Chapter 3.0 ~ Meeting the idols

Long Lost Dad

Was I ready? One word, no. I was here totally not ready for it, doesn't matter how many times I would tell myself, in my mind, that this would be one of the best and greatest moments in my life.. I just kept having this feeling, as if this meeting would be ending in so much more than just a meeting in the furture.. and boy was I right

Jodie had hooked his arm in mine and pulled me into the room with him, where the five band members already were waiting on us. They said a quick 'goodbye' to the group of girls who had left the room after we had walked inside.  “Three boys, didn’t see that one coming”. Taemin smiled at us and Key looked good at me and Jodie, he was looking at us as if he had trouble making his mind up about something. “Wait aren’t you..” “The girl you met in that one store.. The one with the crazy friend?” “Yes, that’s pretty much what I wanted to ask” “Well, as you can see yes I am.” Nate and Jackson seemed somewhat beaten and turned to Jodie. "What happend?" Nate looked at him with his 'Know it all' look on his face. Jodie knew he had to tell the truth now, as embarrassing as it is for him. “Well, we met Key in the store we always go to for clothes, Tomo came out with her new ‘Teamin’ shirt on and Key told her it looked good on her, she was just wearing the wrong shoes.. I kinda freaked out and had a fanboy attack” “Why doesn’t this surprise me at all? Leave it to you to have a fanboy attack in front of one of the members of our favorite band” Nate rolled with his eyes.  “How are you not having a attack right now?" Jack added to it, while shaking his head to it. “I’m trying to keep my cool, you diva.” “Would you guys stop calling each other names, there is a time and place for everything, and we don’t need you two fighting now” The two looked at me and I gave them my hard look, making them nod immediately, they sat quietly down on the couch next to me and Nate after that. “You got them under control I see” “I kinda have to, they will be a pain in the otherwise.” “Well that just sounds way to familiar" Onew looked at Minho and Key for a moment. Minho immediately looked the other way while Key looked back at Onew with a look on his face that was saying 'What in the world are you saying old man'. “I see you took my advice though.. You went for the black Shoes.” Key changed the subject, and I went with it by nodding to his statement.  “I mean, if the Kim Kibum gives you fashion advice you better listen to him.” “See guys, she gets it” “If it was up to you we would be all wearing something pink right now” “So, what is there wrong with pink Taemin?” “So, what are your names anyway?” Taemin changed the subject again, not wanting to have to argue with Key at the time. “Well, that is flamer” Key pointed to Jodie, with a big smile on his face may I add, who was as red as a tomato and hid his face behind his hair.  “Wait Flamer?” “Long story” Minho looked at me, as if he wanted to say 'No worry we've got the time'  “We all have nicknames for each other that have something to do with the band. Jodie has the most Charisma of us, also he loves sports and he is on the football team on school. Nate here” I pointed at the long boy next to me.  “Is our leader, he normally takes the word .. you know when he isn’t nervous like he is now, and he loves chicken way too much.. So we call him dubu.. Jackson is a diva. Sometimes it’s really not funny anymore, but he has a heart of gold and he is really awkward around people who he doesn’t know. He is also the youngest of us, why we didn’t call him Mankae is beyond me.. But we started calling him KeyKey, or KK for short.” The bandmembers looked at us, smiles on their faces. They didn't seem to find it weird, or anything like that. It was like if it was the most normal thing on earth to them. “What about you though?” Jonghyun looked at me with his puppy eyes - which looked way to adorable for a man who is twice my age. “We didn’t have one for me for a long time. I’m not really like any of you, well yes I’m a little like Onew as I’m clumsy but that’s about it-“ “-That was until a few days ago. We started calling her Dino. We hadn’t really a reason for it, other than her height.. She takes down the average height of our friend group, just like Jonghyun does with SHINee” I slept Jack on his arm, warning him for saying anything more about my height. "YAH! What even” “Don’t ever call me out for being small” “Why do you get so mad about it? Nate never gets angry when I joke about his length.. He is like 1.85” “That’s because I’m closer to hell then him, I’m more evil because of it” Nate coughed, which took my attention to him. “I’m not letting you on Tumblr again young lady” “You can’t tell me anything Dubu. You’re not my dad” I stuck my tongue out at him and we could hear the band members laugh softly in front of us. “Are you guys always like this?” “No Taemin, normally we are even worse. That’s what you get when you hang out with each other for almost ten years” “is it already ten years.. Damn I’m getting old!” “Jack.. You’re the youngest of us, if someone is getting old than it is Nate” “Shut up Jodie don’t joke about me getting old when you have a boyfriend that is going to coll-“ “Not here!” We all look surprised to Jodie, even the boys seemed somewhat surprised. “You okay Jodie?” He looked down at me and his eyes soften the second they hooked into my eyes.  “Yeah, just some little problems between JC and me, the normal” “Need any relationship advice, I’m the king of it as I helped these two couples more times than I could count” “Onew, not now” “What? It’s true.” I kept looking at Jodie. I only looked away from him when he gave me a fake smile after giving me the 'We will talk about this later' face. I could not believe we were here all together, it was a dream come true and strangely enough I do not feel much better because of it. It's more like I'm talking with old friends, than with my idols .. but that has its charms too, now that I think about it.

“So, your birthday is in a while right?” I looked surprised at Key, while I tried to remember when, and if, I told him that my birthday was this month. “When did I even tell you that?” “In the store you told me that you and one of your friends birthdays where close and that’s why he got you guys these tickets” “I did? Really, sometimes I have the memory of a three year old, so I’m sorry but I don’t remember that at all.. Could be because I was trying to control the fanboy” “But when is your birthday?” Jjong apparently had become curious and the others were all ears too.  “in a few days, the twentieth of May. The other guy I was talking about was Jackson, his birthday is on the twenty-fived.” “you guys are only five day apart from each other? That would be so cute if you guys where together.. You could celebrate your birthday on the same day and party” “Well, we already do that kind of.” “Wait, so you two are together” Jackson and I looked over too eachoter and right after that we both shaked our heads.  “Nope, never in a million years that I will date him! I’m sorry Jjong, but you never have been so wrong. Jack is just a good friend of mine, but I think that pigs would fly before we would be more than friends.” “Never say never Bae.” Jackson gave me a little wink, not that I could concentrate on it all that much as I had a cringe attack over the worduse of Bae. “Could you not with the word Bae.. It was a big thing like seven years ago.. Please don’t even use it again” “But your reaction is so worth it.. You just hate the word so much that you cringe” “And that’s not a good thing Jack.. Not at all” I opened my eyes wide and pouted at him. “Yeah no, puppy eyes only work when you have brown eyes.. and if they aren’t so catlike” “Well, I can not help it that I have not the eyes of Jace.. I would make Jodie think too much about him if I would have eyes like his for god sake” “Who is that Jace guy?” Taemin looked at us with curious eyes, and Jodie just fell for it. Normally he wouldn't, believe me when I say that he keeps his relationship private, even his family doens't know much about him and Jace. “Jace is my boyfriend of almost three years.” The bandmemebers became all ears for Jodie. And honestly who can judge them? Jodie always starts to shine when he talks about Jace, it makes him even more charismatic, if that is even possible. “What is he like.. He must make you happy as you just began to shine” “He is amazing, the things is that he is really busy right now. Like he has college, work, his website, the nights out with friends and than simple me.” I knew that there was more behind it, but I also knew why Jodie didn't tell them more about it. They are his idols after all. He did not want a strange light to come over him, just because his relationship with Jace isn't perfect.. But than again, I do not think the relationship between Jjong and Key, or Minho and Taemin, is as perfect as it seems. Everybody has problems in their relationships, though they are so small and soluble, you just have to work on it in order to solve those problems. Onew nodded understandable. “He makes you happy, so don’t give up on him.. But give him his space and make sure that you support him”. Jodie nodded immediately. “Yeah that sounds like a plan” I looked over to him and rolled my eyes. "Really Jodie, when I told you that you were telling me that I was being cliché, but now that Onew tells you it, it sounds like a plan” “It’s the advice from the master of relationships, he knows his stuff so yeah I take his advice.” I sighed, but I would let it go for now. Knowing Jodie, he would start about it this night. We always talk until late in the night when we stay over at one of our houses. I have a problem with sleeping and Jodie is just as bad. “guys, ten minutes” One of the crew members said in Korean, and the three guys that I may appoint as my best friends looked right at me.  “He said ‘Guys ten minutes’, meaning that there are probably ten minutes of the Meet & Greet left” “Wait you speak Korean?” “Every so slightly yes”  Nate thumped me on my arm. “Ever so slightly my , you are almost fluent in it” “Shh, don’t tell them it’s kinda embarrassing”  “Are you drunk? Why would it be embarrassing you fool” I looked over to Jack and shaked my head. He crawled more to Jodie his side, he was almost sitting on his lap now,he knew that I could slap him at any moment. I'm not always the Angel the guys know me for. "But yeah I speak Korean Minho, I learned it a few years ago when I got into Korean Dramas and Kpop.” “That’s really cool.” “It’s normal for me to try to learn other languages.. I want to travel around the world after all” “And Korea is one of the places you want to go to?” I nodded, smiling broadly at Onew. “Well, if you are going to go hit me up” “How am I even suppose to do that?” “Twitter? Instagram? I don’t know, try it”  rolled my eyes, but then nodded anyway. Who would pass that opportunity pass?

 “Okay, I think it’s time to take some pictures” Jonghyun stood up and walked toward me, and then he grabbed my hand and gave me a hug. I hugged him gently back, while being overwhelmed by the physical contact. Normally I totally did not like to hug people, even the guys I've known them for almost ten years almost never get hugs from me. When Jjong had let me go I saw that the others where hugging each other too, which made the situation for me is not really better .. I know it may sound weird, but I just really do not like physical contact and this also means that I'd rather not even hug my idols. Still, I gave the other guys a quick hug. After we had taken selfies, and had the members sign our new albums, it was really time to go. We were already some minutes over time, and the band members had a long day to go tomorrow. “Thanks for everything. We love you” Key closed the door behind us with a loving smile on his face.  “Well then, that was.” “Awesome, don’t you dare to say anything else little one” “I wasn’t going to say that, but sure, let’s keep it at awesome” Nate put his hand on my shoulder, which made me look up at the tall man. “Are you okay? We all know you don’t like hugging that much” “Yeah, I’m fine. That was probably my only change to ever hug them, or get hugged by them, so I don’t think that I regret it that much” “Can we go home? I need my beautysleep.” We all looked over to Jack, then I hit him on the shoulder. “Yeah, you need that beautysleep, without it you will look like a zombie and we don’t need that, now will we?” Jack looked insulted to me and walked a few meters ahead of us to the car. “You can’t go in the car without me Jack, wait up” I took Nate his keys out of my backpack and gave them to him, I was always someone who kept everything to everyone because I always have a bag with me. doesn't matter where I go, I always have one with me just in case. 

After a long drive we arrived at the house of Jodie. What is too big when you consider that he lives alone, at least for most of the time. His parents go a lot on business trips and the boy was left home alone at a young age. Jodie is almost used to it by now, but believe me when I say that he has had many sleepless nights because of it, he has also felt very useless because of it. If his parents didn't want him who would want to have him at all than? He was actually set negative when it came to love for a long time .. This was until he met JC and after a few months started going out with him. It just clicked between them and now, almost three years later, they are still together. Though Jodie is afraid that he can lose the boy at any moment. He thinks that JC will find someone way better than him. “Do you think I made a good impression on Minho?” “Jodie, it’s three A.M, why did you wake me up for this” “You were not sleeping, I know how bad you’re with sleeping and I know you only need like one hour of sleep.” “Don’t over think it, let’s settle with three to five hours a night.. But still though” He crawled a little more to me. We all lie on mattresses that we had laid out on the ground. I lay in between Jodie and Nate, Jackson lay next to Nate on the most left side of the room of mattresses, weak light penetrated the windows. “But Minho.. What do you think?” “I don’t know Jodie, he seemed to be more interested in his boyfriend.. Which seems logical doesn’t it.” “I wish JC would look at me the way Minho looks at Taemin” “He does, you just..” “Look another way when he does it.. I heard that one before many times. I believed it at first but honestly it’s getting old now” “What happened?” “I think he is falling out of love with me.. I can’t lose him Tomo. He showed me what love is and honestly I will never find it in someone else but him” “Jodie, he loves you. Jace loves you so much. Do you know how many times he has texted me to check on you? Even when you’re in fights he always turns to me for help and to check on you.. He wouldn’t do that if he didn’t love you” “How would you know? I have never been in love, or even had a crush on someone.. How could you possibly know this kind of stuff?” “I may never have been in love, but I’ve seen you before you knew JC.. Remember that I am the one who was friends with JC before you was? Would you think that I would ever let him date you if I didn’t backtrack him? I may not know a lot about love, but I know that what you two have is true and something worth fighting for.” “You think” I nodded.  “But you have to be able to fight. Every relationship has its own problems. I mean come one, do you really think that everything always goes good within Key and Jjong, or Minho and Taemin? It’s working hard, but it will be worth it in the end because it is love where you are fighting for.” “Now when did you become so smart? I’m older than you, I should be the one giving you advise on this, not the other way around” “I’ve learnt a lot from my uncle his mistakes. He broke up with his girlfriend over a stupid little thing, they didn’t see each other from years, but that has all been lost time, as they still loved each other and couldn’t let each other go” “and you think that the love between me and Jace is just as strong as the love between Laura and Spencer?” “yeah, maybe it’s even stronger” “The love between your uncle and his wife is way too strong, the love between JC and me is not even half as strong as theirs.. Don’t try to sweet talk me Tomo” “Well, you could just not believe me and only listen to Onew” “That was one time!” he whisper yelled to me. “Yes, after I told you the same thing over a hundred times, but you would never believe me” “Don’t be so burned about it. You would have done the same, like you’re the one who started blushing when Onew told you to hit him up when you would come to Korea” “One, I didn’t blush. Two, that was a whole other thing. You never told me something like that, no one had ever told me that.. With that, I think he was joking around, you know how he can be with his lame jokes.” “Don’t blame the lame jokes.” “Why? Because you make them too?” “Yah!” “Only telling the truth. Also keep it down. Nate and Jack may be fast asleep, but that doesn’t mean that we can just wake them up.. They were death tired when they came here” “How are you not death tired any way” “I could say the same thing about you Jodie. Normally you would wake up around four A.M to wake me up.” “Well, troubles in love will keep you up at some time in your life too” “Give me your phone” “What?” “Just do what I say” He gave me his Samsung mobile and I typed a quick message out to JC, which I then sent to him.  “What did you do?” “I wished your boyfriend a good night, told him you loved him.. Also you have a date Sunday, better be prepared for a day full of sweet love.. And maybe a night too, I don’t know about that.” “Yah! You ert!” “only for you” I stuck my tongue out and then gave him his phone back. “Now go and sleep Jodie, you need it.” “Says the vampire” “That’s the point of being a vampire pabo, they don’t need any sleep” “But.” “No buts, I’ll make sure to wake you up when breakfast is ready.” There was a pause for a few minutes. “Tomo?” “Ne?”  “thank you” “Why would you even thank me? We’ve been friends for almost ten years, it’s only normal to help each other” “Still though, you’re the only one who I trust with all the trouble between me and JC.” “That’s just because Jack didn’t approve JC to begin with and Nate would have been really dad-like and got you away from him as soon as you two would start fighting” “Can’t you just say ‘thank you’ as most people would do after getting a compliment?” “I’m sorry, thank you” He gave me a smile that was just to see the faint light of the street lamps outside. “Good night baby-girl” “Good night big-boy” “Did you really have to say Big-boy?” “If you don’t shut up now than I will choke you with me pillow” Immediately he was silent. He knew I would never do it, but he also knew that I could be a if he would annoy me too much.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if that was ty or not as good as the other two chapters.. It's just that I'm really nervous as my exams start tomorrow. I couldn't sleep so I decided to typ this whole chapter in one go.. I hope it doens't have too many mistakes. I will write again as soon as posible. And as always, keep smiling

♥ ~ Verena