oo1

broken heart technology

Youngjae stares at the bright packaging incredulously. Daehyun snickers beside him.

"What the hell is this?" Youngjae asks, borderline seething. He knows what it is—it says so in annoyingly large neon print—but he wants an explanation.

Daehyun shrugs with the smuggest smile on his face. "I thought that since you love androids so much, it seemed only natural to get you this."

"You got me a android!" Youngjae shouts, his fury finally boiling over the edge. He jabs a finger at the clear plastic where the android stands with its eyes closed. "Like, I'm in awe that you spent so much money on me, but I'm also horrified that you spent so much money on...this!"

"I think 'thanks' should be the thing to say," Daehyun says, and Youngjae just wants to punch the amusement out of him.

Youngjae turns to glare at Daehyun. " you."

"Does that mean I'm invited to a ?" Daehyun asks, and Youngjae isn't sure if he's feigning eagerness or what, but either way, it's terrifying.

"If you bought this android with that thought in mind, then you wasted your money," Youngjae retorts.

"Aw, come on!" Daehyun whines, taking hold of Youngjae's arm and swinging it back and forth. "Can't you at least open it? Activate him and if you don't like him, you can always shut him off."

Youngjae stares at Daehyun, unimpressed, but when Daehyun doesn't back down, Youngjae sighs. He hates to admit it, but he's curious about this android.

Daehyun cheers, pumping a fist into the air as Youngjae finds scissors to open the box.

//

Ten minutes later, Zelo lies on the couch, almost as if he's asleep, in a standard issue blue and white uniform. Daehyun twirls Zelo's blonde hair in between his fingertips as he reads the manual. Youngjae sits on the floor, tipping back and forth between disinterest and curiosity.

"Says here to turn him on, you gotta say 'Wake up, Zelo'," Daehyun reads, and almost immediately after that, Zelo's eyes blink open. Daehyun jumps up, letting the synthetic strands of hair fall. "Oh !"

Youngjae really hates to admit it, but Zelo actually looks kinda cute.

Zelo sits up, perky and attentive, his eyes wide and bright. "Hello. My name is Zelo, a fifth generation RXT android made to fulfill your every ual desire. I am equipped with a quantum battery that makes me functional and autonomous for 185 years. I will ask you a series of questions concerning your wants and needs to further your pleasure. These preferences can be reset by going to settings."

Both Youngjae and Daehyun blink as Zelo waits for confirmation.

"O-okay," Youngjae eventually says.

"Do you prefer a gentle, playful, or rough lover?" Zelo begins, and Youngjae is so taken aback that he finds himself speechless.

"Playful," Daehyun says before Youngjae can gather his bearings.

Youngjae turns to Daehyun. "What the hell? Why are you giving him your preferences?"

Daejyun shrugs. "I'll be honest. You need a little more humor in your life."

Youngjae opens his mouth to protest, but Zelo continues.

"Do you prefer the use of toys?"

Daehyun snorts. "He comes with toys too?"

"Yes," Zelo replies, and Daehyun jumps. "There is an array of toys that comes in my package."

It's Youngjae's turn to snort. "I can't believe you didn't know that. You're the one who bought him."

Daehyun's too busy rummaging through the box, no doubt looking for the toys, to listen to Youngjae. "Oh , there's a , a , a ring— Whoa, who uses beads anymore? Damn, there's a plug too. Oh, , three plugs. Small, medium, and large." As Daehyun lists the items, he throws them out of the box, and Youngjae can only feebly attempt to catch them.

Daehyun climbs out of the box, and faces Zelo again with a grin. "Yes."

Zelo blinks. "If yes, please specify which toys."

"All of them," Daehyun replies, quicker than a bullet, and Youngjae throws his hands up, not caring about the toys falling to the floor.

"You know what, if you're gonna be answering all these questions, I'm not even gonna bother," Youngjae says, crossing his arms.

"Do you prefer top or bottom?" Zelo asks.

Daehyun turns to look at Youngjae and considers him for a moment. Eventually, he turns to Zelo again, and says, "Bottom."

Youngjae is already formulating a sharp response, but then he realizes that it isn't worth it.

"Do you like the practice of ?"

Daehyun doesn't reply, and Youngjae looks at him.

"Hey, these are actual ual preferences that I don't know if you're into," Daehyun says. " is pretty serious."

"So is getting a shoved up my ," Youngjae grumbles before he faces Zelo. "No."

"Do you like the practice of exhibitionism?"

Youngjae pauses. Suddenly, he wants Daehyun to leave—or at least have Daehyun answer the questions again—because he has a feeling the questions are going to get a lot more personal. But... Exhibitionism? It won't hurt to try, right? "...yes?"

Youngjae can already feel Daehyun's curious gaze, but he doesn't look at Daehyun.

"How open are you to different positions?"

Daehyun is snickering again, and Youngjae really wants him to leave now, but Youngjae considers the question anyway.

"Very."

The next couple questions do, in fact, become more and more embarrassing, and Daehyun's snorts and giggles become full blown laughs.

"What is your name?" Zelo asks, and Youngjae wonders if—hopes—this is the final question.

"Yoo Youngjae."

"System restart," Zelo announces, and he promptly shuts off, his body slumping forward. A couple seconds later, he sits back up, blinking. He smiles as he locks eyes with Youngjae. "Hi, Youngjae."

"H-hi," Youngjae replies.

"Ooh, are you flustered?" Daehyun asks, nudging Youngjae's side.

Youngjae pushes Daehyun away with a scowl on his face, but he can feel the familiar heat beginning to creep up his cheeks. "No, I'm not."

Daehyun grins. "Yes, you are."