now?”

 

She scoffed, loudly at that. “They’ll make do without me for tonight. I got Kyungsoo to promise me that he’d at least make ramyun for those who are returning home for dinner.”

 

“You do know that Kyungsoo-hyung’s going to make his favourite curry ramyun right.”

 

“I know,” Her tone was full of tease and mischief. “That’s why I chose the night where everyone is returning home for dinner.” She paused, as if a random thought had surfaced in her head. “Except you and Luhan, of course.”

 

“Well lucky me,” I deadpanned as I carefully shook the blended contents into the same cup.

 

“And besides, I received a SOS.”

 

“SOS?” I whirled around, the completed drink in my hand. “What SOS?”

 

I placed it on the counter and the girl stabbed a straw into the cover before bringing it up to . She and swallowed, while I watched with bated breath as the corners of her lips tugged upwards into a satisfied smile.

 

“Your frappucinos are the best, Sehun ah.”

 

“I know.” And I earned myself a light smack on the arm for my cheeky reply. “But you haven’t answered my question, Jen.”

 

“About the SOS?” She sipped again and my eyes unconsciously followed the movement of as she swallowed. I could feel my cheeks heating up. “You-know-who sent it to me.”

 

I stared at her, befuddled. “You-know-who? Who the hell is this you–”

 

“That’d be me.”

 

A strong grip on my shoulder jolted me and I jumped in surprise, my head turning to find a middle-aged man grinning at me. His grin seemed to hide much more than it lets on.

 

“Eh, boss?”

 

“I have to leave for a personal matter so I enlisted the help of your girlfriend, and fortunately for me, she agreed.” The man released his grip on my shoulder and I resisted the urge to massage that particular part; it was getting sore. “So, I’m leaving my cafe to the two of you and Sehun, please lock up properly.”

 

“Don’t worry, boss,” Jen saluted him in an adorable manner (and I found my cheeks increasing in temperature again). “I’ll make sure he does.”

 

Her eyes drifted to me and I felt her staring intensely at me, as though I was her prey.

 

“You can count on me, Sir.”



 

“Yah, Oh Sehun. Can’t you put some strength into mopping the floors?”

 

I stopped mopping, propping my hand on the tip of the mop, resting my chin on the back of my hand as I lifted my eyes to look at her. She was glaring at me, mouth pursed and eyes judging. Extremely judging.

 

“The floor was clean to be begin with," I retorted, eyes returning the glare. "So it doesn't matter whether I use strength or not."

 

"You're a terrible employee. And to think I'm hoping ahjusshi would promote you." She stepped over to me, her hands abandoning the cups she had been wiping. "Here, give it."

 

She snatched the mop from me and got to work, flying over the floors with much systematicity that surprised me. Of course, her skills with housework was the reason why the boys strongly urged her to be a homemaker instead of going out into the working world.

 

Jen looked up, a sheen of perspiration gleaming across her forehead, and her lips tugged downwards into a slight frown. "Oi, those cups ain't gonna clean themselves."

 

I waved a hand dismissively, a frown of my own forming on my face but when I turned my back towards her, it righted itself into a knowing smile.

 

She's a homemaker alright.

 

A very adorable naggy one at that.



 

"Ugh, you took forever to wipe those cups."

 

The back of her hand reached up to her forehead, swiping across and the perspiration momentarily disappeared. It wasn't long before another sheen appeared though. It's hard to

Please log in to read the full chapter