001

Seasons of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This has been a bad day for Kwon Yuri. First thing in the morning, she burnt the pancakes meant for breakfast, which made Seohyun have to go to school with an empty stomach. Then, she forgot to bring the script for a movie casting which led to her getting scolded by the director and blacklisted from his future auditions. Now, she was stuck in bad traffic on the way to another casting, this time for a commercial for a fast food restaurant.

 

“Come on traffic, I need to be there in thirty minutes.” Yuri grumbled under her breath as she looked at her watch. The cab driver looked at her through the mirror and shook his head.

 

“I’m sorry, Miss. Very unusual to have bad traffic at this time. Where are you rushing to?” The middle-aged man asked in a concerned voice.

 

Yuri let out a big sigh. “Gwanghwamun Square in thirty minutes, I don’t think I’m going to make it.”

 

The cab driver thought for a moment. “How about this, I’ll let you off here and you can cross two streets to the nearest subway station. You can take the subway there, you should make it in time.”

 

Right, that sounded like the best option at this moment. It was do or die. Yuri shoved the money to the cab driver, not forgetting to thank him for his advice, before making a mad dash for the station.

 

The street was extremely crowded, and Yuri had to push her way through with her gigantic bag containing various outfits, her cosmetics and her hair products.

 

“Excuse me! EXCUSE ME!”

 

Pushing her way through the crowd, she finally arrived at the subway entrance.

 

“Thank goodness, I think I still can make it.” Yuri smiled as she looked at her watch. She still had twenty minutes to get there.

 

When she had finally arrived at her destination, she had to once again fight with the crowd to get to the designated building. Gwanghwamun Square was bustling with activities at this hour, with office workers making their way home and tourists heading back now that the sun was beginning to set.

 

By the time she had arrived at the building, she was panting like crazy.

 

“I need to get to the tenth floor.” She mumbled while looking at her mobile phone, which contained the email sent by the casting company congratulating her for making it to the last round.

 

The elevator arrived and she pushed her way in, knocking into a man in a hoodie in the process.

 

“I’m sorry!” She quickly apologized to him and bowed repeatedly. Unfortunately, the man did not seem too pleased. He wore an ugly expression on his face, which looked like a combination of anger and pain.

 

‘I couldn’t have hit him that hard, did I? Why does this grown man look like he is in so much pain?’ Yuri thought.

 

“Miss, could you, please move your feet?” The man asked and grimaced.

 

Yuri looked down at her feet and noticed that her stiletto heel was on his toes.

 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to do that.”

 

She lifted her feet and bowed apologetically again. The man smiled politely and nodded.

 

Just at this moment, the elevator opened up at the tenth floor and Yuri ran out as quickly as she could.

 

“Washroom, I need the washroom first.”

 

Yuri located the nearest washroom and entered, only to find it packed with more than twenty young ladies who were around her age. Most of them had their make-up on and their hairs all set.

 

“Wow…” She was speechless at the amount of beauty that filled the washroom. If these were all her competitors, she probably faced an uphill battle.

 

“ALRIGHT LADIES, YOU HAVE FIVE MORE MINUTES. WE ARE READY TO BEGIN CASTING!” An announcement was made with a loud speaker, which sent the ladies into frenzy.

 

Yuri panicked and hurriedly squeezes her way in front of a mirror to touch up her make-up. She looked like a mess after the mad rush here, and had to make sure she looked her best. Yuri had initially wanted to curl her hair, but due to the time constraint, all she could manage to do was to shove her hair into a loose bun on her head. She looked more cute than elegant, as compared to her competitors, but this was all she could manage to accomplish in five minutes.

 

“Oh, whatever.” Yuri shrugged and hurried out of the washroom.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri has been seated for over two hours, and her name had still not been called to enter the room. More than ten hopefuls like her have went into the room, and came out of the room looking rather down casted. Yuri was b with confidence, as this was the fifteen commercial casting she had attended. She was quite sure she would get the job; since it was about time she got her big break and landed a commercial.

 

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“This way please.”

 

A young lady led her to a room at the end of a corridor. When they arrived, the young lady excused herself and Yuri was to knock on the door before entering.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yuri knocked gently.

 

“Please come in,” she heard a voice.

 

Yuri pushed open the door and was greeted by the sight of a panel of three. The man in the middle was someone she recognized. His name was Kangin, a famous producer of commercial for big brands and usually played the role of the director as well. If she wanted to make it big in this industry, this was the man she needed to impress. On his right was a woman of a much senior age, who looked like a very important person. Yuri guessed that she was probably a senior executive from the fast food chain. To the left of Kangin was a man who looked like he was in his mid to late twenties. Oh, the man in the elevator who was the victim of her stiletto heel. He looked at Yuri, and she knew that he recognized her. This was going to go badly…

 

“Good evening, I’m Kwon Yuri.” She greeted politely and smiled at everyone with her most charming smile.

 

Kangin laughed, “Yuri-ah, you don’t have to be so nervous. Loosen up, we want to meet the real you.”

 

Yuri tried her best to keep her composure and kept her hands to the side of her body, awaiting further instructions.

 

The female executive spoke. “We’re looking for a young lady who is around college-aged to star in our new commercial for summer holidays.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter