What If [Final Chapter]

What If.

`Eyes looking at each other... Eyes looking at each other... One pair of remaining eyes...`

`Oh you really look happy, you look happy when I see you, so beautiful that its sad...`

ZiTao looked at YiFan as his booming laughter echoed through the room again and at YiXing who made him smile. YiFan looks so happy, more happier than when he's with ZiTao. His heartached.

`I don't hate him, I don't hate him because he make you smile like an angel...`

ZiTao stood next to BaekHyun as they stood on the stage, pulling on a fake smile. He looked toward YiFan and saw the latter was holding hands and YiXing was whispering sweet nothings to him. YiFan's face lit up at YiXing's every word, so bright that ZiTao felt blinded.

An angelic smile will decorate his face as he gaze toward YiXing, and ZiTao was glad. Even if the smile was not for him, he still gets to see it. 'That's why I don't hate YiXing'

`Oh oh yeah, words that became a secret before I said them... Oh oh yeah, that's why I wasn't for you...`

ZiTao was going to get a glass of water at the middle of the night when he stopped on his track. In the balcony were YiXing and YiFan, hugging and cuddling each other.

"I love you, YiFan." a blush decorated YiFan's face as YiXing said it. ZiTao's heart felt like it may stop any second. He wanted to be the one who's embracing YiFan. He wants to be the one who wants to say those sweet 3 words to YiFan. But now, it's just in his heart and dreams.

`Two eyes looking at each other... The one remaining pair of eyes, the lost eyes...`

ZiTao looked at YiFan's and YiXing's happy face together. They really are made for each other.

YiFan leaned into kiss YiXing, gazing at his eyes intensly. Firework exploded inside him as YiXing's soft lips met with his.

But in a distance, ZiTao stared at them, a single tear rolling out.

`The two eyes, tightly shut... The eyes that are too late... The eyes that lost you...`

ZiTao knew he was breaking into pieces as he laid on his bed. His frame rocked as he sobbed into his pillow. He's always been strong, but he just couldn't take it anymore. He was too late and now he had lost YiFan from his life.

`I'm becoming more and more sorry, looking at you with these kind of feelings...`

ZiTao glanced at YiFan as they once again, finished a concert. Sadness was clearly seen in his eyes as he watched YiFan continue with his happy life. He felt really sorry, he didn't want to burden his bandmates with the stupid emotions of his. So he excused himself to the restroom.

`I made a big mistake I made a mistake, the dream that grew inside of me...`

ZiTao sighed as he wiped his sweat off his face and looked at the soup he made. Pouty lips turned into a slight smile, but his eyes showed pure sadness.

He carried the soup up to YiFan's room. YiFan had fallen sick and the others were away on practise leaving ZiTao and YiFan alone.

ZiTao put down the soup on the bedtable and sat near YiFan's sleeping body. 'He looks so... Peaceful and... Beautiful...' ZiTao carressed YiFan's face. His eyes landed on YiFan's rosy lips and ZiTao felt a desire rising within him. "No!" the boy whisper-yelled to himself and silently ran out of the room.

`... Was that time would bring you to me like wind...`

His knees buckled and he fell to the floor as he entered his room. 'How could I... Think like that?'

'How could I desire for YiFan when he's somebody else's? I wish... I wish that eventually in the future, you'll fall for me... Bring him to me...' he looked up at the pure blue sky that was being covered by gloomy grey clouds.

`Oh oh yeah, white words that filled up a white canvas... Oh oh yeah, I guess I saved it up too much...`

"Taozi?" the said boy looked up as the elder called his name. "What is it, Kris-ge?" he asked, eyes not meeting with YiFan's. If it did, ZiTao was afraid that he might end up crying.

"What's wrong?" YiFan asked as he took a seat next to ZiTao, who was reading a book. "Nothing is wrong, ge? What happened?" ZiTao looked at the wall next to YiFan's head. "Because you called me Kris-ge. You normally call me YiFan-ge." YiFan said. "It just slipped out.."

ZiTao knew he lied. He felt tears prick his eyes. "Why are you crying?" his cheeks felt wet and he knew, indeed he was crying. "A bug..." he sobbed and lied. "It went under the fridge.!" YiFan immediately jumped up.

"It'll be okay! Go to my room! I'll kill it for you." ZiTao immediately ran to his room and collapsed on the bed, sobbing his heart out.

`Two eyes looking at each other... The one remaining pair of eyes, the lost eyes...`

ZiTao couldn't just help but stare at YiXing and YiFan as once again all members of EXO were planning to leave.

"Okay, everyone! Pair up!" said their manager. YiFan immediately s his arm around YiXing's waist. "I'm with Lay!" he announced. "I guess it's just us now, Tao!" said JoonMyeon. ZiTao smiled. "It's okay, Suho-ge! I also need to give Kris-ge a break, right?" he fake smiled.

JoonMyeon noticed. His eyes were lost, and the happy smile that was on the smaller's face did not reach his eyes. 'What happened to you, Tao?' he wondered.

`The two eyes, tightly shut... The eyes that are too late, the eyes that lost you...`

ZiTao's eyes slowly lingered on YiFan's and YiXing's retreating back. Once again, he's been neglected. XiuMin and LuHan went to play soccer. Chen went to troll in EXO-K's dorm and YiFan and YiXing... Gone to a date. He shut his eyes and bit his lips, he don't want to cry.

`I'm becoming more and more sorry, looking at you with these kinds of feelings...`

His heartached as he looked at YiFan's face. His eyes were closed and his breathing was steady. YiFan was asleep and ZiTao could not keep his gaze off him.

Guilt ate him alive for having these feelings.

`Two eyes looking at each other... The one remaining pair of eyes, the lost eyes...`

"Tao? So, Tao... Who is your favourite person from all of EXO?" the MC asked, smiling at him. ZiTao gazed at everyone and his eyes landed on YiFan. He wasn't looking at ZiTao, his eyes were on YiXing's.

"Tao-sshi?" ZiTao broke out of his trance and smiled fakely. "It's Suho-ge!" he replied in a fake cheerful voice.

`Now I need to keep you inside my drawer forever, but i can take you out some times...`

ZiTao looked lovingly at the photo on his hand, sadness visible in his face. It was an image of him... And YiFan when they were younger, before debut.

With a small sigh, he slowly placed the photo inside his study table's drawer and closed it.

`Even if my heart that longs for you becomes a star... At least from far away, atleast in my heart, I will warmly shine on you...`

"Ah, every one! Please listen up!" Every one was in EXO-K's dorm's sitting room and YiFan was trying to communicate with them. ZiTao watched intently.

"I have an announcement. Well, me and YiXing are dating!" YiFan revealed. "That's old news, Dhuizang!" Chen hollered. "Yeah! Who wont know that? We aren't oblivious, ya know?" ChanYeol snorted.

YiFan blushed. "So you all knew?" he asked, embarrassed. "Yep!" snickered BaekHyun. "Congrants." ZiTao said to them, softly. "Thank you, Tao." YiXing smiled.

"I know about BaekHyun and ChanYeol!" yelled Chen and SeHun and JongIn sniggered. "Who doesn't? Those two are always sneaking kisses here and there." and LuHan replied with an 'Eeewww..' that made every one burst out laughing. ZiTao smiled as he looked at YiFan.

'As long as you are happy, YiFan-ge...'

`Two eyes looking at each other...

The one remaining pair of eyes, the lost eyes...

The two eyes, tightly shut (two eyes tightly shut)...

The eyes that are too late, the eyes that lost you...

I'm becoming more and more sorry, looking at you with these kinds of feelings (my heart looking at you)...`

`Eyes looking at each other (Boy, I'm missing you)...`

"I miss you..." ZiTao's eyes widened as he heard the voice. He turned around and his eyes brightened. Colours rushed to his cheeks.

`One pair of remaining eyes, eyes that have lost it's way...`

"YiFan-ge..." Their eyes met and ZiTao's eyes shone with happiness and something unspoken. Maybe a tinge of sadness and loneliness.

`What if it was me... The eyes that are looking at you inside your eyes (looking at you)...`

ZiTao saw himself, reflecting in the hazel eyes of YiFan. His darker eyes was starting to prick with tears.

`What if it was me... The eyes that are looking at you inside your eyes...`

"Hey, it's been a long time..." YiFan greeted. His lips turned up to a smile that made ZiTao's heart thud in his chest. His eyes stared deep into YiFan's, almost trying to see what secret he holds.

"I broke up... With YiXing..." YiFan finally spoke. But his voice lacks the sadness that was supposed to be their.

"We eventually came to realize that we weren't for each other. He already found his prince and i've already found my princess."

ZiTao's heart dropped. 'YiFan found someone?' he pulled up a fake smile. "That must be good. Who's the lucky guy?" he questioned.

YiFan smiled. "Seriously, Tao? Were you always this dense? Wo ai ni!" YiFan said. Pink dusted ZiTao's cheeks and he wanted to hit himself for being a stupid.

"Yah! You still haven't replied yet!" YiFan pouted. "I love you too..." his voice was full of embarrassement.

In ZiTao's eyes, YiFan noticed. The loneliness and sadness were gone. Instead was hapiness, hope and love. The unspoken emotion was love. And hope.

Under the stars, they shared a sweet, chaste (and ZiTao's first) kiss.

THE END! THANK YOU FOR READING! HOPE YOU ENJOY IT! <3