Epilogues Are Cool

...You Can Never Know

In light of the tragedy, and the fact that a decent number of people on board were fans who were going to see the show filming in China, the management of SM was more than happy to pull the plug on EXO’s activities for the week, in solidarity with the rest of the two countries.

One beacon of light in the aftermath was situated firmly in the dorms. Chanyeol had been saving up what little pocket money the company was forced by law to pay him to take Kyungsoo on a real date, but all the latter wanted to do was waste time in the company of his boyfriend. Hour 27 of their movie marathon/who-can-stay-up-the-longest contest staged on Kyungsoo's bed had finally produced a winner, as Kyungsoo realized Chanyeol had crashed from his eighth cup of coffee straight into lullaby land.

‘I wonder what the other guys are thinking,’ Kyungsoo mused, recalling that Sehun had given the shared room a wide berth since the group’s activities were suspended. ‘Heh, Chanyeol’s face looks like a rice cake,’ he noted deliriously as he poked the side of Chanyeol’s face that wasn’t smushed up against his arm. ‘This is your mistake.’ His lips inched closer and closer to the other’s. ‘I’m gonna eat you up.’

“Mmm…”

Kyungsoo drew back so quickly that he hit his head on the wall behind him. “Ow!”

“Huh? You ‘kay?” Chanyeol murmured after opening his eyes to see Kyungsoo’s scrunched up in pain.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he hissed, blinking away a tear. “Hey, we should wash up for bed.”

“Did I lose?” he groaned.

“Yup.”

“Welp. That means you get your present doubled.”

Kyungsoo blinked. “Present? Doubled? What are you talking about?”

“You’ll see in a second,” Chanyeol replied. And promptly rolled over and fell out of bed. Kyungsoo opened his mouth to voice his concern, but before he could, “Don’t, I meant to do that,” came from below in a slightly pained voice. There was a bit of rummaging under the bed before two arms lifting two somewhat poorly wrapped shapes rose from the side of the bed.

“What are these?” Kyungsoo asked, taking them from his hands.

“Well, one’s a fifth frienderversary present, and the other is your prize for winning the contest. Open the red one first."

He opened them in order to reveal an adorable blue stuffed penguin and his equally adorable giraffe friend.

“Are these supposed to be me and you?” he smirked, squishing the two together and then up against his own face.

“Something like that,” Chanyeol responded, folding his arms over the side of the bed.

Kyungsoo giggled before pressing the mouth of the penguin to Chanyeol’s. “You’re silly and I like it.”

Chanyeol kissed the penguin,

“You’re silly and I like you,

Before moving up to kiss Kyungsoo himself.


 

 

 

~ * ~
Despite this bad week
I cherish it all because
You can never know

~ * ~

Sehun be like, "TF who broke the TV!?"