Chapter 5

You Can Call Me 'Cutie'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just finished writing this so there's going to be stupid mistakes everywhere, but I have work and finals to worry about, so I'll have to fix them all later. I had originally planned for this chapter to be longer, but I gave my sister a read of what I had written already (she's brutally honest when my jokes aren't funny), and she said it'd be good to end it here, so blame her hehe. Keep an eye out for four images in this chapter, and if anyone can't read my ty handwriting (trying to not write so feminine is hard ><) I'll just replace it with text. Thank you for reading and commenting! Sorry again for not being able to reply to comments lately. I really appreciate all your subscriptions, comments and upvotes, and yes, I do stalk through any of the comments you guys make on Twitter hehe. On another note, I do sometimes post teasers on Twitter, so keep an eye out for those. Thanks again for reading, lovelies~ ♡

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There’s a proud grin on Hyukjae’s face when he walks into class on Monday morning. Sungmin tackles him into a friendly bear hug, while Kyuhyun simply rolls his eyes, but not even Kyuhyun’s lack of enthusiasm can dampen Hyukjae’s spirits.

 

“Will you quit smiling to yourself?” Shindong scoffs, though his tone is playful. “Your gums are showing.”

 

“Aw, knock it off. Hyuk’s gums are cute,” Sungmin laughs, flinging his backpack over his shoulder. “Besides, I haven’t seem him this lovestruck since eighth grade, and that girl was a nightmare.”

 

“My gums aren’t cute,” Hyukjae mumbles with a roll of his eyes, running his hand through his hair. “And I’m not lovestruck.”

 

“Whipped,” Kyuhyun interjects. “You’re absolutely whipped.”

 

“I don’t even know the guy’s real name. How the hell could I be whipped?” the elder whines, slumping his shoulders as he shuffles out of the row in the auditorium.

 

“Just admit it, Hyuk,” Shindong chuckles, pulling out his phone as the four friends begin to head out to lunch. “Your Cutie’s got you hook, line and sinker.”

 

“Like you’re any better with your girlfriend,” Sungmin adds, nudging the elder’s shoulder playfully.

 

“Hey, at least I know my girlfriend’s hot.”

 

Hyukjae tries to block out his friends’ banters as he pushes open the auditorium doors and heads out into the sunlight. It’s a rather hot day, but there’s a cool breeze that courses through Hyukjae’s veins that makes him feel just that bit more peaceful. The remainder of his Saturday night had been rather hectic, replying to the random (and quite uncalled-for) messages from his friends about his ‘Cutie’. Jongwoon was beyond pissed-off after Hyukjae had muted him, and Sungmin had given up with the phone calls, only to come banging on the door of Hyukjae’s apartment just before midnight, with a rather annoyed Kyuhyun in tow. Needless to say, Hyukjae didn’t get much sleep with Sungmin’s endless excited questions and Kyuhyun’s humourless jokes.

 

Sunday had at least been a slight rest for the brunet, kicking his friends out of his apartment at three in the morning, only to crash moments later and not to awake until two in the afternoon. When confessions 6301 and 6302 came out mere hours later, Hyukjae felt enough relief in his body to simply stare at his laptop screen for a good half hour with a childish grin adorning his cheeks.

 

“You know, Hyuk, I’m your best friend and I don’t even know your preferences in men,” Sungmin huffs as they line up at one of the university’s food stalls, Shindong waiting behind to find a table for the four.

 

“Hm?” Hyukjae hums, too busy inspect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter