#1 - ENDING

A Short Story About their distance

 

“5 centimeters per second .”

“Hm ? what is it ?”

“The speed of sakura petals .”

**

There was a time , when I had a girl I like . But we have to be separated because I’m going to Tokyo to spend my senior high school life . I keep on believing someday I can meet her and say I loved her , but actually I can’t .

**

I’m sure you’ll be just fine , Yang Yoseob . I kept this feeling for a long time , but I can’t search for you forever . I have to accept that I destined to live with someone else . Even though it means I can’t love you anymore , but I really want to thank  you for being with me . Because of you I learned how to love and to be loved . Thank you , Yang Yoseob . I Love You ....

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yoseob’s POV

I transferred to Japan because of my parents’ work . It’s already more than ten years . People in Japan sure are  nice and friendly . But thank god in the tremendous sea of Japanese , I found a korean girl who is actually transferred as well because of her parents’ work . She lived in the same district as me . In this prefecture , Iwafune , we played together . I still remember that time ..

“Come on , come on ! don’t be a slowbo , Yang Yoseob !!” she said .

“I can’t run as fast as you run , Sohyun ..” I said to her from across the street .

“Hurry up , or –“

Two trains passed and cut our conversation .

“Or the train will pass the rail and we’re late for school !” She continued restlessly .

“I’m coming !!” I ran as fast as I can to catch up with her and we ended up late at school .

“Yoseob and Sohyun arrived late ! they’re such a soulmate !” one of the boy in the class mocked us .

“No , we’re late because we lived in the same district !!” The fiveteen years olded me denied the boy .

“Yoseob and Sohyun are soulmate !! they’re soulmate !!” he yelled again .

“No we’re not !!”

**

Yes , I really said we’re not . But the real thing is , I really liked her since the first day we played together in the fourth grade of elementary school . I remember the last time we watched the petals of sakura fell to the ground together .

“5 centimeters per second .”

“Hm ? what is it ?”

“The speed of sakura petals .”

“How did you know , Sohyun ?”

“Someone tells me .”

“Hmm ....”

“Let’s make a promise .”

“What promise ?”

“Even if we’re apart , we will always send letters to each other . No matter how far the distance is . Even if it’s only take five centimeters per second to reach each other .”

“Why make a weird promise all of the sudden ..?”

“Because you’ll be moving again to Tokyo tomorrow , right ? promise me . Send me a lots and lots and lots of letters !”

“Okay . I promise .”

**

As I promised , I send her a piece of letter every single day . But till someday I realised those letter I’ve sent , it’s not worthy anymore . A letter is sent when you have something to tell someone with a lot of meaning in it . But if there’s no meaning topic to talk about anymore , a letter is unworhty .

“Ah , Sumida .” I said to a girl standing on the bicycle parking lot “You’re going home ?”

“Y-Yes .” She looks a little red .

“Want to go home together ?”

“Uh, okay .”

Yoseob’s POV end

**

Kanae Sumida’s POV

“Hey , you guys ... You know I really liked that Korean boy , Yang Yoseob right ?”

“Yep . What’s up ?”

“I think I’ll confess to him today , when we go home together .”

“Eh ?! No way ?!”

**

I’m not a pretty person . I’m not fair skinned as well because of the sun tanned my skin . I don’t have legs that can bring me to somewhere special . All I can do with my legs is surfing . Compared to Yoseob – kun ... I’m nothing . He has a goal about his future , He socialize with other people really well , and he follows a lots of club activity .

“Want to buy a drink before we go home ?” he stopped his bicycle in front of a convenient store .

“Ah , sure .” I stopped my bicycle and put in on the parking lot .

“Chocolate milk coffee ...” he took a box of coffee from the drinks’ refrigerator .

Ah , a chocolate milk coffee ? etto ...

“Hm ? you decided already ?”

“Yep .” I also took a little box of chocolate milk coffee . I want to taste this coffee that he likes as well ..

“Thanks for coming .”

“You’re welcome .” He answered as he bowed and go out of the store .

I followed him and find my bicycle is not in the parking lot .

“eh ? sonna !! my bicycle is gone ... what to do ..”

“Let’s just walk , then .” said Yoseob-kun as he smiled nicely .

“B-But ...”

“It’s okay . We lived in the same district , anyway . Besides ... I’m in the walking mood today .”

“No , that’s not what I mean .. how about your bicycle ?”

“It’s okay . I’ll ask someone else to pick it up for me .”

**

And now here I am , walking side by side with the boy I liked since he came to my district , Yang Yoseob-kun . Since he came to my district , he was so nice to the neighbours around him , that include me . He picks me up in my house every weekdays in the morning and go to school together . I can’t even imagine someone amazing like him could be so nice to me . Ah , I just fogot something . I want to confess to him ...

But somehow , there’s something hurts in the little piece of my heart ..... Somehow , watching him being so nice to me like this make me want to cry so bad . Yoseob-kun , why are you so nice ? I don’t have friends as much as you have , I’m not pretty , I’m not famous . Yoseob-kun ....

I can feel tears just rolling down on my cheek ...

“What’s wrong ? oi , Sumida !” He stopped walking and face the crying me .

Yoseob-kun ..

“Yoseob-kun ...” My voice is trembling .

“Yes ?”

Please stop being nice to me ..

“Please stop being-“

Suddenly a train passes the rail near the street where Yoseob-kun and I were standing .

“Train ...” I turned my head and staring at the train .

This train .. is just like me . All it can do is only run , run , and run in a really long rail without knowing what to chase . A dumb train ...

“Let’s go home .” Yoseob-kun turns his back and walk .

I guess , I just have to keep this feeling for myself . And I just realised , even though he walks beside me ... he never looks at me .

**

It’s already three years he spent in Tokyo . Without knowing it , Yoseob-kun will move again to another prefecture and here I am , accompanying him at the airport .

“It’s really nice to meet you . I’ll see you later .”

“Wait , Yoseob-kun ...”

“What ?”

“I want to tell you something ... that I should’ve tell you since a long time ago .”

“Yeah , What is it ?”

“I .. Like you .”

He looks shocked for a moment .

“I’m sorry . I have someone I like .”

He coldly walks away . All I can do is only watch his back as tears rolling down on my cheek ...

Kanae Sumida’s POV end

**

ENDING

Seven  years later (A/N : Yoseob’s age is around 25 ^-^”)

Yoseob’s POV

There was a time , when I had a girl I like . But we have to be separated because I’m going to Tokyo to spend my senior high school life . I keep on believing someday I can meet her and say I loved her , but actually I can’t .

I kept this feeling for so many years till someday there’s a moment where I barely see her again , in the place I really want return to .

“God , Yoseob ! You’ve grown really big !”

“Nakamura-san . It’s been a long time .” I answered to the middle aged lady that accidentally see me walking around the district I used to play with Sohyun when we lived in Iwafune .

“You just nine years old when the first time you got here . I never thought you could come here .”

“You just sixteen the first time I got here too , Nakamura – san.”

“Why are you here , Yoseob ?”

“Just ... want to feel a little nostalgic . It’s spring and I want to watch the sakura petals here .”

“Ah , that’s right . You and Sohyun used to play here . You looks so happy back then .”

“I’ll be going now . see you .”

“Be careful , Yoseob .”

“Yep .”

Yoseob’s POV end

**

Sohyun’s POV

Drrrt ... drrrt ...

My Phone’s ringing . I see the dialer . Unknown number . But the country number shows it’s in Japan .

“Moshi moshi ?”

“Sohyun , it’s me .”

I know him . This voice ... “Ah , it’s you . I missed you . You haven’t called me . Is this your new number ?”

“Yes . Hey .. mind if we watch sakura petals together ?”

“Ah , sure , sure . .. But , I have a place I want to recommend you if you want to watch sakura petals .”

“Where  ?”

“In Iwafune . I lived there when I was a little girl , and the district where I lived have so much beautiful Sakura trees .”

“Then it’s Iwafune . See you there , don’t be late .”

“Sure .”

Sohyun’s POV end

**

Yoseob’s POV

“I guess that’s it for today . Let’s go home .”

I silently walks away and meet the rail I used to crossed with Sohyun .

Everyday , we happily run to the other side of this rail and walk together to school ..

I should forget her . She’s not there anymore .

As I walk , I met a woman around my age also crossing the rail , but I can’t see her face because she walks as she looking at her wristwatch ang her long hair covers almost half or her hair .

When I reached the other side of the rail , I just realised . Is that ... Sohyun ?

Yoseob’s POV end

**

Sohyun’s POV

The man with blazer earlier .... Yoseob ?

I turn my back to see him at the other side of the rail , but two trains suddenly passes the rail .

“I see .. well , I better get going . I don’t want to be late .”

I’m sure you’ll be just fine , Yang Yoseob . I kept this feeling for a long time , but I can’t search for you forever . I have to accept that I destined to live with someone else . Even though it means I can’t love you anymore , but I really want to thanked you for being with me . Because of you I learned how to love and to be loved . Thank you , Yang Yoseob . I Love You ....

Sohyun’s POV end

**

Yoseob’s POV

Two trains passes and I waited patiently till they gone . When I look at the other side of the rail , nobody’s there .

It’s okay . I Love you , Kwon Sohyun . No matter how far apart we are and it takes 1000 kilometers per hours to reach you , I Love you .

Yoseob’s POV end

**

Sohyun’s POV

“Sohyun , is that you ?!” said the middle aged lady .

“Yes , you must be ... Nakamura-san , right ?!”

“You’ve grown big , and beautiful as well ! Whoever marry you will be a lucky man !”

“Ahahaha . Look , My hair’s growing .”

“Yes , you used to have a short hair when you live here with Yoseob .”

“Yoseob , huh ...?”

“Sohyun , you know what ? Yoseob came here earlier , just right before you .”

“I see .”

So the man I saw there really WAS Yoseob ..

“Ara ! is that an engagement ring in your finger ?” Nakamura-san pointed at the silver ring in my middle finger .

“Yes , I came here because I want to watch the sakura petals with my fiance .”

“Congratulations ! so , when will the wedding ceremony held ?”

“Umm .. next month .”

“I see . I wish you all the best , okay ?”

“Mm. Thank you very much .”

I wave goodbye to Nakamura-san and walk to the place where I’ve made a promise to meet there with my fiance , Yuichi .

Sohyun’s POV end

**

Yoseob and Sohyun’s POV

There’s no regret now ..