Calculus, Chamomile, and You

Calculus, Chamomile, and You

Jongin is dying.

No, not dying as in dying in bad way. He’s currently dying because...

Exam is near—it’s still dying in a way for Jongin, anyway.

With his I-don’t-understand-any-single-thing-so-I-will-just-sleep record in class, it’s absolutely no doubt that Jongin is completely worried for his score.

With a week full of exam, here he is—with his head on the table, alone on living room with calculus books all over the table. He needs to pass this class so badly if he doesn’t want to meet Mr. Wu again for the next semester—he ABSOLUTELY doesn’t want to meet him again.

But it’s not his fault that his head feels like a boiling pot because of all equation that he read for past few hours—he’s done.

Jongin doesn’t have any energy again to lift up his head when he heard a sound of someone opened and closed the door, then someone is walking toward him.

When he feels a pat on his shoulder and a small voice, “Jongin-ah?” He immediately lifts up his face.

“Kyungsoo hyung?”

Do Kyungsoo—the boy who owned the sketchbook that Jongin found few months ago, the sketchbook that full with sketches of Jongin.

After their first meeting that ended up with Jongin bought him a dinner—and even walked him home that night—Jongin felt a sudden attraction towards the boy. He didn’t know why, but he wanted to know more about the cute little boy—Kyungsoo, he means.

Well, Kyungsoo was kinda shy at first, but after a while, he got used to Jongin and became more comfortable in no time. He doesn't stutter a lot again—just sometimes, he’s still cute anyway.

And one day, in front of Kyungsoo’s house when Jongin walked him home, Jongin blurted out of  nowhere, “Do you wanna be my boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes became bigger than usual. “What?”

Jongin cursed at himself. “You—you heard it.” But he didn’t take his word back—because to be honest that’s what he wanted. He wanted Kyungsoo so badly.

Kyungsoo remained silent for few seconds, before nodded his head and answered with a small voice, “Yes.”

Jongin knew his face was totally priceless at that time.

He did his best not to yell out loud—because it was late at night already, and he didn’t want Kyungsoo to see him got crazy suddenly—and settled with a happy smile on his face.

Now, he’s been in relationship with Kyungsoo for over a month already.

The said boy gives him a smile before taking a sit beside him. “Are you okay? You seem... desperate?”

Jongin immediately shakes his head and answers, “No, Kyungsoo hyung. I’m not okay—I’m dying.”

Kyungsoo’s kind of taken aback by Jongin’s answer, but the next second he’s trying his best to hold his laugh. “You’re not dying, Jongin-ah,” he peeks a little to Jongin’s notebook, “Look, you can answer 5 questions by now!”

Jongin pulls out a kicked puppy face. “Yeah, 5 questions. If they give me 50 questions tomorrow, I can’t answer the other 45.”

Kyungsoo chuckles, but he doesn’t say anything. Instead, he grabs his bag and takes out a bottle and few of sweets and snacks—filling Jongin’s table with food.

“Let’s eat first, Jongin-ah,” Jongin almost cuts in but Kyungsoo is faster, “You ate your lunch already—I know, Sehun told me that. But lunch is 4 hours ago, now it’s definitely time to take a rest.”

Jongin opens his mouth—ready to throw any remark back, wanted to say that he doesn’t have time to rest for now because he still have a lot of things to study. But he chooses to close his mouth and just gives in.

He does need a rest, afterall.

“I guess you’re right, hyung.”

Kyungsoo lifts one of his eyebrows. “I’m always right, though?”

Jongin laughs lightly. “You know hyung, I’m kinda miss the old you—remember when you stuttered a lot the first time we met? That’s cuter, rather than the confident one like now.”

Jongin earns a pinch on his hand, but he laughs more when he see Kyungsoo’s pout. “What? I’m just saying the truth!”

Kyungsoo keeps his pout lips while giving Jongin the bottle. “Whatever. Now, drink this.”

“What is that?”

“Just—just take it.”

Jongin takes a good look of the bottle first—the bottle has pororo on it, his boyfriend is pororo maniac afterall—before taking it. He’s hoping to get coffee—since he doesn’t have time to buy one today—but instead he see different color from the drink. “What is this? Tea?”

Kyungsoo nods. “It’s Chamomile. It helps you to relax and decrease mild anxiety—“ Kyungsoo stops his explanation when he sees Jongin just remains silent, “—you don’t want it?”

Jongin shakes his head. “It’s not like that. I guess I’m kinda surprised because you even made me tea—”

“It’s not that hard to make tea, Jongin-ah.”

“But you’re busy too, hyung. We’re on the same exam week, and your exam are harder than me—I know you will get A for all of it though—but instead of study for it, here you are now. Stuck with my calculus and me who doesn’t have a genius brain.”

Kyungsoo remains silent for a second before asking—sounds hesitant, “It’s that a bad thing?”

It’s Jongin turn to become silent.

“It’s that a bad thing, Jongin-ah? Because I don’t want you to think of it as a bad thing. I do it because I want it. You’re my—my boyfriend that’s why it’s definitely okay for me to made you tea and brought you snack and stuck with you until you can understand at least half of it.”

Jongin sees Kyungsoo’s expression turns into a guilty one. “I did it because I cared for you. I’m just hoping that it’s not too much for you and I don’t look... too clingy.”

The boy just stays quiet after that—he doesn’t even spare a glance at Jongin.

After few minutes of silent, Jongin realizes that it’s true.

He never asked Kyungsoo to do all those thing. Kyungsoo did that because he wanted to do himself, and Jongin just made him feel guilty because of it.

Because Jongin seems like he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to be here with him and babysitting him—when it’s completely okay because he’s Kyungsoo’s boyfriend.

It’s not a wrong thing to show affection with Kyungsoo’s way.

The next second, Jongin quietly drinks the tea—succesfully make Kyungsoo to finally turns his head and staring at him in surprise. He drinks almost half of it.

He does feel better than before.

Jongin closes the bottle again and puts it on the table. “It’s good. Thank you, hyung.”

“Yes....” Kyungsoo answers in small voice.

“And I’m sorry,” Jongin says again—he grabs Kyungsoo’s hands and squeeze it lightly. “I just don’t want to make you feel bothered with that, just that.”

“But you know that I don’t feel—“

“I know, hyung. I know. I’m really sorry because you were sincere but I seemed like I rejected you,” Jongin brings Kyungsoo’s hand to his lips and gently kiss the palm. “Thank you for today.”

Kyungsoo’s face is slowly turning into red—as well as his ears. He brings his other hand to brush Jongin’s fringe while muttering, “Stupid Jongin.”

Jongin feels his heart drop a little.

“Stupid Jongin who think about his boyfriend first instead of himself. Stupid Jongin who make my heart sad and happy in instant,” Kyungsoo smiles right to Jongin’s face. “Stupid Jongin who make me falling even harder for him.”

Forget it, Jongin’s heart is definitely back to his place again.

Jongin laughs a little. “I don’t know you can be that straightforward , hyung.”

“You don’t like it?”

“No. I like it,” Jongin pulls Kyungsoo closer to him. “I like every single thing from you. All the good and bad things.”

He earned a light smack on his chest while Kyungsoo saying, “Stupid Jongin with his cheesiness.”

“Only for you.” And Jongin’s leaning in and presses their lips together.

It’s not their first time, but Jongin’s still feel the same undescriable feeling from it.

Jongin starts moving his lips when he feels Kyungsoo’s hands running through his hair, his lips moving slowly—catching on Jongin’s pace. Jongin brings his hand to Kyungsoo’s face—titled it to the left, while his face to the opposite way, moulding their lips in perfect way.

Jongin then pulls Kyungsoo even closer until he finally sit on his lap—his chest pressing again Jongin’s. Jongin doesn’t even know which heartbeat that he can hear clearly, him or Kyungsoo’s, or maybe it’s both of them.

They continue their kissing—sometimes stop to catch their breath, lips still hovering over each other. Sometimes between their slow pace, Jongin’s tongue will run across Kyungsoo’s bottom lip and make Kyungsoo gasps sharply. And when Kyungsoo parts his mouth willingly, Jongin wastes not time on slipping his tongue inside Kyungsoo’s mouth—traces the older boy’s teeth, and when he runs the tip of his tongue to the roof of Kyungsoo’s mouth, he can heard Kyungsoo moans over it.

When his tongue meets Kyungsoo’s tongue, they fight for dominance—turning their slow kiss to the sloppy one. But it’s not least perfect, especially when Kyungsoo lets out a whimper when Jongin’s palm unconsciously rubbing on Kyungsoo’s clothed thighs.

Jongin pulls away, moving his lips to Kyungsoo’s neck—giving few kisses there. He can feel Kyungsoo squirms, it’s his sensitive area afterall. Kyungsoo is whimpering when Jongin bites his neck, and then bite again until it’s red and definitely gonna stay red for at least a day.

Jongin peeks a little and immediately regrets it when he see Kyungsoo’s state. His face is flushed—his lips is red, slightly swollen. He’s beautiful.

Jongin’s lips back again to Kyungsoo lips and start to on his bottom lips when he heard sound of someone opens and closes the door, then someone is yelling out loud, “KIM FREAKING JONGIN I GAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND MY HOUSE’S KEY SO HE COULD CHECK IF YOU WERE STILL ALIVE OR NOT WHILE I WAS AWAY, NOT TO ARRIVED AT HOME AND FOUND YOU TWO ARE MAKING OUT OH MY GOD GET A ROOM YOU TWO

.

Jongin forgot he’s currently studying at Sehun’s house.