the daily rumor

Life's A Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up with a pounding hangover, the sound of her alarm just about doing her head in. A string of curses left her oddly painful lips as she all but threw her phone across the room. It landed with a loud crack, but frankly, she couldn’t care less. It’ll only take Apple months to release a new one anyway.

She tried to rub the sleep from her eyes, only stopping once she realized it was a weekend. She turned, glaring at her phone on the carpet. Of course she forgot to cancel her weekend alarm—how very Seulgi of her. Her attention, however, was quickly diverted to the pile of clothes on the floor.

“Oh god,” she groaned as she checked under the blanket. She was alright, but decided to not let it bother her too much. After all, this wasn’t the first time she’d gone home drunk and slept in her birthday suit. Lord knows Soojung and the rest were already used to it.

Just as she was about to go back to sleep, a pair of jeans caught her eye. Not that there was anything weird about it, except she was sure she was wearing a dress the night before. And didn’t she clean her room yesterday morning? There was no way a pair of pants could just randomly fall on the floor. Unless…

Seulgi sat up, eyes wide as she mumbled no no no please no, and turned to the lump she had just noticed beside her. Blonde hair peeked from under the blanket, and if the fragments of memories she recalled from last night were any accurate, then that meant she knew who the person was. 

Before she could do anything, a pair of arms s around her waist. “Hey, go back to sleep.”

She felt her heart drop; she definitely knew that voice. It was the same one that moaned her name the night before. “.”

That voice belonged to Sehun...and she just slept with him.

 

"Aaaand cut! Okay, good scene everyone, good scene.” Someone called out. Lights flashed around the room, props were moved, and a group of writers huddled together in a corner. The way they talked was all business—short, straight to the point, and over each other. One of them signalled for a ten minute break, much to Seulgi’s relief.

They’ve been shooting the same scene for an hour now, and she was really starting to get cold. She was, after all, only wearing a tube top and shorts. The bright studio lights weren’t exactly doing anything to warm the two actors up, and the assistants were too busy to offer them coats in between takes.

It's been a month since they've started filming for the second season of their sitcom, Twenty-Somethings, and while the title was tacky—then again, aren't all sitcom titles?—the public fell head-over-heels for it. Critics called it brilliant and original, and the fact that it had an all-star cast only added to its popularity. Its first season ended with the highest viewer ratings in its time slot, so everyone was feeling extra pressured.

With a sigh, Seulgi flopped back down on the bed, pulling the blanket to her chin just as Sehun sat up beside her.

“Cold?” He asked, looking down at her with a small smile. He, too, sported messy hair and dark circles—from make up or from actual fatigue due to shooting, she didn’t know—but he still managed to pull it off and look TV perfect. Seulgi took in his bare torso, noticing the goosebumps on his arms. How could she complain about being cold with what little piece of clothing she had on when Sehun was literally wearing nothing? 

“Not really.” She smiled back before looking elsewhere. She was starting to feel bad for even thinking about it.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him chuckle, his eyes turning into their usual crescent moons. “You do know that I can tell when you’re lying, right? Come on, Seul.”

She grinned bashfully, looking at him then. "Yeah, well, it was still worth a shot." 

"You could never fool me." Sehun teased. 

And it was true. Even when they first started working together for a movie—a romcom, the usual hate-to-love school romance teenage girls went crazy for—Sehun just had a way of knowing when she was lying. At first she thought it was because she wasn’t a good enough actress, she was still a rookie back then, but even after three movies and a sitcom, she still couldn't lie to him without getting caught.

Not being one to back down even when the other was right, she teased back. "You sure about that, Hun?" 

Working together as frequently as they did, the two eventually grew comfortable, calling each other different names. Sometimes they'd even refer to each other as the roles they played (though they can't do that now with their sitcom characters being named after them.) Thinking back on it, they'd come a long way from being the awkward teenagers they were at their first screen test.

“Positive. I just know you, okay?" Sehun reached out to ruffle her hair, earning a slap from the girl. Their hairstylist would get mad at her meticulously-styled messy hair getting, well, messier. "In fact, I've fallen in love with you three times already. Maybe I'll fall in love with you again, depending on where the writers plan this show to go."

Seulgi feigned disgust, to which the boy only rolled his eyes. "You hear that? The bad boy image you've worked so hard on is going down the drain. 'I've fallen in love with you'–how cheesy."

Sehun scoffed. "Please, I was born bad. I'm Korea's James Dean." He said, squinting his eyes and staring off into the distance (Seulgi thought it made him look more like Clint Eastwood.)  Then he turned to her with a glint in his eyes, one she knew all too well—one that meant trouble. His lips formed a mischievous smirk, and before she could react, he'd already pounced on her, pulling blanket over them like a fortress as he attacked her with tickles.

"Y-Yah! Oh Sehun!" She said in between laughter, moving her arms and legs to free herself. Resistance was futile and she quickly found herself pinned down. "S-Seriously, stop! People might misunderstand."

"So what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter