Part 8

At the Right Time

4/17/2015

 

 

 

Part 8:

 

 

Seunghyun found Jiyong leaning against his car and smoking a cigarette. Seunghyun joined him, pulling out his own cigarette and lit up. They stayed there a few minutes enjoying the night air and their smoke before Seunghyun spoke.

 

“So you want to tell me what’s going on with you and Dara?”

 

“Not really.”

 

Seunghyun expelled a long puff of smoke.  “Funny - I always thought you two would outlast me and Bom.”

 

Jiyong snickered. “Who says we won’t?”

 

“I do. There’s no way you two are going to last at this rate.  Maybe its time for you two to just throw in the towel and date some other people.”

 

“I didn’t ask for your opinion.”

 

Seunghyun shrugged his shoulder. “I’m just saying what I see happening.”

 

Jiyong tossed down his cigarette and snuffed it beneath his shoe. It pissed him off that people thought he and Dara were going to end their relationship over this. There was no way in hell he would let that happen and he said as much to Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun chuckled and blew out another long stream of smoke. “It’s funny you say that but each time I see you two you’re drifting further apart.”

 

Jiyong stuck his hands in his pockets, frowning into the night. “She’s mad because I didn’t tell her my boss is a woman.”

 

“Is she good looking?”

 

“What does that have to do with it?” Jiyong questioned, sounding annoyed.

 

“Possibly everything,” Seunghyun answered with a shrug.

 

Jiyong let out a loud sigh. “Yeah, she’s beautiful. She’s twenty three, wealthy, and a Vice President.”

 

Seunghyun snickered. “I can see why you didn’t tell her.”

 

Jiyong ran a hand through his hair. “What do I do, hyung? I don’t want to lose her over this but I don’t think I’m wrong either of all the things she’s accusing me of.”

 

“There’s more things?”

 

Jiyong sighed. “The promotion, the car, the apartment… Dara thinks all of it was given to me because my boss has the hots for me.”

 

Seunghyun continued smoking without commenting.

 

“I work hard at my job,” Jiyong said, his voice harsh. “When I got this promotion I was so excited. Finally I was getting somewhere. I felt like I was doing something that would make Dara proud and that would allow me to take care of her in the future. I want to marry her, hyung. I want to be able to give her everything she deserves and things that will show her how much I love her. Is that so wrong?”

 

Seunghyun shook his head. “Not at all.”

 

“I didn’t tell her about my boss being a woman because I knew she would be upset – and that’s exactly what happened. But the other parts about my receiving a car and an apartment, I don’t see how she could even think that could be a… a… bribe!” He stood and walked away several steps, then stood with his hands on his hips and his head tilted back and stared up at the sky.

 

Seunghyun finished his cigarette and then walked over to Jiyong and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Seems to me you two have a lot to talk about, but I advise you do it soon. You and I both know that Dara’s the type to shut down her feelings when she gets into situations like this. If you’re waiting for her to come to you then chances are you’re going to lose her. It’s that simple. Then what good is your promotion and all these other perks if you lose her? If you love Dara you better go get her because I can guarantee you that guy I saw come with her to the house tonight is after your girl.”

 

 

*