The Beginning

Your Eyes; Its You

"Did you hear?  A new trainee is coming!"\

 

"Really, is the new person a female or male?"

 

"I hope she's nice.  You know how the new trainees are like."

The manager smiled to himself as he tapped on the glass doors of Lee Soo Man's office before entering, bowing.

"The girl will arrive here in about three hours' time, hyung," he stated, checking his watch.

Lee Soo Man looked up from his paperwork, his expression soft.

"Bring the boys along to meet her okay?" And then his voice went soft, but strict.  "Do not let anyone know she'e related to me... yet."

Mr Kyung smiled and nodded, bowing before taking his leave, but what he didn't see was that his superior had a vacant look in his eyes.


In another side of the building, Donghae tensed his body, poised for action as he circled Minho, dancing to the left and right.  Minho rolled his eyes and a grin appeared on his face, he knew what was coming.  He nimbly stepped to one side as Donghae launched himself forward before locking his right arm around him and pulling him to the floor.

"Gotcha!"  Changmin laughed as he got up from his seat on watching them and joined in the tackling, the two dongsaengs pinning down their hyung as Kyuhyun applauded while Siwon broke out into fits of laughter.

There was a loud crash as Kibum armlocked Jonghyun onto the floor, as Onew chuckled to himself and walked over to where Kyuhyun was.

"Hyung, have you seen dongsaeng?"

Kyuhyun shook his head.  "I haven't, should we go find him?"

Donghae managed to wrestle himself out of his two dongsaeng's grip and went to sit on the floor beside Siwon.

"I don't think he'll be coming."  Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

It wasn't that they didn't like the new dongsaeng; rather, the new addition to the Special Combat team had made all the hyungs worried as he was able to defeat almost all of them easily, except for Minho, but that was just barely. Kibum sighed and leaned back against the wall.  It had definitely been a long time...

"Get off me!" Changmin grunted as Kyuhyun knocked into him, sending the both of them sprawling to the ground as he struggled to regain his footing.

KIbum chuckled to himself.  In another side of the large room, Donghae and Siwon, the hyungs, were up against Onew, Jonghyun and Minho, the dongsaengs.  He sank to the fllor admist fits of laughter as he watched Siwon spring at Onew, and the surprised look on Onew's, then Siwon's face as Jonghyun locked his arms around Siwon and pulled him off.

Kibum was about to go over to join in the fight when the door suddenly opened, causing all of them to quickly get to their feet to greet the person standing in fronf ot them.

"Good morning, Kyung sunbae," they greeted, bowing.

"Good morning, boys."  He stepped into the room and motioned for whoever was behind him to come into the room as well.  Hesitant footsteps entered as the hyungs all straightened up.  "Guys, this is Dylan, our new addition to the Special Combats team."

A small smile appeared on Dylan's face as he bowed low. "Good morning, sunbaes."

Kibum could see the shock on the others' members faces through the long faces.  After the last few trainees were selected for this batch, Soo Man hyung has said to concentrate on training them and not select anymore.  But now...

"Hello," Siwon stepped up and smiled at the boy.  "Are you from America?"

"Ne, Siwon sunbae."

Mr Kyung smiled.  "Now, do take care of him alright?  He'll be a great asset to the team.  Of course," he amended hastily, "I'm not saying you guy aren't great, but the SC team could do with another member right?  The more the merrier!  I'll be going now, to bring the other trainees to the TAW meeting."

Other trainees...?

Kibum shook his head.  It had been a long time, five years since they debuted, but unfortunately Dylan was still considered to ba a trainee as he have not debuted.  So were the other dongsaengs, Kichul, Haehyun and Yekyung.  Rumour has it that they would be joined by another trainee who was currently pursuing an education overseas, but would come back this year and debut along with them.  Would they treat the new guy like how they themselves has treated the youngest of the group for the first six months when he joined them? He looked over at Kyuhyun and chuckled.

"Again, dongsaeng, that didn't even leave a scratch on me," Donghae teased Kyuhyun.

Kibum got up from his place.  Time to join in the fun to attack Lee Donghae.  Hyung, what hyung, he chuckled inwardly as he poised himself beside Kyuhyun while around them combats between members of the team resumed.


"Key, can I pull Kichul and Yekyung away first?"

Key nodded, smiling as he walked over to tap his two dongsaengs on their shoulder.

"Hey, Kyung hyung wants to meet you guys," he glanced at Ryeowook who was busy concentrating on breaking the code, "so I'll see you guys after my schedule alright?"

They nodded and strode out of them room quickly as Ryeowook swivelled his chair around to look at Key.

"What's up with that?"  He asked.

"I don't know, I think they're being brought to meet the new trainee who will be arriving soon."

Ryeowook drummmed his fingers along the tabletop.

"Its funny isn't it, we keep calling the person new trainee.  Why can't they let us know if the person is a male or female?"

Key laughed at his hyung's pout before going back to his computer to break the encryption.


With one hand pulling her luggage, her jacket slung over her arm and her hand holding tightly onto her passport, Yasmin walked out of the Arrivals hall and looked away quickly as a few men surveyed her from head to toe.  Her eyes searched the surroundings for a familiar face as her phone vibrated.

"I'm sorry, I won't be able to fetch you from the airport personally.  I'll be sending Mr Kyung to fetch you, along with four others.  Saranghae."

She sighed.  "Arraso," she replied back.  "Saranghae too."

Dragging her luggage behind her, she walked towards the entrance, waiting patiently as she smiled and nodded to the children passing by her.  Children...  She has always adored children.  Babies, toddlers, young children...  She had always loved interacting with children.  And children were innocent.  Unburdened, carefree, loved...  She sighed as her phone vibrated.  No, she told herself, I won't think of this.

Her eyes lit up as she noticed who the sender was.  "Oppa, where are you?  I'm in Korea now!"


The silver car pulled into the airport driveway, and Mr Kyung, along with his charges, got out.

Haehyun and Yekyung could barely stop bouncing up and down as they needled each other throughout while Kichul walked bsides Dylan quietly, his face noncholant while Dylan looked more subdued, as if he couldn't care what the fuss was all about.  So it was to meet a new trainee and interact so that when they went back to the company, they would not be awkward.  Big deal.

Haehyun slowed down as he rounded a bend and his eyes widened in surprise while Yekyung muttered for him to get a move on.  When he looked up to see what had caught his attention, he blinked.  It couldn't be...

Kichul paused behind them, nudging Dylan softly.  "You should go up with Kyung hyung and talk to her.  After all, you're the oldest right?  You're bound to be selected as leader, hyung." 

Dylan punched him on the shoulder and rolled his eyes at the other two of his dongsaengs before going up to her besides Mr Kyung.  Female trainee, big deal.  He'll make sure he and bully her and...  He stopped abruptly beside his sunbae, whatever words wanting to come out of his mouth flying away as he saw her face break into a smile and her brown eyes softened.

Mr Kyung chuckled to himself as he noted the reactions the trainees had taken to meeting her.  It was gonna be a long day.


"Yes, yes, godsister has arrived!"

"Stop prancing around Kibum, you look like a crazy pabo," Leeteuk commented as he walked past him into the kitchen of the dorm.

Kyuhyun glared furiously at his computer screen.  "Aish!  Kim Kibum, soften down!"

Ryeowook smiled softly at the older of his two dongsaengs.  "Are you going to meet her?  I mean, with your busy schedule and all..."

Kibum ran his fingers through his hair.  "I'm not sure, she said she had something on to do first, but she'll be staying here in Seoul permanently."

"You met her in the States right?" Leeteuk asked from behind, making his dongsaeng jump.

"Ahh hyung!" he complained, taking a step backwards.

"What?  I was just thinking, what are the chances of you being spotted in the States, and her there as well?  Hmm... ?"

Kibum laughed.  "She's very pretty, and she can sing and dance as well.  My junior who is younger than me by eight years..." he pondered, thinking hard.

"AISH!  Lousy game!"

"GAME KYU!"


Haehyun jumped out of the car and rushed to open the door for Yasmin.  "My lady, if you please," he uttered.

She laughed, getting out of the car as the others chuckled loudly while Yekyung got her luggage out of he back of the car.

"Thank you," she called to the driver who nodded, as she went to retrieve her luggage from Yekyung, who pulled it out of her grasp and walked quickly with Haehyun in front, jostling with one another in front.  Dylan was walking in front silently with Kyung sunbae, listening to what Kyung had to say, and Kichul fell in step besides her.

"You're sixteen this year right?"  She nodded.

"Which month are you born in?"

"May."

"Ahh, then we'll get to call you maknae!"

"Sunbae!" she called out loudly, laughing along with him.

Upon reaching the elevator, she paused.  Kyung smiled.  "We're going to Lee Soo Man's hyung office now."


"Annyonghaseyo, TVXQ innida!"

"Annyonghaseyo, So Nyeo Shi Dae innida!"

"Annyonghaseyo, SHinee innida!"

"Annyonghaseyo, f(x) innida!"

The younger trainees smiled and bowed, introducing themselves as a group and individually.

"Annyonghaseyo, 4BG1 innida!"

"Dylan innida!"

"Haehyun innida!"

"Kichul innida!"

"Yekyung innida!

"Yasmin innida!"

Applause greeted the new group as they smiled shyly as Lee Soo Man took over.  "Each member of 4BG1 will be assigned to one group each, arraso?  All of you must help one another alright?"


After a briefing by Lee Soo Man to the new group, they were split to go to the respective dorms of the groups assigned to.  The older sunbaes would help them through training before they debut next year.  Dylan was assigned to TVXQ, while Haehyun was assigned to So Nyeo Shi Dae for there was potential in his dancing skills.  Kichul was assigned to SHINee and Yekyung to f(x), while Yasmin was assigned to Super Junior.

She felt nervous as she walked behind Kyung sunbae who has brought the rest of the other members to their assigned sunbae group before heading for hers last, as Super Junior lived a little further away from the rest.  Also, they haven't been to the meeting just before as all of them had a schedule together.  She swallowed nervously, it was going to be good for her, wasn't it?

Kyung sunbae smiled at her.

"Nervous?"

"A little.  I never had so many sunbaes to follow."

They laughed as they walked, and her laughter died down as they neared the dorm.

"You ready?"

She nodded, unable to speak, and Kyung knocked on the door.

The door opened and her eyes widened at who stood there.

"Dong... dongsaeng?"

"Oppa?"