Chapter 1

The Space In-Between
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warning: There's some swear words in here. Not too much. But there's a few.

BEFORE I FORGET. Sorry I kind of already did. The story is in first person. So, Athena's perspective. Sorry, I should have mentioned that before!

 

 

“Why did I let you talk me into this,” I muttered as I adjusted my earpiece. “This is so stupid. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to do this.”

“Oh, shut up,” Hyun Ki droned lazily. “You’re secretly happy that you can get out and explore the world. I’m stuck in this stupid cramped room monitoring you. I feel like a stalker.”

“But you ARE a stalker,” I shot back. “You stalk almost every single girl group in Korea. Do you realize how creepy that is? That’s just disgusting and creepy and-“

“If you keep sassing me, I’m gonna make the earpiece blow up,” Hyun Ki warned. Then, he lowered his voice. “Is my voice y yet?”

“Shut up and show me who the guy is,” I said, trying to hold back a smile. Oh, Hyun Ki. Always knows how to make me laugh.

A boy’s face appeared in my glasses. “There he is, the oh-so-mighty Jung Chanwoo,” Hyun Ki said. “He doesn't look as hot as me.”

“Background info?”

“He’s seventeen, a trainee in iKon who is currently under YG Entertainment.”

I rolled my eyes. “A celebrity? Seriously? I got assigned to a freaking celebrity? They have GOT to be kidding me.”

“But that’s the thing,” Hyun Ki pointed out. “With you and your obviously non-existent love for celebrities, you would actually protect him, rather than spending most of your time fangirling over him.”

“Hyun Ki, he’s a ing celebrity,” I retaliated. “I’m pretty sure his company can assign bodyguards to him or something.”

“Look, Athena,” Hyun Ki sighed. “I know you don’t want to do this, and it seems stupid to you, but we don’t have time to fight like this. You need to get to

Please log in to read the full chapter