mishaps and martinis

Life's A Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, 12: 02 am

"Tonight was really fun, Jongout," Chanyeol slurred as Jongin set, or rather threw, him down on the couch. A few stumbles and untangled limbs later, the former sank to ground, running a hand down his face.

“One idiot down, one more to go,” he mumbled to himself. He was about 50% sure Sehun was passed out somewhere in the loft (the other 50% was that Sehun had maybe escaped to the girls’ sleepover) but he figured he could worry about that tomorrow, when he wasn't tipsy and tired. Besides, Sehun waking up with back pain was payback enough for all the trouble he and Chanyeol had caused him tonight.

Behind him, Chanyeol stirred, and Jongin briefly opened his eyes to check on the actor. After making sure he was still asleep, Jongin pulled himself up with what little was left of his energy and grabbed a blanket from his room. He draped it over Chanyeol's sleeping form and sighed. He was the one who caused Jongin the most trouble, and yet here he was on the couch all warm and snuggly while Sehun was lord-knows-where.

Jongin would've been just fine spending their first break from filming at home with his dogs. Maybe he would’ve even read a book a fan had bought for him. The day started off so well and yet...and yet...

He sighed for the nth time.

"Club-hopping was a horrible idea."

Sunday, 9:35 am

"But club-hopping is a wonderful idea!" Chanyeol whined over the phone, his deep voice going a notch higher. "And besides, you say that all the time! What do you plan on doing the whole day, play with your dogs?"

"Of course not," Jongin lied. He was totally planning to play with his dogs the whole day. "I just don't think it would be a good idea to go and get drunk when we're going to resume filming the next day. What if we do something reckless, huh? The press con for season two is next week, we can't have you do anything stupid and ruining the whole thing...no offence."

Jongin would bet some money on Chanyeol grinning from ear to ear as he heard a sigh from the other end of the line.  "None taken, because I won't be doing anything stupid—we will."

"Chanyeol, no."

"Jongin, yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No–"

"Yes, Jongin, yes!" A familiar voice piped in. "Now quit being a party-pooper, eat your lunch, and take a goddamn shower because your jogging-induced stink is getting transmitted through the phone!"

"What the…" Jongin sniffed himself–ooh, he did stink–before staring down at the food his sister prepared him for lunch in disbelief. “Sehun? How..?”

"Because you're a fitness freak who thinks exercising is synonymous to shooting breaks," Sehun stated in a way that Jongin guessed was supposed to sound like 'obviously'. "The lunch thing was an educated guess because Chanyeol and I are eating right now. Oh, and you're always a party-pooper. Always, Jongin, always."

"Was that a Harry Potter reference?" Chanyeol asked.

Jongin wished they could see him roll his eyes.

He wasn't a fitness freak, but he had to admit that maintaining his chiseled form took a whole lot more effort than people gave him credit for. "Well don't come crying to me and begging me to carry your old, unfit fifty years from now," then, as if just registering something, "Wait, are you two hanging out without me?"

“We're with the rest of the crew, sans our girls." Our girls meant Seulgi and Soojung. "We did invite you, by the way. Didn't you get our text?"

"Uhhh," Jongin checked his messages. Lo and behold, there was an unopened text from Sehun. "No?"

He must've not heard it come in. Or maybe his phone was on silent? How could he tell when his phone was on silent, anyway?

On the other end of the line, Sehun scoffed, "Dude, what is the point of buying the latest Iphone when you’re about as technologically challenged as my grandmother?”

"Hey!"

"Sorry, but it’s true. Anyway, Yeol, I've got to go first. Find a way to force Jongin to come later tonight, okay? Call me when you're good." The screeching of a chair being pushed back and fading footsteps followed, before Chanyeol's voice filled the line.

"You heard him. Now confirm your attendance or face Park Chanyeol's never-ending nagging."

"Okay, fine, I'll go." Jongin groaned. Looks like his playdate with the dogs would have to wait. "Just know that there is no way in hell I'm drinking."

Sunday, 9:15 pm

"Wooo! Jongin's getting drunk tonight!" Chanyeol very loudly announced the minute they entered their first club. "Ladies looking for a hot, steamy one night stand better fall in line, amirite gentlemen?"

'Miami Martinis', read the huge LED both outside and inside the building in bold pink letters; Jongin briefly wondered what the point of this was; it wasn't like people would easily forget such a simple name. It was a useless thought, but he found himself fixated on it (thankfully, because if he wasn't, he'd be focused on the embarrassment that was Park Chanyeol).

Sehun, meanwhile, brought a hand up to cover his face, his other hand firmly grasping Jongin's arm as he dragged him to the bar and away from Chanyeol, who by then was already attracting a lot of stares. "We don't know this guy! We don’t know this guy!”

"." Chanyeol punched Sehun's shoulder playfully once he caught up to the pair. "But what really is our agenda for tonight, boys?”

“What else? Get ing wasted,” Sehun replied. He squinted at the other two. “Unless you guys really are looking for one night stands, then I’ll be more than happy with being tonight’s wingman. Especially yours, Jongin.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jongin tried to sound offended, and he would’ve been, but Sehun had a point.

The public knowing him since he was seven and the fact that it was probably weird for girls to have with the little boy in 'A Never Ending Christmas' made one night stands difficult without a wingman. And despite his general dislike for all kinds of flings and his celebrity status, having a one night stand be an achievable option wouldn’t exactly hurt his self-esteem.

“You know what I meant,” Sehun shrugged with a wave of his hand. “So are you down or what?”

“If Jongin doesn’t want to, then you can be my wingman,” Chanyeol interjected before Jongin could reply, a hand closed in on an empty shot glass Jongin hadn’t noticed that he ordered.

Sehun and Jongin snickered.

“What, you don’t think I can score a girl?”

“Oh no, you can score girls all you want. You wouldn’t even need a wingman for that.” Jongin started.

“The problem here is Soojung.” Sehun finished. He, too, downed a shot before adding, “Face it, Chanyeol, you’re whipped. There’s no way you can have a one night stand with any girl other than our Princess Jung.”

Jongin laughed. Chanyeol’s ears were already turning red—maybe from the alcohol, maybe from embarrassment—but he sure as hell wasn’t going to resist another jab at his friend. “You probably wouldn’t even be satisfied with just one night stand. I’d bet my entire fortune you’d ask for a relationship, for commitment.”

Like the trained actor he was, Chanyeol quickly replaced his frown with a convincing smile. “I’ll tell you what,” he said as he fished his phone out from his jacket, “I’ll text you my account number and you can deposit the money there. Because you guys, I am not whipped.”

Sehun wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “C’mon, man, just admit it. There isn’t anything wrong with bein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter