답가 (Reply)

And One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo strolled through the campus of his high school. It was big, big enough to get lost. Kyungsoo was holding his textbooks tightly while rushing through the dripping rain. For the second time this week, it was raining. Kyungsoo would pray every night for good weather only to be greeted by sneezing rain.

 

"Some luck I have," He rambled as he rubbed his feet against the wet mat.

 

Physics. Physics, Physics, Physics. The class Kyungsoo despised the most appeared right in front of his schedule even though he requested not to enter into physics. He mumbled incoherent words as he sluggishly walked to his seat. Thanks to the messed up system of the school’s scheduling system, all of his friends were in Astronomy I while he was in Physics I. What was worse was either he had to take Physics II or take Astronomy I with the freshman's next year. The school wouldn’t let him change his course in the middle of the 3rd term, oh no. He had to it up and get through it.

 

“School is so bogus,” He whispered to himself. It was like he hated school.

 

Correction, he truly did hated school. It was almost like he was an emotionless robot; he never smiled, laughed, cried, frown. He never even bothered to talk. It seemed like he was always in his own world of books nobody cared about.

 

Or knew.

 

He valued his time of reading. Every moment feels like a split of a second; every hour feels like it’s only been five minutes.

 

Books were there when nobody was there for him.

 

Books were there when nobody cared for him

 

Books were his friends.

 

He rarely talked to anybody. Thus, he was pronounced as “The School's Book Nerd”, but he never cared for what they have called him. He only cared about his $15 discounted book from the nearby bookstore near his house (which he was practically bargained for).

 

Sure the popular kid, Oh Sehun, would intimidate him from time to time, but it wasn’t like Kyungsoo wanted to kill himself. He would just simply shrug it off. Even his only true friends, Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, can’t quite understand his love for books.

 

But they also failed to understand why their vision is the opposite of 20/20.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t care. Kyungsoo still can’t figure out why he hangs out with two stupid heads who only knows how to talk.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo is here already!” Baekhyun pointed as he sat himself down next to Kyungsoo.

 

“Hey, man,” Baekhyun greeted with a smile. He pushed his spectacles while anticipated an answer from the greeted boy.

 

Nothing.

 

No answer. It was like he didn’t say anything to the concentrated boy.

 

“Hello?” He waved at Kyungsoo.

 

No response.

 

“Kyungsoo?” He waved his hand in sight of Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo blinked for a couple of seconds, trying to process what happened.

 

"What?" He blankly stared at Baekhyun. Baekhyun chuckled as he shook his head a few times.

 

"When will you ever start paying attention to the world a little more and stop devoting most of your time to a lame book," Baekhyun smirked.

 

"When I can find a girlfriend," he bluntly replied as he went straight back to his book.

 

"At this rate, you'll die alone!" Baekhyun exclaimed. He jokingly placed his palms on his cheeks and widen his eyes, creating a surprised face.

 

"That's the point, Byun. Who needs girls? They are a waste of time, money and plain annoying!" The boy scrunched his face while turning his page. The crispy sound of the page turning made Baekhyun's stomach turn into knots.

 

"How dare you say that! Women are one of the most amazing things made from God! It goes from their y S line to their beautful facial features. Don't forget about their alluring person-"

 

"Not every girl can be like Taeyeon from Girl's Generation. Plus, f(x)'s Victoria is way prettier than Taeyeon!" He shot back.

 

"Say the one who was ranked 93rd on the Critics List of Pretty Women in 2013 and that was like two years ago!" Baekhyun mocked.

 

"Just because she wasn’t on the list last year doesn’t mean she isn’t pretty. I mean, there are thousands of beautiful women who didn’t make it on the list. You saw Beyonce, right?” He set his book down.

 

“You actually know who Beyonce is?” Baekhyun jokingly gasped in surprise.

 

“I’m not stupid, Baekhyun. Of course I know who she is!” Kyungsoo glared.

 

Baekhyun gagged while laughing. “I had to clarify!” He lifted his palms. Kyungsoo continued to glare at Baekhyun.

 

“Why am I even arguing with you?” Kyungsoo huffed as he lifted his book back on his palms and went back to the page he was on.


 

“Anyways, I’m just saying. We’re eighteen and and you haven’t even got a girlfriend yet!” Baekhyun explained.

 

Hah.

 

All of Kyungsoo eighteen years of life, he never was involved in a relationship. He never really thought about this so seriously. He was single.

 

Eighteen years.

 

Single.

 

“Who cares if I’m single. I mean, why should I care? I have to focus on studying first,” Kyungsoo stated.

 

"True but isn't it kind of stuffy just sitting in an uptight room and memorizing a whole textbook for a three page test?" Baekhyun rhetorically asked.

 

"Well, Baekhyun, that three page test is at least 70% if your grade," Kyungsoo added.

 

"It was a rhetorical question, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun deadpanned Kyungsoo.

 

"Sorry," He mockingly muttered as he turned the beige coloured page of his book.

 

"Anyways, I think you should get out a little more, attend a party, meet a nice girl and date her," Baekhyun suggested. Kyungsoo scoffed in reply.

 

"Guess what? All girls are the same; they only come for the money, not love. It's all about the money," Kyungsoo replied. Baekhyun let out a small laugh.

 

"That's only in the dramas!" Baekhyun shot back while jokingly punching Kyungsoo's arm.

 

"It's not, Baekhyun. It's real," Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun.

 

"You worry too much! Loosen up a bit, Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter