Stupid Game

KISS YOU

She’d known this party was a bad idea and should’ve expected from the very beginning every party that involving the Kwon siblings always brings anything but a big trouble for her. Since Jessica’s known clumsy and not really good to handle her liquor, that’s why sometimes she trapped by the jokes or games which thrown either by Jiyong or Yuri (they’re known witty, playful and mischievous).

 

Last time was enough to moles either her physique or psyche, where she had to be paired with Shindong to play 7 minutes (it was only 3 minutes in hell actually) in heaven and ended up in hospital. She lost some oxygen and fainted, because Yuri’s cupboard was too little to relocate both of them, which Shindong spent ¾ of the place as he ate his cheddar bacon hamburger with cucumber extra as its pickle carelessly.

 

Jessica shuddered at that thought.

 

But this time is worse than she had with Shindong. At least Shindong is one of her close friends and such a moron, Jessica only need to scold and gave him a long lecture as threw her infamous glare where Shindong turned to be (a big) puppy and just nod at whatever Jessica wants and says.

 

And now?

 

Jessica watched in horror as the menacing green bottle that had been merrily spinning in circles just second ago, slowed to a drunken wobble before coming to a dead stop with its damning neck pointed directly at her like the barrel of a loaded gun that ready to shoot her anytime.

 

She was only vaguely aware of the sudden laughter underscoring a few shouted ‘woos’.

 

“No way in Dante’s seven levels of hell I kiss that freak!” she gasped, starring at the bottle in horror still.

 

Really, she should just spend her time to watch the re-run of Modern Family tonight than agreeing to follow her boyfriend, Donghae, to the party. Besides, her best friends, Sunny and Hyoyeon kept begging to her to join.

 

Wait … how could that freak join this party?

 

It’s only for the popular kids, right?

 

The jocks and the cheerleaders?

 

Oh—right the freak’s BOYFRIEND is one of the popular kids.

 

Ok Taecyeon.

 

Yeah, how could she forget that?

 

He was her boyfriend who no longer hers.

 

And lately, Yuri has an odd bound with the freak. She still curious as cat with the bounding they shared.

 

“Too bad, well … not that really bad Jess, it would be totally hot! Come on! Just do it!” Jiyong said, smirking at her.

 

“Hell yeah, it’s about the damn time!” It was Hyoyeon’s voice turn.

 

“Take or loss, Jess?!” Yuri shouted from nowhere.

 

Tearing from the bottle sight, now, her eyes are glaring dangerously at the girl in front of her. The girl who spun that freaking bottle, the girl who did anything but enough to annoyed her high school life, and the girl whom her ex-boyfriend fell and decided to dump her for.

 

Im ‘loser-geek-freaking’ Yoona.

 

Actually, for an hour or so, she’d been having a perfectly good time, avoiding the alcohol that was flowing freely while enjoying the spectacle her friends made in their various degrees of drunkenness. Then Jiyong suggested a game, spin the bottle, but only 12 kids that agree to join … included her boyfriend and best friends who dragged her into the game. And Jessica had known from the devious gleam in Jiyong’s eyes and the smirk on his face that he was looking to cause trouble.

 

After all, most of these kids was coupled up, and alcohol plus jealously equaled potential disaster. Especially when the most annoying and disastrous couple, TaecYoon (Ugh, she wanted to vomit when she thinks about how lame that couple name is) was only just barely back together again after a bitter, jealously fueled break up.

 

Yuri had cranked up the music, set the other popular kids off in a game of beer pong, then proceeded to corral the 12 kids up and gather them into a circle in Kwon’s living room. Meanwhile Jiyong, doing his duty as the host, he slapped down an empty bottle of Rolling Rock and given it a spin. He’d laid an obnoxious kiss on Sunny, stopping only when Siwan, her boyfriend cleared his throat. Sunny had offered the boy a quick peck to placate him before she’d managed to expertly spin Hyoyeon, to the obvious delight of all the guys. Hyoyeon had kissed Minho, maybe too enthusiastically for Yuri, who has crush on him, her best friend, so unconsciously she cleared , too loud. Hyoyeon just grinned at her, but only replied by a glare. The brief tension between the trio had passed pretty quickly, after Minho had spun Yoona and been forced to lay an awkward, blink and you missed it, kiss on her lips.

 

And now, here they were, with Yoona’s spin landing on the Ice Quee Bee, who was not amused at all. Yoona looking wide eyed at Jessica’s infamous glare.

 

“Spin again, Freak.” The insult slipped again from Jessica’s mouth. Donghae who sat beside her, stiffen uncomfortably.

 

“Don’t be harsh Jess.” He muttered under his breath. But Jessica just shoot him glare, with ‘are you a moron?’ face. However, Donghae only shook his head in disappointment. She just remembered that her boyfriend was deep into sort of bromance with Taecyeon, and therefore had decided that he should actually try to befriend Im Yoona. He just didn’t get how wrong that was.

 

“Nah, you don’t get a veto Jung. This Im kid spun you, now you gotta kiss her.”

 

“Shut the up, Yul!” Jessica hissed. “I’m still wondering, how could you stand around this freak! Look at you now, you look as freak as her!”

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes on Jessica, “Oh … Now you used the F word to me, huh? FYI … that’s not your own business. And stop being !” She lunged only to be grabbed around her waist by Minho.

 

“Whoa … ladies. I don’t want any cat fight here, because I’m all about the girl on girl lip action right about now. And my sister’s got a point, Jessica. Rules are rules. You and Yoona gotta kiss.”

 

Jessica really wanted to smack that cocky smirk right off Jiyong’s face, and then slap Yuri just for the hell of it.

 

“Guys, listen, they don’t have to if they don’t want to.” Suddenly everyone turned to look at Taecyeon, who sat red face with his arm possessively slung over Yoona’s shoulder. “W-well … I mean they’re totally both girls. It like, doesn’t count if they’re both girls, right?”


Hyoyeon rolled her eyes harden and everyone wondering if her eyes got stuck or something, “It counted for Sunny and I, dude.”

 

“Ok-kay… but..”

 

“But what, big teeth?”

 

Teacyeon glanced sheepishly at the still fuming the younger Kwon, and wisely decided not to finish his thought. Yoona seemed to finally shake off her uncharacteristic stillness, and patted Taecyeon’s hand reassuringly.

 

“Hey, it’s alright, Taec. I’m willing to just follow the rules of the game. But yeah, I understand why Jessica may feel uncomfortable with this, and …”

 

“Oh my God …” Yuri interrupted. “Just deal with it, and kiss each other!”

 

“Fine! Whatever!” Jessica just wanted this whole thing to be over now. Really, how bad could it be? One quick peck on the lips and they could just move on. “Let’s just get over with!”

 

“Alright! Don’t forget, do it right, babes. I wanna see some tongue.”

 

“Shut up, Ji!”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, rose from her comfy position on the couch, and adopted her familiar ice queen bee pose. “Just come here, Im, before I change my mind.”

 

Yoona was perched on the edge of the chair she was sharing with Taecyeon, and she threw him a questioning glance before responding the queen bee’s command. “It’s okay, Yoong.” He quietely reassured her girlfriend. “It’s just a party game, right?”

 

“Of course.” She reassured him with a genuine smile. Jessica rolled her eyes as she watched the sickly sweet exchange.

 

The taller girl squared her shoulders and stood, nervously smoothing her hands over her pants before stepping to the center of the circle in front of Jessica. “I believe that ten seconds would be adequate to qualify as a, quote unquote, real kiss.”

 

“Did you seriously just say, ‘quote unquote’?”

 

“it’s a perfectly acceptable idiom.”

 

“You are such a freak!” Jessica barked.

 

“Hey! Just kiss already so we can move the hell on!”

 

Really, Jessica wanted to flip Yuri at that moment. But she knew better, with Yuri’s posture, she could be smacked by her in a blink of eye. And she still remembers, when Yuri threw her off on the floor when they fight about who was better and should be the captain of the cheerleader squad at that time. So, with a forced, Jessica should deal and get over with it.

 

She turned her attention back to Yoona, and noticed the faint blush that painted the taller girl’s cheeks. Jessica sighed and starred into an intense pair of doe eyes. She felt the strangest little shiver run through her, probably disgust. Yeah, just disgust.

 

Studying the other girl, she tried to pick out something good to focus on. Well, she supposed Yoona’s outfit was moderately fashionable for a change. A pair of black jeans, no questionable the yellow large sweaters with a Mickey Mouse picture on it, even the glass with its black frame placed neatly covering her doe eyes. Jessica wonders to feel like she was molesting a five year old. And okay, the ‘freak’ like how she insulted her, was having a pretty good hair day even if Jessica wasn’t really a fan of bangs.

 

Her gaze unconsciously fell to the Yoona’s lips, which really did look kind of soft, really soft and sort of kissable. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

 

So, Jessica rocked up; Yoona leaned forward and …

 

Holy sweet Jesus!

 

 

***

 

 

In her life, Yoona had kissed exactly two boys in her sixteen years.

 

Taecyeon had been her first. Although that kiss had been the very definition of stolen, because he’d been dating Jessica at that time. It was just they caught the moment when they studied Math together as enjoying Yoona’s mom pancake and the strawberry syrup left a little on Yoona’s upper lips. At first, Taecyeon had been hesitated, urge to wipe it. Yoona who clueless with what happened just shrugged and let Taecyeon lean and wipe it. But then without warning, Taecyeon put his lips on Yoona’s. That kiss, however imperfect it may have been everything she’d ever dreamed that a first kiss should be, well, at least until Taecyeon had run out on her.

 

And kissing Jiyong had been nice enough. But there had been absolutely no emotional connection, and Yoona had realized she needed more than just a hook up. He hadn’t been the boy she’d wanted, and she certainly hadn’t been the girl he’d wanted. Jiyong who just has mental break down, because his girlfriend cheated on him all this time and got pregnant with someone else, found Yoona sat as read a novel on rooftop of the school. He let out all his emotions there, Yoona silently listened all his rant. Since those moments, both of them getting closer and hooking up. But after 3 weeks of hook up, they parted away. Jiyong was the one who ended it up, he apologized to her. Really apologized, because actually he had good time with her and she was too good to him but he’d never has the real feeling for her. So did her. And after that, that was never to be mentioned again, they decided to make a friend zone instead.

 

She’d only glimpsed that elusive magic with Taecyeon, that rush of happiness that had come from finally claiming the boy she’d wanted all along after the boy dumped his girlfriend for unknown reason. But what Yoona heard from all the rumors was because he dumped Jessica for her. He said she was totally different from Jessica who likes to whine, anything but always being to him. Yoona felt a little smug and proud at that time. She would have sworn to anyone who would listen, which turned out to be no one really, that kissing Taecyeon was almost as amazing as the fireworks were exploding between them. Even if it wasn’t exactly the perfect movie script romance that she’d once imagined.

 

After all, he had thrown his virtue away because of his childlike attitude, the misunderstanding and cursing her for having hook up with Kwon Jiyong again, and this time behind him which was actually not true at all. Because that was the rumor that Jessica spread around the school. And he just fell easily in it. She and Taecyeon had only just reunited, but they were stronger for having worked through their difficulties, and she had to come to realize that having someone who’d seen her at the best and worst, who knew her and still loved her, flaws and all, was the real magic.

 

Or so she’d thought, until the moment she’d kiss Jessica Jung.

 

Yoona had fully intended the barest of contact; a closed mouth kiss during which she would count slowly to ten, and then, probably after some insult to her femininity from Jessica, she could return to her boyfriend’s side and forget the whole thing.

 

What Yoona had forgotten instead was how to count, and breath, and possibly her own name. The first brush of soft lips hadn’t immediately registered as anything other than mildly pleasant, but then Jessica had tilted her head just so and her lower lip had fallen between Yoona’s and a little zing of electricity  had short circuited the geek’s brain. All she knew as soft, sweet, and magical.

 

Her eyes fluttered closed and every cliché she'd ever heard seemed to happen to her all at once. Her knees went weak, butterflies were turning pirouettes in her stomach, her skin was tingling, blood singing, it’s not only fireworks like she had with Taecyeon, but the Big Bang was exploding in her deepest heart, and—screw the violins—there was a symphony playing a romantic overture loud enough to drown out the catcalls and whistles of their friends.

 

As they fell deeper into the kiss, Yoona's arms somehow slipped around the ice queen’s waist and Jessica's fingers sank into Yoona’s dark hair and neither of them seemed aware that they'd inadvertently honored Jiyong's request for tongue. At least until Yoona heard, and felt, a moan that she was fairly certain was not her own and crashed into full awareness.

 

Yoona jerked herself back and away from Jessica as though she'd been burned, and stood breathless and panting as her fuzzy senses slowly began to come back into focus. She stared at the shorter girl in front of her, half expecting to see anger and disgust blazing across her face, but to her surprise, Jessica looked just as dazed as Yoona felt. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes heavy lidded, her chest heaving as she struggled to catch her breath, and her arms half raised in the air, seemingly still in search of the girl who'd just been in them.

 

Well, with the exception of the music blaring from the speakers, the entire circle of friends around them fell completely silent, for about twenty seconds before Sunny said,

 

“That was so hot.”

 

 


 

Done for the first chapter! i know it's a short chapter. But i hope you'll like it. Don't forget give the comment! Thank you! :) 

 

XoXo,

Lucy