Chapter 2

The Space In-Between
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So... Where did you transfer from?"

"Huh?" I snapped back to reality. Wait, where am I? Oh, right. School. Undercover. Cute boy named Seo Young Joo.  OH HE'S TALKING TO ME.

"Oh, yeah, um.... what were you saying?" I asked. "Sorry, I blanked out for a second."

Young Joo laughed. God, he's so cute when he laughs. "I just asked where you transferred from."

"Oh, uhh...." I said while tapping my earpiece, hoping Hyun Ki was still there.

"America, you idiot," Hyun Ki sighed. Thank God for Ki.

"I transferred from America," I replied.

"Really?" he said. "Normally international transfer stu-"

"YOUNG JOO!" We turned around. A boy with chestnut-colored hair ran up to us. He casually slung his arm across Young Joo's shoulders. "Did you hear? Chan Woo's actually here today!"

"Oh, really?"

The boy looked at Young Joo questioningly. "Aren't you super excited? Our group is finally back together! Why aren't you happier?" He began to put Young Joo into a headlock. "Come on, you know you're happy! It's the three of us together again, for the first time in a long time!"

"Okay, okay! Stop, I'm going to drop all of Athena's books!" Young Joo laughed.

The boy gave me a sideways look and let go of Young Joo. "That's her name? Athena? That's an interesting name." He extended his hand out to me. "I'm Tae Ho."

"Hi," I said, shaking his hand. He gave me a wink. What the heck? Is he flirting with me? I quickly pulled my hand away. "Hey, um, homeroom's here, right? Thanks for showing me to class. And, uh, carrying my books. But I think I can take it from here."

"Oh, uh yeah," Young Joo looked at me, questioningly. He handed me my books.

"Thanks," I said, quickly waving goodbye and rushing into class.

Young Joo's POV

I watched her as she ducked into the class.

Tae Ho whistled. "She's hot."

I punched him. "Shut up. She just transferred here. Don't go flirting around with every girl you see."

Tae Ho shrugged. "At least I GET girls, unlike you, who has absolutely zero luck with girls."

I grabbed him into a headlock. "What? What were you saying? I'm sorry, I think you said something important. Do you want to repeat it?"

He gagged. "Okay, I'm sorry! I don't mean what I say! I'm an idiot!"

I released him. Rubbing his neck, he looked at me questioningly. "Aside from the fact that there was an extremely attractive girl next to you, why weren't you more excited when I mentioned Chan Woo? Did you guys fight?"

I shook my head.

"Did you guys.... I don't know, did he do something to you?"

I shook my head.

"Then what did he do?"

I shrugged. "I mean

Please log in to read the full chapter