The cabin

Goodbye, my beloved Danger

"It's funny, don't you think?" Jiyong asked, looking through the window in the passenger seat.

Before noon, they managed to visit doctor Park Bom, Seungri's family doctor -a very odd one-. She seemed sometimes more childish and some others more misterious, but never like a doctor Jiyong had visited in the past. Bom had made sure his wounds were not infected while patching them all. He left with so many questions to ask her, she seemed to know so much about Seungri, as if she were his older sister and confidant; yet, he was terrified to know wether or not the inspector would allow him to get the answers he wanted.

"What could be funny in our situation?" Seungri's tone wasn't rude nor ironic, he was genuinely curious to know what was going on inside Jiyong's head.

"You were right," his eyes still glued to the window when he answered, Seungri almost forgot to hold the wheel. "She did cheat on me and I had motive."

"Stop this, it was not your fault!" Seungri pulled out of the roadway and into an alley nearby.

Jiyong was looking at him with a glimse of fear, Seungri's tone of voice had been unusually harsh, completely different from the man he knew. His face reminded him of that time, almost two years ago, when everything broke apart. The only time Jiyong truly feared the other.

It had been a stormy night, Jiyong's father had died and he was now in charge of everything under the Kwon household. That, unfortunately, meant more people paying attention to his every move. He couldn't afford to be seen with Seungri, not when he wasn't capable of keeping his hands off the boy. It wasn't good neither for him nor for the inspector and that realization gave Jiyong the idea of stepping out of Seungri's life, living with the worst heartbreak he could ever experience.

Seungri stoped the engine and turned to look at Jiyong. He kept his eyes glued to the roadway, scared to face the other and that voice that made him shiver.

"Can we please talk about this?" Seungri raised his hand to take Jiyong's chin and make him turn his head, but then again he stopped midair and just placed his hand on the back of the seat, his fingers merely brushing the other's strands of hair, "I never thought you could kill her, my boss thinks that, I was just trying to push you."

"You think..." Jiyong stoped talking just to steal a look from the inspector. "You think she knew about us? And that... made it easier for her?"

"I don't know," his hand seemed to have a mind on his own and slowly moved closer to Jiyong's hair "we haven't seen eachother in quite some time."

"Not like that at least."

They both laughed for a while, just letting their memories flow and take them back to those days. Seungri felt Jiyong's head now resting on his hand and turning to see him with the smile he knew so well, the same smile he haven't seen in so long.

"It's good to see you like that," Seungri whispered, not sure if he wanted the brunette to listen.

"This is one of your many talents, Seungri-ah, making me smile like this."

Jiyong wanted to speak more and ask so many questions, how the inspector had been doing after they stopped seeing each other, if he had managed to build a family, if he kept the songs he scribbled for him, if he missed being with him. However, he couldn't mutter anything else and decided to continue enjoying the Seungri's presence, his eyes glued to him.

"How did you manage to remain this handsome?" Jiyong asked out of the blue, surprising even himself "I mean, you look young, fresher, your dark circles are merely visible, you look less like a panda and more like the gorgeous man I..."

He stopped as soon as realization crawled into his skull and made him see just how much had flowed from his mouth. The brunette was forced to stuff the rest of his sentence inside his mouth, in a rush, before he finishing digging his own grave.

"Thanks?" Seungri received his rambling with a shy and unsure smile, oblivious or just smart enough to ignore what seemed obvious to Jiyong "We need to get going, a storm is coming."

Jiyong sighed, grateful and nodded. He thought it was for the better that he kept all his longing burried inside his chest, the inspector probably had his life figured out by now and his feelings would only manage to hurt them both.

Maybe it was guilt or the need to punish himself for his past decisions that made him choose to imagine Seungri's life without him, a beautiful house out of town, a gorgeous wife that would greet him with a kiss and a hugh after a long day of work. There was a time when he imagined him doing just that, sorting out his family's businesses from home before the inspector returned home. Sadly, Jiyong was a coward in his own eyes, one that didn't deserve Seungri at all.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"What?" Jiyong almost jumped out of his seat and looked confused at Seungri but he has his eyes glued on the muddy road.

"You seem to be anywhere but here, I'd like to know what's going through your mind." the inspector took a glimpse into the passenger seat and giggled, the brunette's confused expression was adorable as always "Please?"

"I was," he sighed, not taking his eyes from the driver, "Seungri, are you married?"

"Wha... Were does that even come from?" the inspector got stiff immediately, holding the wheel with enough strength to hurt, and that didn't go unnoticed by Jiyong.

"I'm sorry if the question bothers you," he averted his eyes and went back to count the raindrops on his window "you deserve to be happy with the one you love."

Seungri looked at him for a second after he went silent. This reunion was getting more and more unexpected with every second, they haven't talked like friends -let alone lovers- for more than a year and now Jiyong was suddenly interested in his life. The whole thing was surreal, in a way, he expected the brunette to treat him like he did two years ago -dismissing his feelings as if they were no big deal-, but at the same time he was somewhat happy to still have a special place in the other's mind. Something inside him was screaming to tell Jiyong how much he hated him for breaking his heart, how much how cried when the invitation to his marriage arrived or how much he had missed his warmth on rainy nights like these.

"Here? Really?" blurted Jiyong as soon as the small wooden cabin was visible.

"Well, yeah," Seungri answered a little insecure "I know you don't wanna be here, but I thought no one would look for us in here."

"No one knew after all," the brunette added sighing.

They remained silent the rest of the way. Seungri was the first to leave the car after he turned off the engine, Jiyong ran behind him under the rain and knelt a few steps before the front door to take the key from under one of the bricks. The inspector looked at him surprised as he opened the door like it wasn't something he haven't done in years. The scene seemed so familiar and so foreign at the same time and the urge to just hugh the other and forget the past started to grow inside of him like a flame.

"What are you waiting for?" Seungri looks at him still lost in thought before Jiyong pulls him inside "You're gonna get drenched if you stay under the rain, Seungri-ah."

"You remembered." he said, taking Jiyong's hand before he could let go of him "I thought you wouldn't."

Jiyong shrugged without looking at him before freeing his hand and walking towards the fireplace.

"I chose where to hide it, some things I just can't seem to forget."

"But you want to." the inspector walked slowly, trying to see the expression in the other's face. He didn't want it to sound that much as a statement and he cursed himself mentally, his emotions where getting the best of him.

"Does it really matter?" Jiyong stopped himself from just tell him everything that was going through his mind, insted, he just changed topic "There isn't enough wood here, could you look around?"

"Got it," Seungri sighed and turned around.

However, before leaving he added, "don't burn anything, this room holds my happiest memories" and Jiyong almost burnt himself.