Chapter 4

You Can Call Me 'Cutie'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not the longest chapter I've ever written, but I hope this answers a few questions! Sorry for the slow updates ;; Uni/finals/assignments/work/lack-of-sleep has been getting to my head ^^; Also, I'm really sorry for not replying to comments. I'm just super busy right now and barely have any time to do anything, but I do read every single word you lovely people leave for me ♡. Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting. It really means a lot to me. I promise I'll update faster as soon as my exams are over. There are six images in this chapter, so keep an eye out for them. Thanks again, guys~ ^^ 

 

 

 

Boa tags Hyukjae in a post and he immediately knows he’s finally gotten a response from his Cutie. As soon as Hyukjae reads the confession though, the next half hour passes by as if he’s stuck in slow motion.

 

There are only a handful of words that Hyukjae actually comprehends at first.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I’m a guy.

 

I’m sorry.

 

This will be my last confession.

 

And suddenly, he’s stuck. He sits for a good couple of minutes, reading and re-reading the same words over and over, but they’re still not sinking in. His mind stays blank and he’s not entirely sure what is happening.

 

People like the post. The numbers don’t grow anywhere near as fast as they did with the previous confessions, but a few people still manage to click the ‘Like’ button. There are no immediate comments though. Boa’s single comment with his name tagged, highlighting his inevitable decision to come, stands alone. It takes a full eight minutes for anyone to even utter a word.

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae stares at that single word for a little longer, only snapping out of his daze as his cell phone rings.

 

“Lee Hyukjae, did you see?!” Sungmin’s voice booms over the receiver the second Hyukjae answers.

 

The younger stays quiet for a moment, his eyes still locked on his laptop screen. He doesn’t trust his voice, but he doesn’t know why.

 

“I- uh- yeah…” he stutters out, his mind reeling as hard as it can just to utter those few syllables.

 

“What are you going to do? How do you feel about it?” Sungmin asks, his voice laced with excitement and worry at the same time.

 

Hyukjae doesn’t respond for a moment, instead opting to read and re-read the next comment to be posted. 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know…” Hyukjae sighs into his phone, watching how the number of likes next to this Chanyeol guy’s comment only increases.

 

People are watching this post like paparazzi. Too many people like the comments, waiting, just waiting for Hyukjae to respond.

 

“We assumed your Cutie was a girl. Did you even consider that they could have been a guy?! We probably totally doused his fire when we kept talking about your Cutie being a girl!” Sungmin exclaims, and Hyukjae can only now hear the unmistakeable s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter