Chapter 6

Never Going Back

“This can’t be happening. I swear, this can’t be happening.”

She kept on saying over and over again as she started biting her nail. She was in the backseat of a car and couldn’t help but insult her sister for everything. It was Jessica’s fault this was happening and it was her fault she was in this situation. Oh, she was going to make her sister pay.

“C’mon little girl, it’s not that bad.”

How in the world did she end up there? One minute she was with her sister and their new two lawyers, one of them being the most egocentric man in earth, and the other she was being pushed inside a car by her sister with said man. She didn’t want to be at that party, she had a bad feeling about it before she went inside, but now she just wanted to go back and leave this obnoxious man behind.

And to make it worse, the guy wasn’t even driving. He had a personal driver and he was right there, next to her with that annoying little smirk on his face. He probably thought he was the best thing that happened to the world.

“Not that bad? I would rather be kidnapped and have my organs sold in the black market than have to be in a car with you.”

“Don’t be so mean, I’m trying to have a nice conversation.”

Nice conversation? All he did so far was call her little girl and make her feel like she was 12 years old and that she shouldn’t even leave the house. In such a big planet how was possible to bump into this man so many times in such a short period of time?

“I’ve no idea what lies you told my sister, but trust me when I say you’ll never have me in the same car as you ever again.”

She could see him actually smiling and almost laughing. What was wrong with him? Seriously, what?

“Why can’t you be like you uncle…”

As soon she said it, she could swear his expression changed. It went from confident to angry and pissed off. Was he…jealous? Was he actually pissed off she just compared the two of them?

No, such thing was impossible.

He just loved to , and bringing up his uncle would only make him feel bad, it was the only explanation she could get to justify his attitude towards her. When they were with her sister he was actually being pleasant but she could see through him. She could see it was all a lie and she couldn’t believe Jessica was falling for that act! After all she said about Kim Myungsoo she was finding him pleasant.

But she was pretty sure that the main reason why Jessica was finding this annoying man pleasant was only because he was partner’s with Mr. Greek God who was clearly interested in Jessica and vice versa. God, those two were making her feel nauseas and she had no idea how to stop. Was Jessica seriously falling in love with a man? Was she actually acting like a 16 year old little girl who was with her first crush?

Krystal took a long, deep breath and tried her best not to go insane, but her head was already hurting too much. This man made her feel so sick she was about to throw up. She didn’t know what to do to be honest. She thought about jumping from the moving car, but she decided it wasn’t a good idea.

“I think we started with the wrong foot…I think we can get along.”

He gave her another smirk and placed a hand, a very gentle touch on her leg. Her eyes opened widely as he did so and even if she wasn’t staring at him, she was positive he was giving her a creepy smirk. Inside her head a little voice started screaming, telling her to leave and telling her that he was dangerous.

“Stop the car!”

The driver didn’t even question, he probably heard her scared tone, so instead of asking his boss, Myungsoo, what he should or shouldn’t do, he just stopped driving and as soon the car stopped, Krystal opened the door and started walking away as fast as she could. She left her phone and wallet behind, but at that moment she was just too scared to be in the same car as that man.

“Krystal! Where are you going?”

She kept ignoring his words as he kept on calling her over and over again, and continued walking without saying a single thing. She hated herself for running with heels, it hurt a lot, but she was sure that in a matter of time she would be able to be in a safe place where Myungsoo couldn’t find her.

“Krystal! It’s dangerous to be alone at night!”

“It’s less dangerous than being in the same car as you!”

“Stop being such a child!”

“Stop being such a ert!”

She shouted and all of her thoughts were focused on getting away from that place as soon as possible. He rolled his eyes, thinking that she was acting like a little baby and that if someone caught them having this lovely conversation, his business would go bankrupt before it started.

Krystal had no idea where she was, but who cared. She could see cabs nearby and after that she would send the bill to her sister. She was so distracted that she just came back to real life when her right arm was suddenly grabbed by so much force that she had to stop walking. This was one of the reasons why she hated using heels. She couldn’t walk as fast as she needed, and at this moment she really needed to run like the freaking Flash.

His grip made her look right into his face and he could see he wasn’t too happy by running after her. She could see a very angry expression and could see he was about to get seriously angry. Good.

“God damn it. You can’t ignore people that way!”

“You can’t touch women that way!”

His eyes opened a little bit more and he actually looked…surprised? Shocked? She wasn’t sure, but the facial expression he was giving her was not what she expected. She expected him to give her his annoying smirk and come up with some witty comment that made her want to punch him right in the face.

“So that’s why you ran…”

“No! Really? I was pretty sure I left running because I saw an ice cream truck!”

“Sarcasm is not attractive.”

“Oh, what an awful thing! I’m not being attractive to you! How will I be able to live with myself?”

He rolled his eyes and his lips formed a thin line that showed how unpleased he was with the whole situation. His grip on her arm loosened up, just a little bit, enough for her to be able to move on her own and stop feeling like she was going to lose a limb to him. Who knew he had so much strength. But then again, her arms were skinny; a normal grip would probably feel a bit too much. Not that much, but a bit.

“Look, I’m sorry okay. That move usually works with women.”

Was this his version of an apology? Seriously? Couldn’t he come up with something better like he was nervous? She would even accept that he was blind for two minutes and placed his hand by mistake in her leg so he knew where he was.

“Touching them without their consent works?”

“You would be surprised how smooth talk and a gentle touch does.”

“….You call your egocentric talk and annoying voice smooth? Do the women you date even have standards?”

She knew she was making him pissed but she didn’t care. She just wanted him gone, for good and never see him. Not unless she was forced. By her sister.

“Look, this…”

Krystal said as she pointed to the two of them.

“This forced get along will never work. So how about we ignore each other for the rest of our lives? We both know I prefer your brother…a lot more.”

He didn’t look surprised by that statement at all.  Actually, the only one who didn’t seem to notice how found Krystal was of Myungsoo’s uncle was the man himself. It was frustrating but she liked it nonetheless. But then again, she just found him incredibly nice and charming, it wasn’t like she found him the most amazing man in the world.

“Let me think about it”

He made a small pause and then he looked at her with that garbage eating smirk. God how she hated it.

“No, not happening.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’ve to handle me little girl. I’m going to make your life a living hell.”