Vows

Vows

"I wanna get married soon."

"I don't think I can handle that." Voice cracking. "Don't get married."

"You do know I'd get married someday, right? But for now, chill. I won't get married anytime soon." Hugs her sister while she cries on her shoulders.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

"Do you take this man to be your lawfully-wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

"He proposed to me last night."

"Don't tell me you accepted!"

"..." Shrugs. Shows the ring shining brightly on her left ring finger.

"Didn't you even think of what SooJung would feel? She told you before that she couldn't handle you getting married! Not when she's lost everyone in her life." Fuming.

"How do you even know that?" Indifferent.

Scoffs.

"She tells me things she can't tell you since you're so busy frolicking around." Rolls eyes.

Raises eyebrow.

"Well, she has you."

"Damn right, she does!" Walks away.

"Take good care of my sister for me, okay, Steph?"

".. I ng despise you, SooYeon." Walks away without ever looking back.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

"I do."

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

The younger girl was sitting on a couch, clinging to the older girl who's holding her while she cries.

"Tiffany eonni..?" The younger girl asks, with her voice wavering.

"Yes, SooJung-a?" The older girl responds, while continuing to the younger's hair.

"..." Sniffling continues.

"What is it, SooJung?" The older girl becomes more worried.

The younger girl nuzzles her head into the older's neck, making her voice muffled.

"What? I didn't quite get what you said."

Sighs.

"..."

"Just tell me, Jjungie. You know you can tell eonni anything, right?"

The younger nods her head, then sighs.

"Just.. Just promise me you won't leave me like how eonni did."

The older holds the younger's chin upwards, so she could take a good look into the younger's eyes as she speaks the next words, engraving them into the younger's mind.

"I'll never leave you. I'd always be here with you forever. Okay?"

The older smiles brightly at the latter, taking the younger girl's breath away.

"Okay."